LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

I wish the LX570 came in a stretched version

Old 01-08-14, 06:57 AM
bam
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default I wish the LX570 came in a stretched version

So the LX and Landcruiser have shared platforms over the year but I've always wondered why Toyota/Lexus never released a stretched version of the trucks like an Escalade ESV or Yukon XL, etc? I know the trucks currently seat 8 people but the 3rd row is a little tight except for little kids. Also, if you have the 3rd row up, then the trunk space is all but gone. For example, with the Escalade ESV, with the extended version, the seats in the 3rd row are laid out just a little better than the 3rd row in the shorter truck version so it's a little more comfortable. And the trunk space in the stretched version is way more than the normal version.

Of course, the Escalade is not sold in other countries where it's seriously taken off road. I know that it's mainly a US vehicle that roams the crazy parking lots of many upscale malls whereas the Landcruiser/LX570 is primarily the same in the US but it's also sold in many foreign countries where it really is used off-road and having a stretched version is not really the best for off-road maneuvering. Even so, I think Toyota/Lexus would sell more of these vehicles if they did develop a stretched version. Maybe call it a Landcruiser XL or LX570 XL. ...Original, I know.

Actually if Toyota made a stretched version, I'd say calling it a Land Bruiser would be more appropriate. I certainly would love an 8 seater LX570 with the larger trunk area and possible better sitting space with the stretched version. Couple this with the Lexus quality and reliability and I think Lexus would give the Escalade ESV some decent competition.
Old 01-28-14, 02:34 AM
olawunmi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree, this is a brilliant idea.

I use my LX in Nigeria, where the roads can be pretty challenging, and we have been known to drive on the beach on a few occasions for recreational purposes, or to avoid the odd traffic jam. I also work in construction, and i definitely need a proper off-road SUV. i have often wondered why toyota have never made a longer LC/LX to compete with the escalade and its rivals. it would be slightly compromised off-road, but serious off-roaders would still have the option of the standard car, while large families would appreciate the additional passenger and cargo space.

i imagine that they would now build one with the next generation of LC/LX, now that Land Rover have built a stretched Range Rover and proved that there is a market for it.
Old 01-31-14, 07:32 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

They already make it, its called Sequoia Platinum version .
I know its not the same etc etc..but these are fully loaded not that bad either.

Originally Posted by bam
So the LX and Landcruiser have shared platforms over the year but I've always wondered why Toyota/Lexus never released a stretched version of the trucks like an Escalade ESV or Yukon XL, etc? I know the trucks currently seat 8 people but the 3rd row is a little tight except for little kids. Also, if you have the 3rd row up, then the trunk space is all but gone. For example, with the Escalade ESV, with the extended version, the seats in the 3rd row are laid out just a little better than the 3rd row in the shorter truck version so it's a little more comfortable. And the trunk space in the stretched version is way more than the normal version.

Of course, the Escalade is not sold in other countries where it's seriously taken off road. I know that it's mainly a US vehicle that roams the crazy parking lots of many upscale malls whereas the Landcruiser/LX570 is primarily the same in the US but it's also sold in many foreign countries where it really is used off-road and having a stretched version is not really the best for off-road maneuvering. Even so, I think Toyota/Lexus would sell more of these vehicles if they did develop a stretched version. Maybe call it a Landcruiser XL or LX570 XL. ...Original, I know.

Actually if Toyota made a stretched version, I'd say calling it a Land Bruiser would be more appropriate. I certainly would love an 8 seater LX570 with the larger trunk area and possible better sitting space with the stretched version. Couple this with the Lexus quality and reliability and I think Lexus would give the Escalade ESV some decent competition.