LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

What are you other rides besides your LX?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-15, 09:01 PM
Superbeast
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What are you other rides besides your LX?

Just curious what kinds of other cars you LX owners have and drive.

My wife's daily driver is a 2008 Vette with a manual tranny. I figure that her car will slowly become mine, and the LX will slowly become hers! (dammit)

For fun, I have a 1987 Mustang GT that I bought a couple years ago from the original owner. It's bone stock and unmolested. It's my "sunny day fun" car.

What about you guys?

EDITED: Post pics if you can!

Last edited by Superbeast; 11-14-15 at 10:45 PM.
Old 11-14-15, 10:20 PM
Lummie2IS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My LX is my daily.

2007 S2000

1992 Honda Accord EX coupe.

Wife's 2012 Sienna XLE.

Old 11-14-15, 10:43 PM
Superbeast
Rookie

Great pics!

That's a good idea, here's some of mine:

Old 11-14-15, 11:12 PM
SeaHawg
Rookie

2001 Ford F-150 Lariat 2WD - It is my daily driver, and it belonged to my father before he passed away...

The 2011 LX is more of my weekend/road trip vehicle of choice. Only two out of my 40+ employees know I have it 😎

Last edited by SeaHawg; 11-15-15 at 10:18 AM.
Old 11-15-15, 03:10 AM
Lexus63641
Driver School Candidate

my rides
'10 LX570
'07 Toyota Avalon

Old 11-15-15, 04:46 AM
clipsmeyer
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Besides my 2 lx's
Old 11-15-15, 11:02 AM
REDHORSE
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Had this a year now. Audi S8 for fun, LX 570 for utility.
Attached Thumbnails What are you other rides besides your LX?-s8.jpg  
Old 11-15-15, 02:18 PM
Dudley33
Rookie

Got it yesterday. 50 miles on the odometer
Old 11-17-15, 07:57 PM
Superbeast
Rookie

Originally Posted by clipsmeyer
Besides my 2 lx's
Nice! How would you compare the ride and build compared to the Lexus? What about off road capability?

Whenever you see footage or pictures of people adventuring through Africa, they're always in some version of a Land Rover or a Land Cruiser. They must both be pretty capable!
Old 11-18-15, 02:45 AM
clipsmeyer
Driver School Candidate

They are two very different vehicles. The Range Rover is a long wheelbase autobiography with the executive package on it. It is an amazing piece of machinery. There is leather covering just about everything except where there is wood, and the 510 hp engine is at time insanely fast, plus on the highway I can get up to 20 mpg. The seats are a very comfortable, but it only seats 4 with the executive package. As with all land rovers there are some minor quirks, I've had a few sensors go back over the year I have owned it that required service. I have not had time to take it and do any hard core off-roading. Both should do just find with just about anything that you can throw at them.

On the LX 570's we currently have a 2015 and just traded our 2013 on a 2016 yesterday. I haven't had time to play with the 16 yet. The LX's are very nice, and comfortable, but not as opulent as the range rover. But everything just works and never has any problems. They are not as fast as the range rovers (with the supercharged engine), but very smooth. The LX is the perfect family vehicle since you can have seats for up to 8. My only wish is they would install captains chairs for the second row and maybe increase the power up to about 500 hp.

We have owned 10 LX's since 2008 and have yet to find a vehicle over 6000 lbs gvwr that is superior as our family vehicle. Another thing to consider when comparing the two is the price difference a fully maxed out LX will run about 97k sticker for a 2016 vs 140K for a LWB autobiography ( you can get a LWB supercharged without all the extra leather for about 120 or can upgrade to the 550 hp engine on the SVAutobiography that is 200k)

Another thing to consider is the dealer network. I have had much better luck with Lexus dealers than Land Rover dealers! When I need service for my Lexus I usually just drive it to the airport when I go on one of my weekly business trips and have the dealer pick it up from the valet and do the service. My local Land Rover dealer does not have this service so I have to drive up to the dealership to get the service done.
Old 11-18-15, 10:12 AM
ybing
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

They are two very different vehicles. The Range Rover is a long wheelbase autobiography with the executive package on it. It is an amazing piece of machinery. There is leather covering just about everything except where there is wood, and the 510 hp engine is at time insanely fast, plus on the highway I can get up to 20 mpg. The seats are a very comfortable, but it only seats 4 with the executive package. As with all land rovers there are some minor quirks, I've had a few sensors go back over the year I have owned it that required service. I have not had time to take it and do any hard core off-roading. Both should do just find with just about anything that you can throw at them.

On the LX 570's we currently have a 2015 and just traded our 2013 on a 2016 yesterday. I haven't had time to play with the 16 yet. The LX's are very nice, and comfortable, but not as opulent as the range rover. But everything just works and never has any problems. They are not as fast as the range rovers (with the supercharged engine), but very smooth. The LX is the perfect family vehicle since you can have seats for up to 8. My only wish is they would install captains chairs for the second row and maybe increase the power up to about 500 hp.

We have owned 10 LX's since 2008 and have yet to find a vehicle over 6000 lbs gvwr that is superior as our family vehicle. Another thing to consider when comparing the two is the price difference a fully maxed out LX will run about 97k sticker for a 2016 vs 140K for a LWB autobiography ( you can get a LWB supercharged without all the extra leather for about 120 or can upgrade to the 550 hp engine on the SVAutobiography that is 200k)

Another thing to consider is the dealer network. I have had much better luck with Lexus dealers than Land Rover dealers! When I need service for my Lexus I usually just drive it to the airport when I go on one of my weekly business trips and have the dealer pick it up from the valet and do the service. My local Land Rover dealer does not have this service so I have to drive up to the dealership to get the service done.
How was your Rover doing on reliability? I was planned to order one when it was released years ago, but the dealer screw up the order for 6 months and I will never return to that dealer anymore
Old 11-18-15, 10:34 AM
clipsmeyer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ybing
How was your Rover doing on reliability? I was planned to order one when it was released years ago, but the dealer screw up the order for 6 months and I will never return to that dealer anymore
It's been in the shop a few times. I've had a few error messages from bad sensors and had several recalls. All of them have taken less than a day to get them repaired. You do have to have the mindset that rovers a "quirky British vehicle" and will have issues from time to time vs the absolute reliability of the Lexus.

They are probably my two favorite vehicles on the road. I'm glad I have both.
Old 11-18-15, 10:15 PM
VeloGuy
Driver School Candidate

Default Just this little beast!

2002 BMW M Roadster
Attached Thumbnails What are you other rides besides your LX?-img_1636.jpg  
Old 11-19-15, 01:42 PM
clipsmeyer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VeloGuy
2002 BMW M Roadster

The newest one
Old 11-20-15, 01:13 AM
ybing
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

It's been in the shop a few times. I've had a few error messages from bad sensors and had several recalls. All of them have taken less than a day to get them repaired. You do have to have the mindset that rovers a "quirky British vehicle" and will have issues from time to time vs the absolute reliability of the Lexus.

They are probably my two favorite vehicles on the road. I'm glad I have both.
The Rover is still one of my favor car, but just can't stand my local dealer... and the Nav system its kind of slowly Wish the LX have a supercharger model

Quick Reply: What are you other rides besides your LX?