LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Nav display set to stay off during startup

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-15, 12:28 PM
CeeB
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav display set to stay off during startup

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the display settings so the screen does not come on at startup? I find it very distracting to drive with the NAV on when I don't need it, but it's a pain to always have to go through the menus to turn it off every time I drive. Can't find anything in the manual on this. Help!
Thanks,
CeeB
Old 09-29-15, 04:31 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts
Default It's always just a bit helpful...

...to post your model year. If yours is a '13, you'll see how to do it in the NAV manual under Setup. If not, other 200 series years have owner's manuals online at lexus.com.

hth

Steve
Old 09-29-15, 06:25 PM
CeeB
Driver School Candidate

Default 2015 lx570

Thank you for the reply - I did read through the NAV manual in the setup section, but there wasn't any obvious way to set the screen to auto off on startup. Every other feature under the sun appears adjustable - why not this one?!
Old 09-30-15, 03:20 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

Maybe turn the brightness of the screen all the way down. Is it the brightness that bothers you? The screen is kinda integrated into the Lexus system and even back in the LX470 days you could not stop it from turning on upon engine start.
Old 09-30-15, 08:43 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

CeeBe...still not knowing your model year...

On a '13, the sequence Setup>General>Screen Transition>Off will give you the same screen at startup that you had last time you shut her down. You'll still get the warning screen you acknowledge by pressing the acknowledgement in the lower right corner.

Off Topic just a little, I did find a way to shut off the stupid green ECO light, which to me was as big a PITA as the bright green "D" light on my 100 series LX (which I fixed by removing the "D" LED) .

You can kill the ECO light by pressing and holding the odometer button until you see the ECO light menu. Once the menu pops up, simply select the "OFF" option.

hth

Steve
Old 09-30-15, 09:39 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by hankinid

On a '13, the sequence Setup>General>Screen Transition>Off will give you the same screen at startup that you had last time you shut her down. You'll still get the warning screen you acknowledge by pressing the acknowledgement in the lower right corner.

Off Topic just a little, I did find a way to shut off the stupid green ECO light, which to me was as big a PITA as the bright green "D" light on my 100 series LX (which I fixed by removing the "D" LED) .

You can kill the ECO light by pressing and holding the odometer button until you see the ECO light menu. Once the menu pops up, simply select the "OFF" option.

hth

Steve
THANKS for that information.
Old 09-30-15, 10:05 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Smile

Originally Posted by hankinid

hth

Steve
Originally Posted by ggebhardt
THANKS for that information.
ggebhardt, you're very welcome.

The screen transition stuff I found in the owner's manual.

The ECO lamp stuff (and I was about ready to yank the gauge cluster and remove the LED) was courtesy of "elkaholic" on MUD. Check http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/how-to-disable-the-eco-indicator.799981/

You'll see his post about halfway down the page. If you're not a member there, I'd strongly suggest signing-up with a brief intro.

Glad it helped you and perhaps a few others.

Steve
Old 10-01-15, 07:14 AM
CeeB
Driver School Candidate

Default NAV not needed

Thanks to all for the posts - I have the 2015 LX570, and there doesn't appear to be a "screen transition" option in my system.

95% of the routes I drive are already known to me, so having the NAV on is just unnecessary. Plus the constant updating on the screen as I take turns, etc is distracting. Would be nice to turn it off automatically, but I guess I'll keep going through the screens to do it manually for now.

CeeB
2015 LX570