LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Pictures and info on new 300 series

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-15, 06:04 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by T4Fun
apparently the 20 inch is standard, and there is a optional 21 inch version!

i hope the ride is improved. THe current lx is little spongy around the curves
Lexus' literature warns about shorter tire wear with ghetto-sized rims. As to handling issues, if I were looking for a vehicle that wouldn't be "a llttle spongy around the curves", I'd find something noted for its handling. I would not be looking for a 2.5 ton truck.

I'd imagine the new model will get plenty of ooo's and aaah's at the mall, or Wal-Mart.

Steve
Old 08-16-15, 06:13 PM
REDHORSE
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Love the spongy around the curves. I have my Audi S8 for times when I want a higher level of performance. Going to 20" wheels just may ensure I don't buy another LX. Looking cool cruising on the boulevard isn't what I have my LX for.
Old 08-17-15, 12:06 AM
Lexus63641
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am thinking about that acre-wide grill, are we suppose to hang bacon or something there!!!

I imagine if we install the car plates, that grill might eventually fade out and things are back normal.
Old 08-17-15, 10:26 AM
aristott
Rookie

Drive the full size V8 supercharged Range Rover around corners and it handles like a car. As my GF calls my 2013 LX570, a school bus riding truck. I've owned nothing but GX and LX over the past 13 years (a total of 8) and never would have owned a Range Rover because of quality, I'm very surprised the 2010 Jaguar with 92k miles is still going with very little need to visit the dealership. I pulled the trigger on the 2015 full size RR with 510 hp, this thing is a total monster in a straight line, around corners or offroading.
I do own a Mclaren when I want speed and ship my cars to the German Autobahn as well so I wonder why Lexus has NOT caught on to bring all of their cars to be world class performers? I'm a fan way too long of the Toyota/Lexus brand and they would come out with a model and poke fun of underperforming competition and when the "competition" beats up on them things go quiet.
So unless everyone on here are 80 year old ladies we should ask Lexus to step it up with the 300 series to be true world class contenders for luxury, performance, and image. Pulling up in Monaco with a Lexus is not exotic enough but when I drove up with my GT-R (a Nissan) it was viewed as a supercar (shocking).

Originally Posted by REDHORSE
Love the spongy around the curves. I have my Audi S8 for times when I want a higher level of performance. Going to 20" wheels just may ensure I don't buy another LX. Looking cool cruising on the boulevard isn't what I have my LX for.
Old 08-17-15, 11:28 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by aristott
Drive the full size V8 supercharged Range Rover around corners and it handles like a car. As my GF calls my 2013 LX570, a school bus riding truck. I've owned nothing but GX and LX over the past 13 years (a total of 8) and never would have owned a Range Rover because of quality, I'm very surprised the 2010 Jaguar with 92k miles is still going with very little need to visit the dealership. I pulled the trigger on the 2015 full size RR with 510 hp, this thing is a total monster in a straight line, around corners or offroading.
I do own a Mclaren when I want speed and ship my cars to the German Autobahn as well so I wonder why Lexus has NOT caught on to bring all of their cars to be world class performers? I'm a fan way too long of the Toyota/Lexus brand and they would come out with a model and poke fun of underperforming competition and when the "competition" beats up on them things go quiet.
So unless everyone on here are 80 year old ladies we should ask Lexus to step it up with the 300 series to be true world class contenders for luxury, performance, and image. Pulling up in Monaco with a Lexus is not exotic enough but when I drove up with my GT-R (a Nissan) it was viewed as a supercar (shocking).

If you happen to get the new LX, would value your opinion as you have owned the GX and LXs as well. I agree lexus should have made if they have not to the drive factor and handling of the lx to make it comparable to the RR. I would buy the RR, but afraid of the reliability issue. Hand down though it beats Lexus in every other way.
Old 08-18-15, 01:59 AM
vespesian
Driver School Candidate

20" wheels are/were standard on the 2015 model as well...
Old 08-22-15, 06:32 AM
dave635
Driver School Candidate

As some who loves the boxy utilitarian look on my land cruisers... that front, ug. Just awful.

Way too much non-functioning grill.
Looks too much like a lexus car, and doesn't have a tough appeal.
Looks sort of tacked on, doesn't fit with rest of car.

Bring back the boxy I can go over mountains in luxury look.

Like mercedes and range rover and old Land Cruisers have.

It is a ultra-functional car, the design has to match that.

They've really headed the wrong way with the LC/LX design.
Old 08-23-15, 10:23 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by dave635
As some who loves the boxy utilitarian look on my land cruisers... that front, ug. Just awful.

Way too much non-functioning grill.
Looks too much like a lexus car, and doesn't have a tough appeal.
Looks sort of tacked on, doesn't fit with rest of car.

Bring back the boxy I can go over mountains in luxury look.

Like mercedes and range rover and old Land Cruisers have.

It is a ultra-functional car, the design has to match that.

They've really headed the wrong way with the LC/LX design.
I concur.

I think, usually, the more radical the styling, the faster the styling is outdated. The 100 series to me is a classic design that still looks good.

Steve
Old 08-23-15, 09:36 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

nice video of white lx offroading