LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

2016 Purchase Price

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-16, 10:09 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by yakim
As you should: Land Rover is to be leased or owned for the duration of the factory warranty
Reliability is hit or miss, but as long as its covered by the warranty it doesn't matter
Resale is better than Lexus because they sell mostly at MSRP price, no $15K discounts
BTW, I don't have a problem with Lexus because I own one. But it certainly isn't a clear winner or top choice in anything but long-term reliability. Is it enough?
yeah reliability and maybe style is what lexus has going. But i think they know they are in trouble unless they dramatically change with the next generation. They need to match or beat audi and the germans. The rc f and gs f are proof they are starting to listen finally.
Old 01-26-16, 06:05 AM
melonbread
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Austin lexus probably isn't the best place to deal. I've heard park place offers decent deals.
Old 02-07-16, 11:16 PM
AustinHusk
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by melonbread
Austin lexus probably isn't the best place to deal. I've heard park place offers decent deals.
Yup! It's almost like that dealership thinks that people don't have internet access and don't know what the real prices are. All you have to do is contact a couple of dealerships in Dallas/Houston to quickly know how you're getting screwed by Austin prices.
Old 02-08-16, 01:55 AM
gptgirl
Rookie

Originally Posted by AustinHusk
Yup! It's almost like that dealership thinks that people don't have internet access and don't know what the real prices are. All you have to do is contact a couple of dealerships in Dallas/Houston to quickly know how you're getting screwed by Austin prices.
Just curious, did Houston or Dallas offer greater than 2k off MSRP?
Old 02-08-16, 08:08 AM
malba2366
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bimmer32
I like the way you show for cars. That's how I bought my BMW. My latest experience at the Lexus dealer was unpleasant. The sales technique employed is so 1980's and gimmick that even my 8 years old recognized it and was completely turned off. The salesman / manager tag team is really dated and is an undesirable impression. Who enjoys having others waste your time? Perhaps someone taking negotiation classes? It was definitely a learning experience for my kids.

I usually formulate a reasonable price that I am willing to pay from researching forums such as this, edmunds pricing forum, truecar etc. I then have a firm price I am willing to pay for the exact vehicle I want to buy. Then after the test drive, I tell the dealer exactly what options I want, and I let them know I am willing to order a car if exactly what I want is not available so they can try to locate a car after I leave...I do not want to sit there while they do this.
Then I tell the salesman the price I am willing to pay..usually there is hemming and hawing about how hot the car is, how the manager won't go for it etc. I usually then ask for the salesman's card and tell him to call me when he and his manager can sell the car for my price. I have had very good luck with this technique, the key is to have a reasonable price and appear to be knowledgeable about the vehicle. It is very important to set the tone early that you don't have a ton of time to kill and that you will not sit there while the salesman goes back and forth to his manager.
Old 02-08-16, 08:20 AM
AustinHusk
Pit Crew

Sounds simple.... and probably what a lot of us (savvy buyers) do.... But I like how you laid it out.

Good advice.
Old 02-08-16, 03:15 PM
yakim
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

i've been trying to replace my MY 14 with 2016 for a few months now, and all I hear is how hot the model is and that most pay MSRP etc etc, and how I should be ever so thankful to have a $2K discount. In about a month or so, I am going to tell Lexus to shove it and go buy something else.
The truth that Lexus loyalists are too timid to admit is that this boat is not anywhere near a $98K car. No way, ever...

Last edited by yakim; 02-08-16 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-14-16, 06:21 PM
gptgirl
Rookie

Newbie here.... but long time Lexus owner (06 GX470 - wife, 08 GS350 - mine). Looking to buy the new 16 LX 570. Have made a few trips to the 2 dealerships here in Austin but it looks like better/more aggressive pricing in Dallas/Houston.

Saw earlier (not sure if it was in this thread or another) - that someone got 6K off MSRP of 97k.... Is that true?

What's should I be paying? One dealier in Houston quoted me $3k off
Have you purchased an LX yet? If so, which dealer did you go with? Any discount? I'm also in TX.
Old 02-14-16, 07:52 PM
yakim
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Got in touch with a dealer somewhere in the East. They'll do invoice IF I ordered a car, the wait is 3-4 months...So, for best price, if you are willing to wait and if the dealership is high volume, get in touch with their Internet dpt and offer invoice on special order.

Last edited by yakim; 02-14-16 at 08:35 PM.
Old 02-16-16, 04:55 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 978 Likes on 565 Posts

just purchased 2016 LX fully loaded. List: 98,880. Paid 93,000
Old 02-16-16, 05:30 PM
gptgirl
Rookie

Originally Posted by hzhao
just purchased 2016 LX fully loaded. List: 98,880. Paid 93,000
That is great! Congrats. What state did you purchase?
Old 02-16-16, 06:13 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 978 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by gptgirl
That is great! Congrats. What state did you purchase?
Northeast Ohio
Old 02-17-16, 07:04 AM
Nayyer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by yakim
Got in touch with a dealer somewhere in the East. They'll do invoice IF I ordered a car, the wait is 3-4 months...So, for best price, if you are willing to wait and if the dealership is high volume, get in touch with their Internet dpt and offer invoice on special order.
Which dealer is giving invoice in the east?
Old 02-17-16, 12:44 PM
AustinHusk
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by gptgirl
Have you purchased an LX yet? If so, which dealer did you go with? Any discount? I'm also in TX.
Not yet. Am in the process of narrowing down the price. Which part of TX are you in?
Old 02-17-16, 03:55 PM
gptgirl
Rookie

Not yet. Am in the process of narrowing down the price. Which part of TX are you in?
San Antonio is my nearest dealership. I was looking at the 2016 because it has BSM and RCTA. They quoted me 82k on a 2015. I told them I am not interested. Now, we are considering the 2015 and will ask if they will sell to us for in the 70's. We'll see. I would love to get the 2016, but, after much consideration, my husband doesn't want to spend 100k w/ TTL on a car. I get that.

Quick Reply: 2016 Purchase Price