Originally Posted by lamar411
Wow, two good looking cars.
Thanks bro! they both are good cars
Old 12-28-13, 11:24 AM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SexyLexus
Awesome pics! So any mods done to your LX?
Not any yet. I want to change all the interior lamps and fog lamps to led
Old 02-11-14, 11:46 AM
korlexus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MjThind
Sup CL Gang!
Just picked up a brand new LX570! Got a good deal too, $6,000 off a MSRP of $91,000. I ended up paying $95,968 OTD all fees included. Payed full cash upfront since I didn't want to deal with payments. I finally can divide my commute miles between 2 cars and the RX wont feel alone at night. I only have one pic for now I'll post more next weekend.
-MjThind
http://i40.tinypic.com/2myuiy0.jpg
lol compare to LX, RX looks so small
Old 03-08-14, 08:11 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

awesome suv!

hows the drive and handling? what mpg are you getting. wondering if i should get an LX
Old 03-09-14, 09:24 AM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by T4Fun
awesome suv!

hows the drive and handling? what mpg are you getting. wondering if i should get an LX
Thanks man! It drives great and power is great. On long trips I average around 16-18.3 and normal day to day just commuting 60% City 40% Highway I get 13.5 - 15.2.

I did go to the dealer for one purpose and one purpose only that was to go buy the LX and after I signed the deal, I was looking at 1-1.5 waiting for them to prep my car, so in that time I asked if I could test drive the 2 GX's one with the optional air suspension and the other one with coils. Now I don't know if you have the air or coils on your GX but the LX ride way better than both. Now compared to the air ride GX the LX ride quality is noticeably better, body roll increases slightly but you really have to think about it to notice. That ride characteristics I just told you are from the normal position in the ride control switch. In comfort body roll increases and it rides a bit more loftier almost replicating the ride of a classic Cadillac.(compared to normal) In sport in the ride gets stiffer, not spine shattering stiff but is noticeable and body roll decreases too.(compared to normal) Now compared to the GX with the coils is miles better but body roll does noticeably increase though. When in comes to power it definitely feels more powerful than the GX. I wish the HP figures were in the low to mid 400's but don't get me wrong it still is no slouch. Fit and finish and material quality is outstanding and as expected better than the GX. I do wish there was a leather wrapped dash and leather wrapped door panels but the plastics are soft and do feel quality. MPG is not as good as GX. During break-in period I noticed I was getting mid 12's to mid 13's but after you'll get better figures, also Cali gas does have a lot to do with my MPG is not as good as it should be, so you will see better numbers than me. And thats all i can think of right now, if you have more specific questions don't hesitate to ask I'm sure I'll be able to answer them.

Last edited by MjThind; 03-09-14 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-10-14, 08:42 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Mj
thanks for response. I have the air suspension and it rides pretty well, but i havent driven the LX yet.
How is the suspension controlled and AHC? Is it hydralics or air?
I always wanted an LX, my head always turns to see one. I dont think its that much bigger than an LX. The qx and escalade and sequoias are just gigantic. This is ok size. I just dont like the narrowness of the GX
Old 03-12-14, 07:32 PM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Mj
thanks for response. I have the air suspension and it rides pretty well, but i havent driven the LX yet.
How is the suspension controlled and AHC? Is it hydralics or air?
I always wanted an LX, my head always turns to see one. I dont think its that much bigger than an LX. The qx and escalade and sequoias are just gigantic. This is ok size. I just dont like the narrowness of the GX
Its full air I believe and I do not know what AHC stands for but if you can tell me I might be able to answer your question.
Old 03-12-14, 09:25 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Its full air I believe and I do not know what AHC stands for but if you can tell me I might be able to answer your question.
AHC = active height control.
Old 03-13-14, 01:53 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

It's hydraulic.
Old 05-26-14, 09:04 AM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by caha14
It's hydraulic.
Is it really??? I was under the impression that it was air, because I had a pretty extensive convo with salesman about if it was air or hydraulic, I had the doubt since when raising the ride hight adjusts so quickly it was hydraulic but he said was 101% positive it was air operated so I took his word, shows how much knew about the car, lol.
Old 06-01-14, 11:54 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Is it really??? I was under the impression that it was air, because I had a pretty extensive convo with salesman about if it was air or hydraulic, I had the doubt since when raising the ride hight adjusts so quickly it was hydraulic but he said was 101% positive it was air operated so I took his word, shows how much knew about the car, lol.
Yes, I had also originally thought it was air until I saw coil springs in the rear and spoke with the shop foreman. At that point, all doubt was removed .
Old 06-02-14, 09:46 AM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by caha14
Yes, I had also originally thought it was air until I saw coil springs in the rear and spoke with the shop foreman. At that point, all doubt was removed .
I just put it in high and saw them too, the hissing sound it makes when it lowers after you turn it off certainly doesn't help the doubt it's hydraulic sounds like when air bags are depleting, lol.
Old 06-14-14, 07:03 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

I just put it in high and saw them too, the hissing sound it makes when it lowers after you turn it off certainly doesn't help the doubt it's hydraulic sounds like when air bags are depleting, lol.
Join IH8MUD.com go to the 200 series and start the learning process
Old 06-23-14, 01:04 AM
T4Fun
Racer

so whats verdict on AHC. is it air or hydraulic?
Old 06-23-14, 09:08 AM
MjThind
Lead Lap

so whats verdict on AHC. is it air or hydraulic?
It's hydraulic, the GX460 comes with optional KDDS which has airs bags in the back I believe, Land Cruiser comes with KDDS standard and has optional AHC in US. The LX only has AHC...

Last edited by MjThind; 06-23-14 at 09:11 AM.

Quick Reply: Just Picked Up A '13 LX570!!!