LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Is there a solution for flashing AFS on '08-'11 with 2013 headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-13, 10:07 PM
Powerful
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a solution for flashing AFS on '08-'11 with 2013 headlights?

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum.

I am glad to join the club as a 2010 LX570 owner.

I have recently installed the 2013 headlights. Now AFS light is flashing in the dashboard and what is even worse is that Auto Leveling is not working anymore and the headlights are aimed way too high.

Can anyone advise on how to get AFS and headlights Auto Leveling to function properly?
Old 03-02-13, 09:42 PM
efifixer
Driver School Candidate

i have also the same problem.i make car upgared like old models to 2013 but i search in lot of ways but i can not found anything maybe no one can slove it
Old 03-02-13, 10:52 PM
slowdiver
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Powerful

I have recently installed the 2013 headlights. Now AFS light is flashing in the dashboard and what is even worse is that Auto Leveling is not working anymore and the headlights are aimed way too high.

Can anyone advise on how to get AFS and headlights Auto Leveling to function properly?
Congrats on your recent mod....that is friggin awesome and I am very eager to upgrade to HID spindle grill that is being offered by Sewell Lexus.

From what is discussed in the thread below, for a short term solution, pull the AFS fuse that is located in the glovebox. Another member was able to install HID and retain AFS but the install was tricky. Please follow up and let us know your progress as this forum needs more info on this upgrade. I was able to pick up a '10 LX570 and I am extremely happy.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lx5...sue-fixed.html
Old 03-08-13, 01:53 AM
LXdude
Driver School Candidate

Not to go off topic, but any chance you can post pics of the new headlights installed on the 2010 front end?
Old 03-11-13, 04:48 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

does the AFS ever kick in? or its non working at all from the start ? if it does not kick in you might have to just adjust the projectors by hand to level them out not that hard actually and pull the fuse.

as another member already asked... can you put some some pics as well?

Originally Posted by Powerful

Old 03-11-13, 08:30 AM
slowdiver
Lead Lap

This guy hasn't responded since posting the original thread 2 months ago...come on man!!

We need as much feedback as possible on the HID and spindle grill upgrade. LX570 section on CL really does not have a lot of action.....lets change that!!!
Old 03-11-13, 10:00 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 496 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by slowdiver
This guy hasn't responded since posting the original thread 2 months ago...come on man!!

We need as much feedback as possible on the HID and spindle grill upgrade. LX570 section on CL really does not have a lot of action.....lets change that!!!
This place was really busy when the LX first came out! Those were exciting days. This place is not a busy but still has helped a lot of people.
Old 03-16-13, 11:53 PM
ossme
Driver School Candidate

If anyone know from where I can get the wiring diagrams / repair manual for the LX then I can work on an adapter.

I have a 2009 and I'm really into the 2013 mod. I need replacement bumpers anyway.
Old 03-17-13, 11:56 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by ossme
If anyone know from where I can get the wiring diagrams / repair manual for the LX then I can work on an adapter.

I have a 2009 and I'm really into the 2013 mod. I need replacement bumpers anyway.
http://techinfo.toyota.com/, $15 for a 2-day subscription.

This is where I go to get refreshed lists of TSIBs, instructions for DIY projects and general research (when I'm bored ).
Old 03-18-13, 07:45 AM
slowdiver
Lead Lap

Yes Sir!!! That's what I'm taking about!!
Old 04-10-13, 02:43 AM
ossme
Driver School Candidate

Sorry guys, I haven't started working on this yet.
Old 08-12-13, 08:07 AM
ossme
Driver School Candidate

Ok guys, just a quick update. I just finished installed the whole 2013 conversion.

In terms of body work, the whole front and rear of the truck bolts in. But it involved more parts than I previously thought, especially upfront.

The rear lights plugs in and fit without any issue. The side mirrors will need some wiring work as the connectors are different. But it is a one to one transfer except for the additional turn signal.

I haven't finished the front wiring yet. The lights do work. But the AFS and auto levelling doesn't work. The AFS plug has no place to connect to in the new headlight.

I will snap some pictures of the whole conversion soon.
Old 08-12-13, 09:57 AM
Willha418
Pole Position

Ok guys, just a quick update. I just finished installed the whole 2013 conversion.

In terms of body work, the whole front and rear of the truck bolts in. But it involved more parts than I previously thought, especially upfront.

The rear lights plugs in and fit without any issue. The side mirrors will need some wiring work as the connectors are different. But it is a one to one transfer except for the additional turn signal.

I haven't finished the front wiring yet. The lights do work. But the AFS and auto levelling doesn't work. The AFS plug has no place to connect to in the new headlight.

I will snap some pictures of the whole conversion soon.

Thanks for the info!!

Can't wait to see pictures before and after. Let me ask you, any cutting/drilling modifications need to be done?
Old 08-12-13, 12:39 PM
ossme
Driver School Candidate

No cutting or welding is required for installing the bumpers, lights, and mirrors. Everything simply bolts on.
Old 08-13-13, 07:54 AM
Willha418
Pole Position

cool!

Thinking of upgrading my 2011 to the looks of a 2013.

Would you mind sharing us the part numbers and price for the conversion??

Quick Reply: Is there a solution for flashing AFS on '08-'11 with 2013 headlights?