LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

LX570 2nd row too tight?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-15, 10:25 PM
AlexL
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LX570 2nd row too tight?

Not sure if you guys are using the 2nd row or not.

I tested the LX570 today (again) and found that the second row is a little bit tight.

Went back home and tried to find the dimension. It is less than 35 inch for the legroom. This is a bit to my surprise ...
Old 03-06-15, 04:52 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

I seldom have any full size adults in my 2nd row. I have sat there and it seems to be more than ample leg room and I am near 6 foot. You do know the seat adjust forward and backward?
Old 03-06-15, 04:59 AM
drich2905
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

we often travel with my son in the passenger front seat and wife in the 2nd row behind me as the driver. I have had to adjust my driver's seat when she's back there after she commented that it is very tight for her knees. She is 5' 2" and 135 lbs, so not a big person.

I haven't sat in the seat myself, but it obviously depends on the driver /front passenger and where they position the 1st row of seats.
Old 03-06-15, 05:30 AM
mikeivan
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, it is too tight for normal size adults. Not sure why they don't allow that rear seat adjustment to go back even further than it does. If you're not carry cargo, why not give more leg room to the back seat passengers?
Old 03-06-15, 05:41 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mikeivan
I agree, it is too tight for normal size adults. Not sure why they don't allow that rear seat adjustment to go back even further than it does. If you're not carry cargo, why not give more leg room to the back seat passengers?
I agree with Lexus allowing the seat to go back farther. You would have to fold the third row down, I wish they would get rid of it all together.
Old 03-06-15, 06:58 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexL
Not sure if you guys are using the 2nd row or not.

I tested the LX570 today (again) and found that the second row is a little bit tight.

Went back home and tried to find the dimension. It is less than 35 inch for the legroom. This is a bit to my surprise ...
Sounds like it does not have enough room for your needs. Checkout some of the new Mini Vans or even a full size Van. Seems to be a lot of new options out there in the full size Van world.
Old 03-06-15, 07:32 AM
AlexL
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for all the quick feedback

I have 6 passengers.

So probably will need a mini van then ...

My original plan was to fit 2 on each row. With 2 adults on first, 1 adult with one 3 month old on 2nd and 1 adult and one 3 yrs old on 3rd.

I can lift the 40 side of the 2nd row up so to give 3rd row adult more legroom

I a a bit surprised to find out that 2nd row is also tight.
Old 03-06-15, 10:56 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexL
thanks for all the quick feedback

I have 6 passengers.

So probably will need a mini van then ...

My original plan was to fit 2 on each row. With 2 adults on first, 1 adult with one 3 month old on 2nd and 1 adult and one 3 yrs old on 3rd.

I can lift the 40 side of the 2nd row up so to give 3rd row adult more legroom

I a a bit surprised to find out that 2nd row is also tight.
in that case i really think you want van. 2 person in 3rd row is not fun

or take a look at the infiniti qx
Old 03-06-15, 12:13 PM
mikeivan
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or a Toyota Sequoia. We test drove one, seemed barn like as far as interior room was concerned.
Old 03-06-15, 12:48 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

I would not even put kids in the third row.

Last edited by ggebhardt; 03-09-15 at 03:18 AM.
Old 03-06-15, 07:53 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeivan
Or a Toyota Sequoia. We test drove one, seemed barn like as far as interior room was concerned.
Look at QX or Sequoia. More Butch then a mini van
Old 03-08-15, 11:28 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I commute in mine so rarely is someone behind me but every time someone is behind me i feel like they don't have enough room. I'm 6'1 so I drive with the seat all the way back and half way down. I sat behind my seat and it felt like it was enough not rommy but ample. No one ever has complained to me sooo idk why your wife is having that problem. But for your space needs might as well consider a Sequoia or GL. We have a GL63 as our long distance travel car and I have my seat set the same way and there is more room behind the drivers seat. Also 3rd row seems to be much comfortable from what Ive heard because to be honest Ive never sat back there in either car. I didn't buy the LX for its practicality or room I bought it because I wanted it but for space your much better off with a crossover or minivan.
Old 03-09-15, 10:04 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by MjThind
I commute in mine so rarely is someone behind me but every time someone is behind me i feel like they don't have enough room. I'm 6'1 so I drive with the seat all the way back and half way down. I sat behind my seat and it felt like it was enough not rommy but ample. No one ever has complained to me sooo idk why your wife is having that problem. But for your space needs might as well consider a Sequoia or GL. We have a GL63 as our long distance travel car and I have my seat set the same way and there is more room behind the drivers seat. Also 3rd row seems to be much comfortable from what Ive heard because to be honest Ive never sat back there in either car. I didn't buy the LX for its practicality or room I bought it because I wanted it but for space your much better off with a crossover or minivan.
yes, the gl has more space for 2nd row and noticeably more space for 3rd row (also fold flat).
Old 03-09-15, 02:22 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
yes, the gl has more space for 2nd row and noticeably more space for 3rd row (also fold flat).
So I'm told, I usually drive or sit in the front passenger seat so for me it hasn't been a problem. Knock on wood the GL63 hasn't had an issue yet, 21k and still nothing. Hopefully she stays like that for another few years. *fingers crossed
Old 03-09-15, 05:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by MjThind
So I'm told, I usually drive or sit in the front passenger seat so for me it hasn't been a problem. Knock on wood the GL63 hasn't had an issue yet, 21k and still nothing. Hopefully she stays like that for another few years. *fingers crossed
i can't comment on the current generation (when they start to have gl63) but the previous generation was quite a nightmare. i have seen tons of them with blown air shocks after warranty ran out. the drive train was strong but the problems here and there. not to mention resale, its value drops so fast

but i did hear that the new gl quality has improved noticeably, just not enough data to tell

Quick Reply: LX570 2nd row too tight?