LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Just bought a Certified 2011 LX570!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-15, 10:04 AM
VeloGuy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought a Certified 2011 LX570!

My wife and, after lots of test drives of many, many different SUVs just pulled the trigger on a beautiful 2011 Lexus LX570! Black on Black, Lexus Certified with 40k miles on it. Didn't think we'd end up spending this kind of money, but WOW, it's just awesome!

Funny, this beautiful beast is replacing our reliable little Prius. While the fuel economy in the Prius was just nuts, this LX570 is so amazing I don't think I'll even miss the gas savings!

Questions:
1. Any recommendations for a rooftop hard carrier? Will use it for carrying snowboards and gear. Also, storage of said carrier when not using it? My garage space is at a premium....maybe some kind of way to "hoist" it up to the ceiling of the garage?

2. Also, I'm a road cyclist, Masters racer....anyone have a good solution for inside the back transportation of your bike? I'm looking for something with the bike upright or nearly upright with the front fork secured to something to prevent movement and avoid just laying it down on its side. (Just got the LX last night and had to fly out of town this morning so I've yet to have a chance to even put my bike inside yet!)

Thanks and very excited!
Old 11-01-15, 10:55 AM
lulugirl89
Driver School Candidate

Congratulations!
Old 11-02-15, 07:48 AM
drich2905
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulations on a great vehicle.

This is not a rack for you bike but is a thread I posted on a product I use since I have to carry items in my cargo area that can cause damage to seats and trim. Something to think about.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lx-...rotection.html
Old 11-04-15, 03:19 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by VeloGuy
Questions:
1. Any recommendations for a rooftop hard carrier? Will use it for carrying snowboards and gear. Also, storage of said carrier when not using it? My garage space is at a premium....maybe some kind of way to "hoist" it up to the ceiling of the garage?

2. Also, I'm a road cyclist, Masters racer....anyone have a good solution for inside the back transportation of your bike? I'm looking for something with the bike upright or nearly upright with the front fork secured to something to prevent movement and avoid just laying it down on its side. (Just got the LX last night and had to fly out of town this morning so I've yet to have a chance to even put my bike inside yet!)

Thanks and very excited!
1. Thule and Yakima both work well and have plastic adapters to fit the cross section of the roof rack cross bars.

Mine is hoisted via an eye-bolt in each corner with ropes leading to the balance point of the carrier with all tied into a loop. A cheap block and tackle lifts or lowers the carrier. When it's lifted from the truck, a cleat on the garage wall holds it in place. A couple of ropes under the lifted carrier are in place just in case the lifting mechanism fails.

2. Simplest for the bike might be a 2x6 with 2x4 uprights and a vertical 2x6 in front to prevent back and forth movement...similar to a motorcycle wheel chock that fits in the bed of a pickup. Nothing fancy, just basic hillbilly engineering.

hth

Steve
Old 11-09-15, 11:18 AM
VeloGuy
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the replies!
Old 11-13-15, 11:49 AM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by VeloGuy
My wife and, after lots of test drives of many, many different SUVs just pulled the trigger on a beautiful 2011 Lexus LX570! Black on Black, Lexus Certified with 40k miles on it. Didn't think we'd end up spending this kind of money, but WOW, it's just awesome!

Funny, this beautiful beast is replacing our reliable little Prius. While the fuel economy in the Prius was just nuts, this LX570 is so amazing I don't think I'll even miss the gas savings!

Questions:

Thanks and very excited!

Congratulations!
I traded a 100% electric car for the LanD Cruiser, so I know where you're coming from in terms of saving money on the pump.

Enjoy your new ride.
Old 11-13-15, 06:27 PM
Superbeast
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats!

I just got a 2011 too. I've wanted a Land Cruiser for years, finally figured no reason to wait any longer.

I'm really enjoying it, although it's been hard prying the keys from my wife's hands! At least I get to drive her C6 Vette in return.

Old 11-14-15, 09:34 AM
jdeguzman1
Driver School Candidate

You can take a look at this for inside the LX. Not sure how good it is. Just happened to find this site when looking for bike racks.

http://www.steepgrade.bike/
Old 11-18-15, 10:16 PM
VeloGuy
Driver School Candidate

Great, thanks!
Old 12-20-15, 05:19 PM
kevikev
Driver School Candidate

VeloGuy, how do you like the LX after driving it for about a month?
Old 12-21-15, 09:25 AM
VeloGuy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kevikev
VeloGuy, how do you like the LX after driving it for about a month?
Love it!

My wife and I are both extremely happy with our LX and can't believe we waited so long to get it. We were a little hesitant to step up to this level of cost, but are now very happy that we did...not one regret!

The ride is very nice, soft and luxurious enough for a nice night out...strong and able enough to easily tackle rough terrain, making fresh tracks on snow covered (18"?) trails (just yesterday up in the high Sierras in California) and roomy enough to take 7-8 adults out to dinner. Also, good power to pass at freeway speeds, accelerate, etc.

I did get a Yakima roof container that lets me put our snowboards, boots, gear etc up top while leaving lots of additional storage space inside. I also got the Saris Triple Track bike rack for inside the vehicle bike transportation. It's worked out great so far!

My only complaint is I wish there were a good, clever storage spot in the back where I could store jumper cables, a small blanket, etc....things a little bulkier than will fit in the little spot inside the rear tailgate.

It's an awesome vehicle that I highly recommend to anyone who asks.
Old 01-01-16, 01:38 PM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

great to hear - congrats on the new addition!
Old 01-01-16, 03:50 PM
Johnny Rad
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats on the rig. It's been long enough - time to post a couple of pics.

As for a bike in the back, but I've got a GX and just roll my roadie right into the back once one of the second row seats is folded forward. I lean it up against the other second row seat that is still in place and not folded, but my bike is still standing upright with both wheels on.

Another option if I can't fold 1/2 the second row forward is to rm over the front wheel and position it transversely.

My 29'er won't fit unless I take off a wheel and I think 1/2 of th second row has to be folded forward.