LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Is there a trick to get the front camera to work?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-14, 06:41 AM
jafo9
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a trick to get the front camera to work?

Hi all, just bought an '11 LX570 for my wife. We are slowly figuring out all the the electronics, however, I can't seem to get the front camera to work. When I push the camera button on the panel to the right of the steering wheel, the camera on the passenger mirror activates. When I cycle the button per the manual, I only get a blank screen when I'm supposed to see the panoramic view in front of the car. Is there something special I need to do to activate the camera? Hidden fuse? Thanks.
Old 02-12-14, 08:14 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on your purchase and welcome!

Back to your question. There shouldnt be any reason why its not working if you can see the passenger side view. Your ride is a 2011 so if its still covered under warranty, take you baby in for a check up. Good luck and let us know the outcome.
Old 08-08-17, 11:08 PM
AndyFiddle
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am just looking to buy and LX570 from 2008 and he front camera did not come on automatically as I thought it would. How does it activate?
(definitely out of warranty )
Old 08-09-17, 04:33 AM
hzhao
Racer

Received 978 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by jafo9
Hi all, just bought an '11 LX570 for my wife. We are slowly figuring out all the the electronics, however, I can't seem to get the front camera to work. When I push the camera button on the panel to the right of the steering wheel, the camera on the passenger mirror activates. When I cycle the button per the manual, I only get a blank screen when I'm supposed to see the panoramic view in front of the car. Is there something special I need to do to activate the camera? Hidden fuse? Thanks.
To determine if the front camera is working properly, do the simple test: driving the car in parking lot speed (i believe is below 8 mph if memory serves me correct) in forward motion, when it approached any object, your front camera should activated automatically alone with the front parking sensors; or when you driving forward in parking lot speed with nav displayed (or any screen other than camera), press the camera button, it should activate front camera view.
The following users liked this post:
AndyFiddle (08-14-17)
Old 08-10-17, 08:56 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

My 2013 LX570 front camera and passenger side camera come on automatically when I stop and goes away as I speed up to around 8 to 9 mph. Just make sure the cams/LCD screen is switched on.

Originally Posted by hzhao
To determine if the front camera is working properly, do the simple test: driving the car in parking lot speed (i believe is below 8 mph if memory serves me correct) in forward motion, when it approached any object, your front camera should activated automatically alone with the front parking sensors; or when you driving forward in parking lot speed with nav displayed (or any screen other than camera), press the camera button, it should activate front camera view.
The following users liked this post:
AndyFiddle (08-14-17)
Old 08-12-17, 08:38 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Mine turns on when I turn it on with the button???
Old 08-14-17, 08:37 AM
REDHORSE
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Max707
Mine turns on when I turn it on with the button???
Yep. It is one of the controls. it has been so long since I set mine to come on at parking speed that I don't remember how I did it, but it is a selectable feature.
The following 2 users liked this post by REDHORSE:
AndyFiddle (08-14-17), Max707 (08-15-17)
Old 08-14-17, 09:09 PM
AndyFiddle
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks all. Camera works!! So i bought the car Pick it up tomorrow
Thanks ClubLexus forum
Old 08-15-17, 12:26 PM
Dudley33
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Be sure to click "auto" on the screen when the front camera is up

When the front camera screen is up on the display, after pushing the camera button, be sure to also click the "auto" button on the screen for it to appear automatically at low speed. If you mistakenly click auto on this screen again, when it auto is activated, this will disable if from appearing, so that you have to push the camera button at low speed for the screen to come up.

I have found that there are pros and cons to having auto activated for the front camera screen. If disrupts reading texts and bluetooth connections, and telephone calls, when the screen appears. Lexus still has to work on integrating things with this screen. Almost two years and no software upgrade to fix this as far as I know.

Off-topic Can't wait for Apple CarPlay. If Lexus doesn't have it on upcoming cars, I will be buying another brand after 20 years and 6 different Lexus cars. I've seen it on other cars, and the seamless integration with Apple apps is a huge selling point.