LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Just had my LX blacked out

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-14, 04:42 PM
dnh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just had my LX blacked out

I have a 2009 LX570. It was very scratched, had a lot of chips, some dings, slightly damaged rear bumper and was starting to look beat down. I was going to get those fixed and instead decided to have the truck repainted after I talked the shop into a good deal.

My truck has about 94,000 miles and I decided to do something different. I had already removed a lot of the chrome (door handles, window trim) a while back and replaced it with the black trim from the LC200. I had also bought OEM new rims (the style that came out with the 2013 model) and OEM taillights (same).

I went ahead and blacked out the grill, emblems, and rims. I know this look isn't for everyone, but I like it so far. Looks somewhat like the Supercharged version although that wasn't what I was trying to copy or anything. Mine doesn't have any chrome at all.

Hope you like.
Attached Thumbnails Just had my LX blacked out-1.jpg   Just had my LX blacked out-3.jpg   Just had my LX blacked out-2.jpg   Just had my LX blacked out-4.jpg   Just had my LX blacked out-5.jpg  

Old 12-12-14, 06:57 PM
slowdiver
Lead Lap

Look sick! Nice work....just say No to chrome.
Old 12-13-14, 06:38 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That looks sick!!!
Old 12-14-14, 12:23 PM
twinturbov
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thumbs up DNH!

That truck looks so awesome. Not murdered out. Tastefully blacked out. Nice!

Any chance you might take a dead on front shot? I would like to go with a black grill on my wife's black '09. But I need a pic to show her what that would look like. Google only pic's up Black Bisons and the like.

Thanks and congrat's on your sick LX!
Old 12-14-14, 01:13 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Nice what did that cost you?
Old 12-15-14, 04:33 AM
dnh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by twinturbov
Thumbs up DNH!

That truck looks so awesome. Not murdered out. Tastefully blacked out. Nice!

Any chance you might take a dead on front shot? I would like to go with a black grill on my wife's black '09. But I need a pic to show her what that would look like. Google only pic's up Black Bisons and the like.

Thanks and congrat's on your sick LX!
Thank you. I already had that front on shot from the shop the day before I picked it up.

The second shot I snapped Saturday morning at a marina. Truck def looks so different. No more old man / soccer mom vibe for sure.
Attached Thumbnails Just had my LX blacked out-img_2858.jpg   Just had my LX blacked out-img_2908.jpg  
Old 12-15-14, 04:36 AM
dnh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Max707
Nice what did that cost you?
For all the dent removal, new bumper parts, new grill (OEM, then painted), new parts around drivers and passenger window, new sensor for back bumper, and a total repaint, $3500.00 to look brand new.

A guy here in SC does the rims for $100.00 each.

I am not including the conversion from LX trim to LC200 window trim and door handles or the OEM newer rims I got 2 and a half years ago. I don't remember right now how much that was, but not much.
Old 12-16-14, 03:20 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

THAT is one HECK of a great transformation!
Old 12-17-14, 10:51 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by dnh
For all the dent removal, new bumper parts, new grill (OEM, then painted), new parts around drivers and passenger window, new sensor for back bumper, and a total repaint, $3500.00 to look brand new.

A guy here in SC does the rims for $100.00 each.

I am not including the conversion from LX trim to LC200 window trim and door handles or the OEM newer rims I got 2 and a half years ago. I don't remember right now how much that was, but not much.
WOW, great deal looks real custom.
Old 01-09-15, 05:41 PM
grsams
Driver

Where did you get the OEM tails from. I like those and believe they would be a great first addition along with all weather mats.
Old 01-09-15, 06:05 PM
ShahG
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Oh.My.God.

I can't tell you how beautiful this looks. Amazing work! I love it!!!!! It looks amazing!!!!!!!

Wow. Just Wow.
Old 01-12-15, 03:32 AM
dnh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by grsams
Where did you get the OEM tails from. I like those and believe they would be a great first addition along with all weather mats.
From Sewell Lexus online
Old 01-12-15, 03:33 AM
dnh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ShahG
Oh.My.God.

I can't tell you how beautiful this looks. Amazing work! I love it!!!!! It looks amazing!!!!!!!

Wow. Just Wow.
Thank you very much.
Old 01-14-15, 06:15 PM
Passat774
Pit Crew

It looks great!

Send the head lights over to some like the retrofit source and have the insides painted black.

Truck looks awesome
Old 02-15-16, 06:00 PM
twinturbov
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well dnh, I blacked out the grille on my wife's LX while she was out of town last week. I had purchased an aftermarket grille back when I saw your pics but only recently had the chance to paint it properly. If she loved it, as expected, I would do the fog rings too. The rest is just too big a project for me.

Anyhow, I learned a very painful lesson. Don't make changes to wife's truck without asking first. SHe immediately said change it back when she saw it. I think she actually likes it but is standing on principle.

So I went to the Lexus dealer today to grab a new L symbol since I used the factory one on the new grille. The boys at the dealer frikkin' loved the look! I almost cried telling them it was going away.

Anyhow, sharing the slightly snow on the lens didtorted pic

Quick Reply: Just had my LX blacked out