LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

help with model year changes

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-15, 09:54 PM
Qx2Gx
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with model year changes

Hey all, I posted similar questions regarding the GX in the other forum but wanted to find out about the LX, as well. I am in the process of purchasing a new (to me) truck in the next few months and coming from an Escalade, it seems as if the LX would be more "familiar" and I would "sacrifice" less vs going to a GX.

That being said, I'd like to purchase a 2010+ LX but with prices still being a tad over what I'd like to spend (willing to go up to $40k, but prefer to stay below that) I'm thinking maybe the '08-'09 might be more realistic. From what I could find online, the only real significant changes in feature set between 2009 to 2010 was the addition of OEM iPod/USB input, upgraded GPS (what does this even mean...graphically?) and bluetooth (was bluetooth really not available pre-2010?). Is this right? I also read about a "luxury package"...what exactly did this include?

So, from actual owners, what are the significant changes between those model years? I know the Vaistech ML+ works for iPod connectivity; are the GPS maps also upgradeable? Finally, was a power lift gate available and is the OEM RES (remote engine starter) compatible with the 08-09 LX's? These are two features (power lift gate and remote start) that I have come to use very frequently and find extremely useful in my Escalade.

Sorry for the long post but hoping I can shed some light on these questions to help make an informed decision. Thanks, in advance!
Old 11-21-15, 07:05 AM
ybing
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Qx2Gx
Hey all, I posted similar questions regarding the GX in the other forum but wanted to find out about the LX, as well. I am in the process of purchasing a new (to me) truck in the next few months and coming from an Escalade, it seems as if the LX would be more "familiar" and I would "sacrifice" less vs going to a GX.

That being said, I'd like to purchase a 2010+ LX but with prices still being a tad over what I'd like to spend (willing to go up to $40k, but prefer to stay below that) I'm thinking maybe the '08-'09 might be more realistic. From what I could find online, the only real significant changes in feature set between 2009 to 2010 was the addition of OEM iPod/USB input, upgraded GPS (what does this even mean...graphically?) and bluetooth (was bluetooth really not available pre-2010?). Is this right? I also read about a "luxury package"...what exactly did this include?

So, from actual owners, what are the significant changes between those model years? I know the Vaistech ML+ works for iPod connectivity; are the GPS maps also upgradeable? Finally, was a power lift gate available and is the OEM RES (remote engine starter) compatible with the 08-09 LX's? These are two features (power lift gate and remote start) that I have come to use very frequently and find extremely useful in my Escalade.

Sorry for the long post but hoping I can shed some light on these questions to help make an informed decision. Thanks, in advance!

I own a 2010 GX for 4 years, 2010 is the year it switch to new engine and 6speed, with more off road tech, powered 3rd row (however, it raise the trunk floor) 2nd Gen has a bit longer wheelbase & wider, still base on the 4Runner (Land Cruiser Pardo)

GX has no power lift gate, and its all open side way, and it open from left to right, so it is a bit strange if you part on the side of the road, but can open the back window if just want to drop in small item

LX is the same car from 08' - 15'; just some panel changes; 16' is the major change for LX with new exterior & interior, also 8speed; but engine still the same under all the panel it is still base on Land Cruiser

The Nav system cannot be upgrade, I can't remember which year is which Gen, but if you have the older Gen all you can do is update the map, the system before 2014 is hard disk or disc base, start from 2014 model it is SD card, but still cannot upgrade if newer version is release

Remote start is available on 2010 GX for option, need to be port install (I'm sure there is aftermarket version); from 2014, remote start become a pay service with Lexus Enform, its like $220 per year (first year free), it can control your car thru Lexus App. For remote start on LX I'm not sure, didn't pay attention before, but I know they are all port option which mean need to select when order (if you want the "OEM" one), at least when I purchase mine is like that

Honestly Lexus/Toyota isn't really that supportive with Apple, recently they just announce will not support Apple car play and Android Auto, for my experience, basic function pair to the system you will have no issue, but system is not supporting multi-language (English, French, Spanish only; my biggest complain for years!!!)

I'm not sure which year of Escalade you have but for this year model you can see my complain here : https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ml#post9254967

GX 3rd row is very tight (for short trip only), and no space left for the trunk with 3rd row up, the head rest is almost touching the rear window; other than that I really have no complain with the car (but you should expect 3rd row space is like that for most SUV, except your Escalade LOL)

Both GX & LX have actually leaf spring for the rear, LX should be better with more refine air suspension & control, you will experience big body roll when going over speed bump in angle at least on the GX is for sure

I hasn't got my LX yet, so can't give my experience but I'm confident that it will be better than GX, 3rd will be more space, but don't expect really going to be comfortable to sit 3, it won't be as spacious as Escalade, Escalade is just huge lol

For long term usage, I guarantee nothing can compare to Lexus/Toyota, you won't go wrong with either model

You may find the GX truck space is easier to arrange stuff because the seats fold down instead of up; I did measure the length between the wheel arch inside the truck, the GX is actually wider in few inches

But overall space LX will win, the 2nd row can fold up and forward and more space even with 3rd row up (don't compare if you have the ESV lol)

But the older LX is 5speed... so... if you care about gearssssss

Last edited by ybing; 11-21-15 at 07:45 AM.
Old 12-04-15, 10:23 PM
HSVRX350
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which year LX first start having HID?
Old 12-04-15, 11:07 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by HSVRX350
Which year LX first start having HID?
2013 start to have HID and upgrade spindle grill, and rear headrests entertaiment
Old 12-20-15, 05:14 PM
kevikev
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ybing, thanks a lot for the comprehensive summary of model years. I recently upgraded my '04 GX to an '08 LX and have just started getting used to the new playform.
Old 12-21-15, 12:20 AM
ybing
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kevikev
ybing, thanks a lot for the comprehensive summary of model years. I recently upgraded my '04 GX to an '08 LX and have just started getting used to the new playform.
I don't know why I feel my old GX ride smoother on normal road than my new LX LOL Maybe is the tires or I'm too old to remember, but so far no complain of the new ride yet, although was expected to be a bit better