LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

My 2016 LX570 will be here next week!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-15, 03:40 AM
ybing
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dudley33
Cross bars and a towing package seemed to come with the vehicle from the factory, even though they are are an accessory that the dealers are supposed to have. There is a special tool and instructions that come with the cross bars, and the tool and instructions were in a bag that was just sitting inside the vehicle. Same with the towing hitch equipment. Cross bars were on it when I took it for the initial test drive.
Well mine said it is accessory, but it hasn't been release yet, no price... maybe I should check with them again, our dealer got 2 already and don't think they have the crossbar installed
Old 11-17-15, 11:33 AM
Dudley33
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dudley,

Wow, that color
looks great on the LX. I also like the parchment interior, especially with the "open pore" walnut. I have not seen that wood in person but it looks quite elegant to me in Lexus photos:

What wood did you get with your parchment interior?

I did get the matte open pore walnut with the parchment interior. My LX looks a lot like that photo. The steering wheel, and each door, and the dash has the same wood. There is a real "matte" rather than glossy effect that does work well and seems very elegant. You can feel slight variations on the surface of the wood. The dash piece looks like a single very long piece of wood, you can see the grain running through it, and there are no seams. Had a glossy wood steering wheel in my LS 430, so this is different. There is a lot going on in the cabin--- wood on all four doors and the dash, piano black surface on the dash area in the center and in the doors by the buttons, dark brown leather on the top of the dash, and aluminum type metal accents, but it all seems to pull together. Seats and console are parchment leather, but the floor mats are black, which I will stay with on the all weather mats I am getting. The black on the floor ties with the black accents in the dash and doors.
Overall, it seems much more elegant than my 2005 LS 430 fully optioned semi-aniline interior.
I have to say you don't notice much of the wood due to the enormous video screen, which can be set to full map, offset aerial view--- you feel like you are looking out over a section of the City as you are driving--- almost as if you were in a low flying airplane.
Another comment--- I think there is a fairly high learning curve and almost "techno-shock" with the many different lights and indicators swirling around you all at the same time , the blind spot monitor lights blinking on the outside mirrors, the heads up display showing your speed and the speed limit, the lane departure alert shaking your steering wheel, the radar cruise indicator, and the front view and top view cameras coming on at every stop light to show low front obstacles--- as well as text messages coming in from your phone and being read to you by the voice in the car.

Old 11-18-15, 10:10 AM
ybing
Intermediate

Looks like the cross bar is available to order, forgot the price $3-400 I think, wish they do the same design as the GX... now raise the high isn't look good... and more drag...
Old 11-18-15, 03:18 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by malba2366
That tire is not even on the Dunlop website, and no other tires come in that size. Its a little worrisome in terms of getting replacement tires and not paying insane dealership prices. Do the tires just say M+S, or do they also have the snowflake logo on them?
thats why i would chose the 20 inch rims, or put the 13-15 lx rims as those look nice. The new 20 inch too busy. The 21 inch is slighty skinny for this beast imho. Need atleast 285s
Old 11-19-15, 08:05 AM
r3run33
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool that it is available; I guess my sales guy didn't know all the stuff : ) hey dudley can you take pis of your roof rack and how it actually is attached? is it similar to the Thule brand etc thanks congrats on vehicle
Old 11-19-15, 10:42 AM
Dudley33
Rookie

Originally Posted by T4Fun
thats why i would chose the 20 inch rims, or put the 13-15 lx rims as those look nice. The new 20 inch too busy. The 21 inch is slighty skinny for this beast imho. Need atleast 285s
It turns out that the Owner's Manual says that you cannot put chains on the 21 inch tires-- chains can only go on the 20 inch. I do need snow chains occasionally, so I will have to get 20 inch wheels eventually.

Regarding the luggage rack, I will post pictures tonight. I actually like that there is some spacing above the roof and below the bars, which allows me to put a larger Thule hard shell carrier on top without scratching the rook. I have heard the very low profile bars on the GX can be a problem with scratching and spacing issues. To my eye, they look good, and you can take them off if you are worried about wind resistance-- they are not a permanent install.
Old 11-20-15, 01:19 AM
ybing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dudley33
It turns out that the Owner's Manual says that you cannot put chains on the 21 inch tires-- chains can only go on the 20 inch. I do need snow chains occasionally, so I will have to get 20 inch wheels eventually.

Regarding the luggage rack, I will post pictures tonight. I actually like that there is some spacing above the roof and below the bars, which allows me to put a larger Thule hard shell carrier on top without scratching the rook. I have heard the very low profile bars on the GX can be a problem with scratching and spacing issues. To my eye, they look good, and you can take them off if you are worried about wind resistance-- they are not a permanent install.
I'm just lazy to install haha there should be 3 mounting point on the roof rack if I remember correctly when I went back to check, less flexible than the GX which can slide and lock. I saw the same design on the RX which looks really bulky, but I think it is because the car is small.

I kind of like the new 20s style better, the 21 looks ok, not much choice anyways since all the first batch of build were load with 21... for normal day use the 275 should be fine, probably they do it on purpose to reduce drag and friction
Old 11-20-15, 03:48 PM
Roger60
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just bought one today fully loaded 2016 LX 570 white with red interior. Picking up Tuesday. Cost in Canada is $102k in USA it's $97 k USD. 30 percent cheaper. My other truck is 2016 Range Rover HSE diesel. Picture to come
Old 11-20-15, 10:27 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Roger60
Just bought one today fully loaded 2016 LX 570 white with red interior. Picking up Tuesday. Cost in Canada is $102k in USA it's $97 k USD. 30 percent cheaper. My other truck is 2016 Range Rover HSE diesel. Picture to come
youre right, if a US citizen goes to canada to buy, its cheaper there. THe problem is, as soon as u take it back to US, its not covered by US dealers. Youre SOL. I am not sure also about titling and all as well how difficult it is.
Old 11-21-15, 04:21 PM
Dudley33
Rookie

Here are the pictures of the luggage rack and cross bars on my 2016 LX as requested above:

Old 11-21-15, 06:47 PM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

We test drove a 16 LX today. I have a quick questions that the salesperson could not answer.

Wireless phone charging shows to be an option in the brochure, but nobody can figure out where it is, or even if the two vehicle they had on the lot were even equipped with it. One person told me that if the vehicle has the center cool box, then there is no Qi wireless phone charging. One LX had the center cool box while the other did not, but we could not find the wireless phone charging on either. Could someone please clarify detail surrounding this feature?

Also, my dealer said they are selling them at msrp, has everyone else paid msrp, or have there been at least something off?

Thank you.

Last edited by jjbenzo; 11-21-15 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11-21-15, 06:53 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by jjbenzo
We test drove a 16 LX today. I have a quick questions that the salesperson could not answer.

Wireless phone charging shows to be an option in the brochure, but nobody can figure out where it is, or even if the two vehicle they had on the lot were even equipped with it. One person told me that if the vehicle has the center cool box, then there is no Qi wireless phone charging. One LX had the center cool box while the other did not, but we could not find the wireless phone charging on either. Could someone please clarify detail surrounding this feature? Thank you.
It's not great when salespeople don't know this stuff, but it's much worse when they can't open an owner's manual and look!

Information on this feature begins on page 436 of this PDF:
http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do...f/OM60N01U.pdf
Old 11-21-15, 07:08 PM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

*CAHA14, thank you for the quick reply! I appreciate the pdf and am glad to now know where it is located if equipped. Have a great weekend!
Old 11-21-15, 08:48 PM
Dudley33
Rookie

I have the Qi wireless charger in my new 2016. As you can tell from the manual it is at the base of tthe dash, just on the other side of the cupholders, with a door. The charger is too small to fit my IPhone 6 Plus wiith a modest size case. Other larger phones probably won't fit either.
Old 11-22-15, 06:02 AM
mikeivan
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default In person viewing

My dealer had two 2016 LX on the ground last week, both sold. Maybe a demo coming next month. I thought the exterior styling was fine, more angular than my old LX and the big grill looked OK on the big SUV. Atomic Silver is the color I like best.

My 2016 LX570 will be here next week!-lx-silver-crop.jpg

The interior styling is luxurious, driver centered and quite a step up from my LX. The rear seat DVDs are huge and ugly and intrude into the rear passenger space, imho. I would prefer 20" wheels with Michelins. I will have to special order to get exactly what I want, four month delivery time estimate! Still trying to make up my mind. I like the new RX but can't get past the cheap looking black plastic trim.

My 2016 LX570 will be here next week!-silver-rx-c.jpg

Quick Reply: My 2016 LX570 will be here next week!