LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Buying my first LX 570, how much emphasis on extended warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-15, 06:00 AM
CBRDude
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Land Cruisers are just as nice as the LX's are. You won't get the Lexus look as some people see it as just a Toyota.

There a very few of those to be had and the ones that are had have some miles on them.

I suspect the rational is that Toyota buyers will not spend that kind of $$, when they can have a luxury of a Lexus and the better warranty. You don't find very many new either. Discounted you should be able to pick up a nicely loaded one in the low 70's.

They both hold their value very well. I see both with well over 100K with a asking price in the low 40's.

If you can land yourself a CPO Lexus that's the best route to take. The Lexus service is incredible. Although you pay dearly for it when used.

What ever you do don't buy a European (Mercedes, Audi or BMW) branded auto. Those vehicles are meant to be leased and you walk away from them. They DO NOT have stellar track records! After the warranty runs out so does your luck! Also once the warranty is gone so is the value and the cost of financing goes through the roof. If you're hard core stuck on this route get a CPO and do the deed through their finance arms. You'll pay more but your sanity will more in check as it gets older and more miles rack up.
Old 08-03-15, 09:17 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by CBRDude
The Land Cruisers are just as nice as the LX's are. You won't get the Lexus look as some people see it as just a Toyota.

I'd say if you're buying the truck to get the "Lexus look" (whatever that is) get the Lexus. Simple

There a very few of those to be had and the ones that are had have some miles on them.

I've been checking out 2-3 year old 200 series for the last month. I see the same mix of mileage v. year...i.e., basically no difference between an LX and LC.

I suspect the rational is that Toyota buyers will not spend that kind of $$, when they can have a luxury of a Lexus and the better warranty. You don't find very many new either. Discounted you should be able to pick up a nicely loaded one in the low 70's.

From what I've seen, and I'll buy either a 'Yota or LX, the "$$" issue seems to average out between the 2 brands. I don't see a difference in "luxury" between a LC with leather and and LX...I see it more like a Chevy v. GMC thing.

They both hold their value very well. I see both with well over 100K with a asking price in the low 40's.

See above.

If you can land yourself a CPO Lexus that's the best route to take. The Lexus service is incredible. Although you pay dearly for it when used.

Lexus "service" is entirely dependent on the individual dealer...in Boise, Toyota gives far better "service" (as well as a good parts discount for TLCA members) than Lexus.

What ever you do don't buy a European (Mercedes, Audi or BMW) branded auto. Those vehicles are meant to be leased and you walk away from them. They DO NOT have stellar track records! After the warranty runs out so does your luck! Also once the warranty is gone so is the value and the cost of financing goes through the roof. If you're hard core stuck on this route get a CPO and do the deed through their finance arms. You'll pay more but your sanity will more in check as it gets older and more miles rack up.
/Thread...
Old 08-08-15, 10:02 AM
flipflower
Driver School Candidate

I'm in the middle of negotiations to acquire a 2011 silver with black leather interior LX. It has 57k miles on it. The only issue I found is that the USB port is not working properly do I'm using that as a negotiating point. Will share if I end up driving this one home.
Old 08-08-15, 12:24 PM
flipflower
Driver School Candidate

Deal done. My wife will be very happy with her new LX 570.

I appreciate all of the input everyone provided.
Old 08-08-15, 04:30 PM
SeaHawg
Rookie

Originally Posted by flipflower
Deal done. My wife will be very happy with her new LX 570.

I appreciate all of the input everyone provided.
Congratulations! I have a silver/blk 2011 67k miles- LOVE IT! It is by far the best vehicle I have owned.
Old 08-17-15, 12:26 PM
CBRDude
Rookie

Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the Lexus family!

Hopefully you'll have many happy motoring miles!

Like I've stated previously we have been very happy with ours!

Everyone in our family owns a Lexus and they too have been problem free.

All were bought and serviced at the same dealer. We bought ours and have it serviced elsewhere. As stated before the service is great. The prices are pretty steep though. I think their (Lexus) rationale is if you can afford the car the rest is a cake walk. I've never ever been pressured to have excess work done where we take ours. I'm sure it does happen. Muffler bearings don't come cheap these days! I agree that the level of service done is not always up to par and that different dealers have different work ethics over the same brand or another.