LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Question from New Owner

Old 06-09-13, 05:34 AM
powersb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question from New Owner

I purchased a 2013 LX about 10 days ago in Starfire over black. I have a question about noises I am hearing from the vehicle after I shut it down in my garage. Moments after shutdown, when I am out of the vehicle, I hear hissing(air being released?) from what seems to be the rear of the vehicle. After the air has escaped, I hear a rather high pitched groan/moan from the same area. I assume the noises are related to the air suspension but I just wanted to check with the experts on this forum to see if the sounds are normal. Thanks in advance for your help. This forum is great for new owners.
Old 06-09-13, 06:56 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Not to worry...

Originally Posted by powersb
I purchased a 2013 LX about 10 days ago in Starfire over black. I have a question about noises I am hearing from the vehicle after I shut it down in my garage. Moments after shutdown, when I am out of the vehicle, I hear hissing(air being released?) from what seems to be the rear of the vehicle. After the air has escaped, I hear a rather high pitched groan/moan from the same area. I assume the noises are related to the air suspension but I just wanted to check with the experts on this forum to see if the sounds are normal. Thanks in advance for your help. This forum is great for new owners.
Congratulations on your LX! My garage sounds a lot like yours...

Some of those sounds (the ones you hear immediately) are from the suspension (which is hydraulic in the LX, not air as I originally thought as well), and others are part of the EVAP system. It is all normal. Enjoy your LX and post some pictures!
Old 06-09-13, 09:19 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 496 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by powersb
Again welcome and be assured that my 2013 LX makes the same sounds. I do make a habit of lowering the body with the toggle on the console as I enter my garage and find that it makes less noise after shutting the engine off. Be aware that it takes a few seconds for the suspension to go from riding height to the low position. If you open your door too quickly after stopping the engine it will interrupt and STOP the lowering sequence.

Enjoy your new LX. I am on my 3rd LX and I could not be more happy.

Last edited by ggebhardt; 06-09-13 at 09:24 AM.
Old 06-09-13, 10:39 AM
powersb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to both of you for the response. I knew I could get some reassurance from members of this forum. The LX is a great truck and I am enjoying it very much. Thanks to all forum members for their expertise and insight.
Old 06-12-13, 06:54 PM
ccj4
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I tried to resist, but just couldn't. This sound is described in my LX owner's manual. Albeit I think it describes it as a slight sound. Yes, it may be a female character flaw, but I read the entire owner's manual before touching buttons, screens, etc. It also tells you where not to stick your fingers. These are great vehicles. I know you'll enjoy yours. I wouldn't trade "Big Daddy" for anything other than another LX. The owner's manual doesn't say to name the vehicle, but I think such a fine vehicle deserves a name.