LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Running Board Lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-14, 05:26 AM
spender
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running Board Lights

When are these supposed to come on? Mine don't seem to light at all. I've changed the bulb on one side but still nothing - so I'm thinking it's either a switch somewhere or a blown fuse. As for the fuse idea, I looked in the owner's manual and could not find a fuse that was either partially or specifically allocated for these - but they have to be on a fused circuit, just have to find which one.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 12-11-14, 06:49 AM
spender
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, checked fuses 40 and 54 in the engine compartment, but no dice. Any other suggetions?

My other car is a 997.2 Porsche C4S, and that board over at Rennlist is much more active!
Old 11-27-15, 05:29 PM
twinturbov
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Spender,

Did you get this resolved. I'm having a similar issue. Driver side lights but passenger doesn't. I've tried new lights on the passenger side but they don't work.

Strangely, the passenger side seemed to go after I had to disconnect and reconnect the battery.

Any info anyone has would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Old 12-01-15, 11:53 AM
umarali
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

If i remember correctly, when i was replacing the door courtesy bulbs with LED i shorted and blew fuse which resulted in courtesy light and door pedal courtsy lights to go dark. It was fuse by the driver panel inside cabin check those i dont remember correctly which was it exactly i will have to look.
Old 03-12-16, 04:15 AM
RushNatU
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I am also having an issue with the running board lights. I had just purchased the GX two weeks ago and I know that all four running board lights were functioning. I just installed HIDS yesterday and had to remove the battery. HIDS work great but now I don't have running board lights on the passenger side only. Driver side work fine. What could it be? Cant be a fuse because all other lights interior and exterior work fine. I will check for a loose connection underneath the running board but it sounds like something related to disconnecting the battery...
Old 03-12-16, 09:38 AM
umarali
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RushNatU
I am also having an issue with the running board lights. I had just purchased the GX two weeks ago and I know that all four running board lights were functioning. I just installed HIDS yesterday and had to remove the battery. HIDS work great but now I don't have running board lights on the passenger side only. Driver side work fine. What could it be? Cant be a fuse because all other lights interior and exterior work fine. I will check for a loose connection underneath the running board but it sounds like something related to disconnecting the battery...
I dont think it has to do anything with disconnecting battery, if you replaced bulbs for hids there is good chance either you shorted circut while pulling it out or led is installed in reverse polarity. To start you can check fuses in the kick panel on driver and passenger sides if not then check for loose connection. If that doesnt fix either then take thise led out and put it somewhere you know for sure circuit is working and keep in mind led has to be installed in correct polarity positive and negative side unlike bulb which can be installed either way. Follow these steps and im sure you will figure it out, its easy to troubleshoot
Old 03-12-16, 02:51 PM
twinturbov
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just had this fixed under CPO of passenger side on wife's 2009.

It was a wiring harness. It had corroded. The harness that you reach if you follow the long tube of wires forward from where the bulb resides.
The following 2 users liked this post by twinturbov:
vlad353 (11-20-21), XscpdTexan (06-23-21)
Old 06-20-21, 11:30 AM
SEMPERBB73
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Potential fix

Originally Posted by spender
When are these supposed to come on? Mine don't seem to light at all. I've changed the bulb on one side but still nothing - so I'm thinking it's either a switch somewhere or a blown fuse. As for the fuse idea, I looked in the owner's manual and could not find a fuse that was either partially or specifically allocated for these - but they have to be on a fused circuit, just have to find which one.

Anyone have any suggestions?
I found the fuse that you probably blew. I’ve attached where it sits in the fuse box under the hood. It was originally a 5A fuse. I replaced it with another 5A fuse and as soon as I plugged in the LED into the back door, it blew it again. Went up to a 7.5A and didn’t blow it. Fingers crossed that this fixes anyone’s issue who might be upgrading from the halogens. Seems to be working for me.

The following users liked this post:
XscpdTexan (06-23-21)
Old 06-20-21, 07:12 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Spender hasn't been on here since November, 2018.
Old 11-20-21, 06:39 PM
vlad353
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by twinturbov
Just had this fixed under CPO of passenger side on wife's 2009.

It was a wiring harness. It had corroded. The harness that you reach if you follow the long tube of wires forward from where the bulb resides.
I have the same harness problem. Do you guys know what is the part description for that harness and where can I buy it? Thanks a lot!