pricing for 2011 LX570s

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-15, 09:57 PM
scb71
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pricing for 2011 LX570s

Looking at a couple LX570's.
Prices are awful in Houston (most are listed well above what I see elsewhere) but are better in Dallas and also further away.

Am looking presently at two cars that are fully stacked with every option. Same cars with the following differences:

Silver - 52k miles; CPO at Lexus dealer about 7 hour drive away (ugh).
Black - 37k miles. Still 8 months of factory warranty left. about a 4 hour drive away. Not CPO and not at a Lexus dealer.

What are your thoughts and ideas on what would be good pricing and also the relative value here?
thanks
Old 05-29-15, 04:10 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 496 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by scb71
Prices are awful in Houston (most are listed well above what I see elsewhere) but are better in Dallas and also further away.

Am looking presently at two cars that are fully stacked with every option. Same cars with the following differences:

Black - 37k miles. Still 8 months of factory warranty left. about a 4 hour drive away. Not CPO and not at a Lexus dealer.

What are your thoughts and ideas on what would be good pricing and also the relative value here?
thanks
eBay will also give you an idea about costs for that model. I would never buy without having a dealer check it out or/and have detailed service records from the Lexus dealer.
Old 05-29-15, 08:41 AM
grsams
Driver

The dealer option seems the better route, just my .02

Plus, I'm not a fan of the up keep on a black vehicle. I would honestly make the extra drive to avoid such.
Old 05-29-15, 09:53 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

thanks
Just a reference point. I paid $52k for my 2011 late build with 29k miles on it. Bought it 6 months ago, here in Austin at a Totota dealer. MSRP was around $90k, has everything but Radar cruise. Perfect body, interior, and was owned and serviced by the book at selling dealer in Dallas (Sewell). I got all the service info from Lexus. It had 12 months of bumper to bumper Lexus warranty remaining and 3 years of drivetrain warranty. The Lady that leased it in Dallas even had it detailed inside and out at every service interval. I know I got a crazy super deal, same color LX was forsale at a Lexus dealer in Houston with about the same miles and they were asking $64k. I would get the Vin and check the service records on the black one, check the Carfax, and if it checks out I would make that 4 hour drive. Hope this info helps, love texas rust free vehicles!!
Old 05-29-15, 01:35 PM
Jacket
Intermediate

Received 135 Likes on 84 Posts

Given the recent weather events in Texas, it would be wise to look for signs of flood/water damage as part of the buying process. There were plenty of "flood cars" are the market after the hurricane in NYC a few years ago, and after Katrina around New Orleans.

The CPO warranty is nice insurance, but only if you have a dealer near where you live. I assume the CPO model is higher in price (despite the mileage)? Like others have said, I'd want to see all the service records, and then look at each one and see how well they've been cared for inside and out. Pick the best one after that.
Old 05-29-15, 05:32 PM
scb71
Rookie

Default Update

Found another one actually in Houston.
White, 52k miles- no warranty

All three are very similar in price actually. Within hundreds at the end of the day most likely.

The silver one is CPO, two previous owners but with service history at the dealer selling it. It's 7 hours away though...

The black one has some factory warranty but there is no service history on cargax or via Lexus. It was a New York car but is now in Dallas. 4 hour drive

The white one has no warranty but I did call the dealer that originally serviced the car. One owner. They did service it there and pretty much did them all. The guy I spoke with actually knew the owners and shared they'd been buying Lexus there since the 90's.

If it wasn't such a hassle I'd probably do the CPO but am wondering about the white one actually. Perhaps I'm just being lazy but do I really need a warranty anyhow? Most people apparently don't even use it but I'll likely be the one with a blown out ecu or ac compressor this summer...

Btw- I wish I could buy a clean 29k mile car for $52,000!
Old 05-29-15, 10:12 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Found another one actually in Houston.
White, 52k miles- no warranty

All three are very similar in price actually. Within hundreds at the end of the day most likely.

The silver one is CPO, two previous owners but with service history at the dealer selling it. It's 7 hours away though...

The black one has some factory warranty but there is no service history on cargax or via Lexus. It was a New York car but is now in Dallas. 4 hour drive

The white one has no warranty but I did call the dealer that originally serviced the car. One owner. They did service it there and pretty much did them all. The guy I spoke with actually knew the owners and shared they'd been buying Lexus there since the 90's.

If it wasn't such a hassle I'd probably do the CPO but am wondering about the white one actually. Perhaps I'm just being lazy but do I really need a warranty anyhow? Most people apparently don't even use it but I'll likely be the one with a blown out ecu or ac compressor this summer...

Btw- I wish I could buy a clean 29k mile car for $52,000!
Go by the dealer and have them print out the service records. Take the white one to the dealer and have them check it out and tell you what's wrong if anything. Don't need a warranty but should still have some drivetrain warranty
Old 05-31-15, 07:40 AM
tkbalt
Driver

If you like the white and the local dealer can validate the services were completed and identify any current service needs and/or body damage - seems the white one could be a candidate. I bought a mint 09 with 47K miles and drove it for 3 years without ever needing to rely on the CPO warranty.

Good luck with your search
Old 05-31-15, 12:03 PM
SeaHawg
Rookie

If you are looking at an '11 and go the CPO route, you're better off IMHO, buying one around the 60k mile mark as long as the monster 60k service has been completed.

I casually looked for around a year or so and finally found one that had brand new tires/brakes/battery and the 60k service freshly completed which was fluids/plugs/inspections etc.

Also, they can be had for mid-high $40's and basically be new mechanically except for the odometer.

Please remember, though, when purchasing a used LX, ALWAYS buy based on condition- not price. By the time you get a few items serviced/replaced ona "great deal," the deal isn't so great...
Old 06-02-15, 08:29 PM
scb71
Rookie

Default Update

Appreciate all the feedback.
For now I narrowed it down to two candidates.

Silver CPO but a long 7 hour drive away
White no warranty local.

Both have almost the same mileage at 52k miles. They both have records indicating regular services at dealers.
Both have every possible option with one exception. The white one has the radar cruise and pre-collision option.

For pretty much the same net money which would you take? The CPO warranty or the radar cruise in a slightly preferred color. I think both are solid colors but would give white the edge.

I know it's a toss up but appreciate hearing from others who have owned this particular model.
Thanks
Old 06-03-15, 08:37 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

The CPO warranty gives you 3 years and or another 48k miles of bumper to bumper warranty, it's worth about $3k. I would care more about any rust corrosion and that it was serviced at a Lexus dealership per the recommended service by Lexus. I assume both have a clean Carfax? I would tell the local seller your concern with the Warranty difference and if they want your business they will come down on their price to compensate for no warranty.

After looking at them on autotrader I would go with the one in Houston, after having your local Lexus dealer check it out top to bottom. You should still have warranty 6 year 70k miles on your drivetrain on these 2011's.

The reason I stress no rust or corrosion is that is about the only thing that will effect these beasts. You should be good for 500k+ miles if you just do the Lexus recommended services. Never lived in Houston but would not think rust should be an issue unless they drove it into the ocean

Last edited by Max707; 06-03-15 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06-07-15, 08:38 AM
scb71
Rookie

Just wanted to close the loop.

I ended up making the long drive and purchasing the CPO. I liked the white one and it is probably a good car but I had the dealer check it out and there was about $1300 worth of maintenance/repair needed. Simple stuff mainly but it impacted the decision and also made me wonder somewhat if deferred maintenance may have been a sign of something bigger. Not sure I made the right decision but it's done now and I have 3 years of CPO warranty on mine - assuming the CPO actually covers stuff that is a nice to have.

Just FYI - the stuff the dealer noted on the other car was:
New battery - apparently it tested weak;
Alignment - tires were wearing uneven and the ride wasn't right
Balance - along the lines of above;
Rear differential - looked dirty and needed a flush/replacement. I think this is just a maintenance item that comes every so often but apparently it had not been done recently;
All four brakes needed pads and rotor resurfacing.

I may have missed something but long story short. I made the trek and the one I have was fully inspected obviously and they did the next 30k surface which would be 60k even though the car only has 52k miles on it so that's good I suppose.

Hope this will be a good car for a long time to come. Looking forward to getting involved in the forums again now that I am back from the Mercedes forum (for this car but still have an S class).

Have a few unrelated questions on the new car that I will post separately to not confuse the questions. Appreciate the group help in advance.
Old 06-07-15, 09:14 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Just wanted to close the loop.

I ended up making the long drive and purchasing the CPO. I liked the white one and it is probably a good car but I had the dealer check it out and there was about $1300 worth of maintenance/repair needed. Simple stuff mainly but it impacted the decision and also made me wonder somewhat if deferred maintenance may have been a sign of something bigger. Not sure I made the right decision but it's done now and I have 3 years of CPO warranty on mine - assuming the CPO actually covers stuff that is a nice to have.

Just FYI - the stuff the dealer noted on the other car was:
New battery - apparently it tested weak;
Alignment - tires were wearing uneven and the ride wasn't right
Balance - along the lines of above;
Rear differential - looked dirty and needed a flush/replacement. I think this is just a maintenance item that comes every so often but apparently it had not been done recently;
All four brakes needed pads and rotor resurfacing.

I may have missed something but long story short. I made the trek and the one I have was fully inspected obviously and they did the next 30k surface which would be 60k even though the car only has 52k miles on it so that's good I suppose.

Hope this will be a good car for a long time to come. Looking forward to getting involved in the forums again now that I am back from the Mercedes forum (for this car but still have an S class).

Have a few unrelated questions on the new car that I will post separately to not confuse the questions. Appreciate the group help in advance.
Sounds like your in a good rig. Should be good for another 500K+ miles with normal maintance.
Old 06-07-15, 12:12 PM
SeaHawg
Rookie

Awesome! Getting that 60k service worked in is worth $1,000 or so. It sounds like you picked the best one based on condition- which is wise.

IMHO, it would be wise to get all-weather mats if yours doesn't have them already.

As far as deferring the maintenance on the other one, It's not a huge deal- The pvs owner probably didn't want to be out $1,300 after smelling that new car smell... As long as the price is withina couple grand, the CPO is the way to go.
Old 06-07-15, 12:48 PM
tkbalt
Driver

Sounds like a solid choice - lets see some pictures when you get it home.

Quick Reply: pricing for 2011 LX570s