LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

LX570 Almost Beats Everyone in Motor Trend’s Large Luxury SUV Comparison

Old 05-23-15, 04:21 PM
SeaHawg
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Bottom line is though...all of these vehicles probably outsell the LX, save for maybe the Qx80.

Buyers in this segment don't care about repair costs. I had a Range Rover rep at a car show tell us when looking at the new Range Rover "it's a serious car with serious ownership costs, it's not a car for somebody making $100k". He's not wrong, and the vehicle is very popular with people in a very high earning bracket.
As a high earner/business owner who recently purchased a CPO LX, I take vehicle depreciation and repair costs seriously. The RR rep is right about the cost to own one. I, however, find it comical that people don't expect better reliability from a $90k machine. Even if they escape four years of ownership unscathed, the resale is comical...
Old 05-23-15, 04:33 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by SeaHawg
As a high earner/business owner who recently purchased a CPO LX, I take vehicle depreciation and repair costs seriously. The RR rep is right about the cost to own one. I, however, find it comical that people don't expect better reliability from a $90k machine. Even if they escape four years of ownership unscathed, the resale is comical...
Think that's why they lease them but they have to figure the value after 3 years into the payment. My daughter leased the new RR sport, God only knows how crazy that lease payment is??? I don't ask they don't tell I think it is ugly and yes she has no idea about the value of a dollar. I think she is called a "trophy wife". Yes he is rich and she is a 10+. We love her but I have a feeling she fits the profile of the typical RR buyer.
Old 05-23-15, 04:43 PM
SeaHawg
Rookie

Originally Posted by Max707
Think that's why they lease them but they have to figure the value after 3 years into the payment. My daughter leased the new RR sport, God only knows how crazy that lease payment is??? I don't ask they don't tell I think it is ugly and yes she has no idea about the value of a dollar. I think she is called a "trophy wife". Yes he is rich and she is a 10+. We love her but I have a feeling she fits the profile of the typical RR buyer.
Haha! That is RR target demographic- beautiful, rich people (bonus points if you're young).

I never fit that type haha! Grew up solidly middle-class, worked hard and smart, knew the value of money/time- wasted neither, and now am still young enough to not quite be ugly yet. Honestly, I couldn't ever see myself in a RR- especially if Lexus continues to hit it out of the park with their SUV's.

By the way, I like the low sales numbers. You don't see the LC/LX at every stoplight...
Old 05-23-15, 04:47 PM
SeaHawg
Rookie

Also, my 5'4" eight year-younger "trophy girlfriend" loves the lowering feature when the vehicle is turned off 😂
Old 05-23-15, 05:38 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Haha! That is RR target demographic- beautiful, rich people (bonus points if you're young).

I never fit that type haha! Grew up solidly middle-class, worked hard and smart, knew the value of money/time- wasted neither, and now am still young enough to not quite be ugly yet. Honestly, I couldn't ever see myself in a RR- especially if Lexus continues to hit it out of the park with their SUV's.

By the way, I like the low sales numbers. You don't see the LC/LX at every stoplight...
Totally agree!,
Old 05-23-15, 08:17 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,495 Likes on 1,799 Posts

Thats fine that you do, but clearly a significant number of people don't...which is why they sell so well. To a lot of luxury consumers a luxury purchase is just that, a luxury...they don't buy the "smart" thing, they buy what they want. Hey...life is short. If you can afford what you want, get what you want IMHO.

Think that's why they lease them but they have to figure the value after 3 years into the payment. My daughter leased the new RR sport, God only knows how crazy that lease payment is???
The payments are crazy lol. Guy in my office leased a RRS, a fairly basic one, MSRP was about 75k +/-...his lease payment is $1,300 a month. Thats $110k S Class money for people who aren't experienced leasers lol
Old 05-23-15, 08:26 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Thats fine that you do, but clearly a significant number of people don't...which is why they sell so well. To a lot of luxury consumers a luxury purchase is just that, a luxury...they don't buy the "smart" thing, they buy what they want. Hey...life is short. If you can afford what you want, get what you want IMHO.

The payments are crazy lol. Guy in my office leased a RRS, a fairly basic one, MSRP was about 75k +/-...his lease payment is $1,300 a month. Thats $110k S Class money for people who aren't experienced leasers lol
Ok so this one the daughter leased had close to a $120k MSRP plus she leased it last year when the new ones first came out, and they were not cutting any deals. So what her lease is over $2K?
Old 05-23-15, 08:36 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Ok so this one the daughter leased had close to a $120k MSRP plus she leased it last year when the new ones first came out, and they were not cutting any deals. So what her lease is over $2K?
MSRP of $120k, are you sure its a Range Rover Sport and not a Range Rover? That would be a really maxed out RRS.

Payment probably isn't $2k, but its $1700-1800 probably.
Old 05-23-15, 08:47 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

MSRP of $120k, are you sure its a Range Rover Sport and not a Range Rover? That would be a really maxed out RRS.

It had every option. She ignored a low tire light a few months ago and it cost something like $500 to replace it. I know where did I go wrong
Old 05-24-15, 09:23 AM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My little sister just bought a RR Autobiography for $14k1 OTD cash, if she wanted to lease it was $2200 and they were offering 0 incentives on lease. She wasn't going go lease anyways because she drives around 20k miles a year, just shopping lol. RR's are surprisingly in high demand, and when she went in to get in her 5k service the dealers GM approached her in the service waiting area and offered her $145k plus money for the full car clear bra and Passport 9500ci with laser jammers, she had gotten installed. She declined because she had already waited for 5 months for the spec she wanted and she plans to keep it for 5 years. I drive it every now and then, cabin materials are better than our LX's, has more power, and has more features/gadgets than our LX's. Ride is a tad better but there are lot of gap inconsistencies and stitching in a couple places doesn't line up remotely. But until the LC300 platform comes out we can't truly compare with the GenIV L405 RR. Hers has been issue free and still is at 9k miles, she did buy an extended warranty through LRNA so lets if she gets her moneys worth or the warranty will be a waste(probably not) but Id love to see it be a waste.
Old 05-24-15, 06:44 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

They're very nice vehicles. Reliability is better than it used to be too.
Old 05-24-15, 10:52 PM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
The RR or MB most certainly. Navigator and Escalade are much easier to source parts especially since they share much with the Expedition and Tahoe/Yukon respectively.
Sorry, I meant cheaper.
Old 05-26-15, 10:57 AM
evo8
Driver School Candidate

That's why I take little stock in NEW vehicle tests. Test these same vehicles ten years from now (after 120k miles or so) and the order will likely be way different. My guess:

6. Navigator (Poor resale, won't age well)
5. RR (Poor resale, reliability issues)
4. MB (Reliability issues)
3. QX 80 (Won't age well)
2. Escalade (Reliability/gimmicky issues as with most GM makes) It is the best iteration of this vehicle without doubt, though.
1. LX (Good resale and reliability will negate the dated interior/nitpicky issues)

All one has to do now is to take a look at a 2004-2005 model Escalade, RR, MB, QX 56, Navi, and LX 470 to figure this out. There is NO comparison as far as I'm concerned...
As with any model, why compare a three previous generation escalade to the LX570? The 2007-2014 escalade is the best selling SUV for a reason. Reliability, resale and utility. I actually owned a 2009 escalade hybrid and even that was very reliable. Traded it for the 2015 platinum at 195k miles and that vehicle sold in less than a week. I find the review spot ON and was cross shopping all SUV's except the infinity. Even the LX570 was not free from problems as this forum proves even for low and more for high miles.

The lx570 horrible gas mileage and non-direct injection and old technology swayed me to pick the platinum.
Old 05-27-15, 04:16 AM
dochusar
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have owned many different luxury SUV's in my life. I like my comfort, but also which is more important to me, the actual ability ti use them as I need - offroad in winter to get to the hospital as well as towing. The only SUV that was small and did everything was the the first generation 2004 VW Toureag V10 diesel that they made for one year and then abandoned. The Range Rover supercharged or Autobiography is both overpriced and unreliable. The quality control is unreliable and their overall reliability is questionable. The Mercedes GL series really lacks a low range gear. The Navigator is underpowered.

I have a 2013 LX that I love and a 2015 Escalade that is used for business. Both are workhorses that are built well and designed to be abused and used. Which is better?

Well the Escy is newer and has more electronic goodies and the Lexus electronics are dated. For my better half, gizmos impress. For me, the overall abilities impress.
Old 05-27-15, 03:34 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by evo8
As with any model, why compare a three previous generation escalade to the LX570? The 2007-2014 escalade is the best selling SUV for a reason. Reliability, resale and utility. I actually owned a 2009 escalade hybrid and even that was very reliable. Traded it for the 2015 platinum at 195k miles and that vehicle sold in less than a week. I find the review spot ON and was cross shopping all SUV's except the infinity. Even the LX570 was not free from problems as this forum proves even for low and more for high miles.

The lx570 horrible gas mileage and non-direct injection and old technology swayed me to pick the platinum.
You need to do more research on the 200 series. Caddie is not in the same league when it comes to build quality and long term dependablity. Sounds like your driving a unicorn. Like they say even a blind squirrel finds an acorn. I know the LX is more vehicle then anyone needs but when it comes to one vehicle that will last and last and last still looking good because of quality build its the LX, not the Caddie. 100 series go 400k+ miles with only normal maintance and the 200 series will go even further. Go to www.ih8mud.com and do some research. This forum is for Mall cruisers only and most people on here don't use their 100 or 200 series for what they were built for. If your into flash hip hop, trying to style. Then RR, Caddie, MB is where you need to be, nothing wrong with that. enjoy your Caddie they are pretty. I thought my daughters was nice and pretty but when I shut the tailgate and the chrome piece fell off on a 2 year old Caddie, well kind of a cheap build quality.

Last edited by Max707; 05-27-15 at 04:03 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LX570 Almost Beats Everyone in Motor Trend’s Large Luxury SUV Comparison