LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

2010 DVD and remote question

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-14, 10:31 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 336 Likes on 229 Posts
Default 2010 DVD and remote question

I tried searching the forum but couldn't find my answer to this question, so posting here for some help please.

Just got a 2010 CPO LX and took it on our first long road trip (about 1,600 miles). I love everything about it, except that I have to use the remote to start a DVD. My kids aren't old enough to operate the remote yet, so I have to load the DVD, wait until I hear the DVD start playing, then push the center button of the remote while aimed at the TV (from the front seat) and hope it activates the screen. I have to do this for every DVD- so after successfully watching one full movie and then switching to another DVD that is already loaded in the 6 disc player, I have to do the same thing again.

Note: this is the single screen DVD player, not dual headrest DVD's.

Please tell me there is a work-around for this...? Is there a way to just have it automatically start playing the DVD without needing to use the remote to activate the proper source??

Thanks,
Old 08-11-14, 07:47 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts

I don't have a LX but in my old '08 GX, it had the single flip down screen and I didn't have to use the remote to turn on a movie or when changing movies. In my 2012 GX with the dual headrest screens I have the exact same problem you have and like you my kids aren't old enough to operate the remote effectively. I was told by my dealer and in the GX forum that the remote has to be used as you noted. If the LX is the same as my newer GX there is no other way. It is by far the dumbest most annoying thing about my truck.