Is there a solution for flashing AFS on '08-'11 with 2013 headlights? - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

Is there a solution for flashing AFS on '08-'11 with 2013 headlights?

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-11-13, 10:07 PM   #1
Powerful
Driver School Candidate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: AZ
Posts: 1
Default Is there a solution for flashing AFS on '08-'11 with 2013 headlights?

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum.

I am glad to join the club as a 2010 LX570 owner.

I have recently installed the 2013 headlights. Now AFS light is flashing in the dashboard and what is even worse is that Auto Leveling is not working anymore and the headlights are aimed way too high.

Can anyone advise on how to get AFS and headlights Auto Leveling to function properly?
Powerful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-13, 09:42 PM   #2
efifixer
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: UAE
Posts: 1
Default

i have also the same problem.i make car upgared like old models to 2013 but i search in lot of ways but i can not found anything maybe no one can slove it
efifixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-13, 10:52 PM   #3
slowdiver
Lead Lap
iTrader: (10)
 
slowdiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Beach, SoCal
Posts: 568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerful View Post
Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum.

I am glad to join the club as a 2010 LX570 owner.

I have recently installed the 2013 headlights. Now AFS light is flashing in the dashboard and what is even worse is that Auto Leveling is not working anymore and the headlights are aimed way too high.

Can anyone advise on how to get AFS and headlights Auto Leveling to function properly?
Congrats on your recent mod....that is friggin awesome and I am very eager to upgrade to HID spindle grill that is being offered by Sewell Lexus.

From what is discussed in the thread below, for a short term solution, pull the AFS fuse that is located in the glovebox. Another member was able to install HID and retain AFS but the install was tricky. Please follow up and let us know your progress as this forum needs more info on this upgrade. I was able to pick up a '10 LX570 and I am extremely happy.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/lx57...sue-fixed.html
slowdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-13, 01:53 AM   #4
LXdude
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: TX
Posts: 16
Default

Not to go off topic, but any chance you can post pics of the new headlights installed on the 2010 front end?
LXdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 04:48 AM   #5
UZ214
Lexus Test Driver
 
UZ214's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DE
Posts: 1,244
Default

does the AFS ever kick in? or its non working at all from the start ? if it does not kick in you might have to just adjust the projectors by hand to level them out not that hard actually and pull the fuse.

as another member already asked... can you put some some pics as well?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerful View Post
Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum.

I am glad to join the club as a 2010 LX570 owner.

I have recently installed the 2013 headlights. Now AFS light is flashing in the dashboard and what is even worse is that Auto Leveling is not working anymore and the headlights are aimed way too high.

Can anyone advise on how to get AFS and headlights Auto Leveling to function properly?
UZ214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 08:30 AM   #6
slowdiver
Lead Lap
iTrader: (10)
 
slowdiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Beach, SoCal
Posts: 568
Default

This guy hasn't responded since posting the original thread 2 months ago...come on man!!

We need as much feedback as possible on the HID and spindle grill upgrade. LX570 section on CL really does not have a lot of action.....lets change that!!!
slowdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 10:00 AM   #7
ggebhardt
Lexus Test Driver
 
ggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdiver View Post
This guy hasn't responded since posting the original thread 2 months ago...come on man!!

We need as much feedback as possible on the HID and spindle grill upgrade. LX570 section on CL really does not have a lot of action.....lets change that!!!
This place was really busy when the LX first came out! Those were exciting days. This place is not a busy but still has helped a lot of people.
ggebhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-13, 11:53 PM   #8
ossme
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: n/a
Posts: 41
Default

If anyone know from where I can get the wiring diagrams / repair manual for the LX then I can work on an adapter.

I have a 2009 and I'm really into the 2013 mod. I need replacement bumpers anyway.
ossme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-13, 11:56 AM   #9
caha14
Lexus Test Driver
 
caha14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Posts: 1,389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossme View Post
If anyone know from where I can get the wiring diagrams / repair manual for the LX then I can work on an adapter.

I have a 2009 and I'm really into the 2013 mod. I need replacement bumpers anyway.
http://techinfo.toyota.com/, $15 for a 2-day subscription.

This is where I go to get refreshed lists of TSIBs, instructions for DIY projects and general research (when I'm bored ).
caha14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-13, 07:45 AM   #10
slowdiver
Lead Lap
iTrader: (10)
 
slowdiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Beach, SoCal
Posts: 568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossme View Post
If anyone know from where I can get the wiring diagrams / repair manual for the LX then I can work on an adapter.

I have a 2009 and I'm really into the 2013 mod. I need replacement bumpers anyway.
Yes Sir!!! That's what I'm taking about!!
slowdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-13, 02:43 AM   #11
ossme
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: n/a
Posts: 41
Default

Sorry guys, I haven't started working on this yet.
ossme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-13, 08:07 AM   #12
ossme
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: n/a
Posts: 41
Default

Ok guys, just a quick update. I just finished installed the whole 2013 conversion.

In terms of body work, the whole front and rear of the truck bolts in. But it involved more parts than I previously thought, especially upfront.

The rear lights plugs in and fit without any issue. The side mirrors will need some wiring work as the connectors are different. But it is a one to one transfer except for the additional turn signal.

I haven't finished the front wiring yet. The lights do work. But the AFS and auto levelling doesn't work. The AFS plug has no place to connect to in the new headlight.

I will snap some pictures of the whole conversion soon.
ossme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-13, 09:57 AM   #13
Willha418
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Southern California
Posts: 239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossme View Post
Ok guys, just a quick update. I just finished installed the whole 2013 conversion.

In terms of body work, the whole front and rear of the truck bolts in. But it involved more parts than I previously thought, especially upfront.

The rear lights plugs in and fit without any issue. The side mirrors will need some wiring work as the connectors are different. But it is a one to one transfer except for the additional turn signal.

I haven't finished the front wiring yet. The lights do work. But the AFS and auto levelling doesn't work. The AFS plug has no place to connect to in the new headlight.

I will snap some pictures of the whole conversion soon.


Thanks for the info!!

Can't wait to see pictures before and after. Let me ask you, any cutting/drilling modifications need to be done?
Willha418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-13, 12:39 PM   #14
ossme
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: n/a
Posts: 41
Default

No cutting or welding is required for installing the bumpers, lights, and mirrors. Everything simply bolts on.
ossme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-13, 07:54 AM   #15
Willha418
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Southern California
Posts: 239
Default

cool!

Thinking of upgrading my 2011 to the looks of a 2013.

Would you mind sharing us the part numbers and price for the conversion??
Willha418 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AFS OFF Light flashing scottmcc LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) 20 04-12-16 07:44 AM
2006 GS 300 -AFS Flashes, Headlights too low joshphp GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) 10 02-02-16 10:56 PM
Auto leveling headlights not calibrating at start up ocd IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 24 10-02-15 08:30 AM
2007 gs350, are all GS headlights auto leveling HID? flashes23 GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) 2 03-06-15 11:56 PM
Headlight auto leveling help turbon50 GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) 5 06-19-11 12:14 AM


Tags
07, 2013, 460, 570, afs, blinking, flash, flashing, headlights, lexus, light, ls, luxes, solution, working

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:40 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved