LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Is there a solution for flashing AFS on '08-'11 with 2013 headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-13, 02:09 AM
ossme
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Willha418
cool!

Thinking of upgrading my 2011 to the looks of a 2013.

Would you mind sharing us the part numbers and price for the conversion??
Our part numbers are different than yours. But I will try to look at it and search for the US numbers.
Old 08-15-13, 07:51 PM
roopchan
Driver School Candidate

Default Roopchan

Originally Posted by Powerful
Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum.

I am glad to join the club as a 2010 LX570 owner.

I have recently installed the 2013 headlights. Now AFS light is flashing in the dashboard and what is even worse is that Auto Leveling is not working anymore and the headlights are aimed way too high.

Can anyone advise on how to get AFS and headlights Auto Leveling to function properly?
This too is my first post. I have the same issues. I modified the front on my 2008 LX 570 to the 2013 version and although the lights are functioning, the afs system is not working. I have adjusted the lights manually but I would appreciate any tips on making the afs functional.

Regards

Roopchan
Old 02-03-15, 11:24 AM
igorexa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by roopchan
this too is my first post. I have the same issues. I modified the front on my 2008 lx 570 to the 2013 version and although the lights are functioning, the afs system is not working. I have adjusted the lights manually but i would appreciate any tips on making the afs functional.

Regards

roopchan
вы переделали фары уже
Old 04-11-15, 12:52 PM
telmz1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Searching for an update as I am currently in the process of doing the front end conversion on my 2009. I have completed the physical installation of the bumper, grill, and headlights but I am stuck on the electrical setup.

After all the research I've done so far I assumed everything would plug in except for the small harness which is for the AFS. I didn't really care for it since I plan on pulling the fuse for it and just manually aligning it myself.

Now with the 2013 headlight, I bought the factory HID ballast since the headlight I bought on ebay did not come with it. The problem is the plug that matches the fit is the one for the turn signal/parking light. For those who have completed this headlight mod, what am I missing here? is there another harness that I'm supposed to be using?
Old 05-05-15, 05:31 AM
khalfan323
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finished Project!!

I have a 2008 LX570 which I just completed the facelift in. I don't know if you guys have these in the states, but the new lx570 comes with an "s" kit. I didn't really like the kit, so i just opted to have the new LED foglight installed.
As mentioned earlier, everything was plug and play.
Now for the headlight issue..car has 3 sockets, new lights have 2. everything is fine except for AFS. not that big of a deal if you don't care that the AFS light keeps flashing away on your dashboard as soon as you turn on your car. I just unplugged the fuse.
the fusebox is located in the passenger footwell, fuse #11 (type 5a).
unplug that and no blinking light on the dash!
no harness or anything needed, everything is perfect.
The following users liked this post:
mikedmr (07-31-18)
Old 05-05-15, 10:23 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

So what are you guys spending to change the front end look to a 2013+. ?
Old 05-06-15, 10:10 PM
telmz1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Max707
So what are you guys spending to change the front end look to a 2013+. ?
Front + Back + Sport Kit + LED side mirrors + Paint ran me about $4500. I bought all the major parts from ebay and the rest through trademotion/Pembroke Pines. I already had the 22" 2013+ rims which i paid about $1K for several years ago. Better than the $35k difference between my trade in value for a new one. I'm happy! Last thing I need to do is change the headlamp washer covers with the 2013+ versions. You can see the 2009 versions doesn't flow on the new bumpers.

Old 05-06-15, 10:17 PM
telmz1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by khalfan323
I have a 2008 LX570 which I just completed the facelift in. I don't know if you guys have these in the states, but the new lx570 comes with an "s" kit. I didn't really like the kit, so i just opted to have the new LED foglight installed.
As mentioned earlier, everything was plug and play.
Now for the headlight issue..car has 3 sockets, new lights have 2. everything is fine except for AFS. not that big of a deal if you don't care that the AFS light keeps flashing away on your dashboard as soon as you turn on your car. I just unplugged the fuse.
the fusebox is located in the passenger footwell, fuse #11 (type 5a).
unplug that and no blinking light on the dash!
no harness or anything needed, everything is perfect.
I got my AFS to work perfect. On the A40/46 I did this:

MOVE PIN 1 TO PIN 9
MOVE PIN 7 TO PIN 1

On the A42/48, remove pin 2 and move it to A40/46 slot 7. AFS auto levels and swivels, no AFS light!
Old 09-15-15, 08:09 PM
umarali
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by telmz1

MOVE PIN 1 TO PIN 9
MOVE PIN 7 TO PIN 1

On the A42/48, remove pin 2 and move it to A40/46 slot 7. AFS auto levels and swivels, no AFS light!
can you please post some pictures for referral?. I dont have any idea what is A42/48 and other numbers are. Can you please explain is it from 2008 to 2013 lights or just for HID ballast.
Thanks
Old 12-26-17, 05:36 AM
Fausty
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Bump. I'm in the market for a pre 13 lx570 and since its been a few years maybe someone has more info on getting afs to work.
Old 12-26-17, 08:48 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Fausty
Bump. I'm in the market for a pre 13 lx570 and since its been a few years maybe someone has more info on getting afs to work.
do a little searching in the 200 series forum on mud, maybe??
Old 03-11-19, 12:58 PM
patrickbat
Driver School Candidate

MOVE PIN 1 TO PIN 9
MOVE PIN 7 TO PIN 1

Hey Telmz (or anyone that can answer this)

My 2010 lx570 is in the shop now getting the 2013 facelift done. The shop has never done something like this and they're concerned with headlight fitment. Besides AFS, how did you wire up the DRL's? Was the afs modification simple (moving pins around) or more complex? Should I have this bodyshop just do the install work/paint then take it elsewhere to wire the headlights up?

Thanks so much... Hopefully you log on here often, I (and the shop) could use some direction quickly.
Old 03-11-19, 01:47 PM
telmz1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by patrickbat

My 2010 lx570 is in the shop now getting the 2013 facelift done. The shop has never done something like this and they're concerned with headlight fitment. Besides AFS, how did you wire up the DRL's? Was the afs modification simple (moving pins around) or more complex? Should I have this bodyshop just do the install work/paint then take it elsewhere to wire the headlights up?

Thanks so much... Hopefully you log on here often, I (and the shop) could use some direction quickly.
Hey Patrick, I’m assuming that in addition to the headlights and body components, you also purchased all the 2013 wire harnesses as they need to replace the 2007-2012 plugs so you can properly wire up your new headlights without hacking up all your electrical wires. Its been a long time since I did this conversion but if I recall correctly, the older LX lights didn’t have HID so the correct harnesses were essential to make sure everything works properly with the new lights.

I did all the all the body components and changing out the harnesses myself since it was mainly plug and play. I did get everything to work by myself but got stuck when I tested my high beams, one of the DRLs would turn off. It was weird and I spent days going back and trying to troubleshoot it. I ended up just hiring an auto electrician who came to my house and fixed it in about 10 minutes and also hooked up the new signal lights I added on the side mirrors. I told him what I did and asked him How much he would‘be charged and he said something like $300 and would be done in 2-3 hours. That said, I would definitely leave it to the pros (auto electrician) as it’s not worth the time unless you have plenty of it.

Last edited by telmz1; 03-11-19 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Edit
Old 03-11-19, 01:51 PM
patrickbat
Driver School Candidate

Hey Patrick, I’m assuming that in addition to the headlights and body components, you also purchased all the 2013 wire harnesses as they need to replace the 2007-2012 plugs so you can properly wire up your new headlights without hacking up all your electrical wires. Its been a long time since I did this conversion but if I recall correctly, the older LX lights didn’t have HID so the correct harnesses were essential to make sure everything works properly with the new lights.

I did did all the all the body components and changing out the harnesses myself since it was mainly plug and play. I did get everything to work by myself but got stuck when I tested my high beams, one of the DRLs would turn off. It was weird and I spent days going back and trying to troubleshoot it. I ended up just hiring an auto electrician who came to my house and fixed it in about 10 minutes and also hooked up the new signal lights I added on the side mirrors. I told him what I did and asked him How much he would‘be charged and he said something like $300 and would be done in 2-3 hours. That said, I would definitely leave it to the pros (auto electrician) as it’s not worth the time unless you have plenty of it.
Hey Telmz,

No I didn't buy any harnesses. I just now saw your post on a different thread about some connector housing (part number 9098010942) that you swapped AFS pins to... They were 7 bucks each and I bought two of them. Is this what you're talking about? If not, what do I need to order?

I thought this would be fairly plug and play...Can the shop just tap the drl's into my battery? What do you recommend searching for to find an electrician that can do this? Auto electrician? It's a bit of a niche thing and I live in Kansas City, so custom shops are not as easy to come by as Vegas and LA.

Do you have a number i can text you at? Thanks so much for responding... I'm in a tight spot!
Old 03-11-19, 01:53 PM
telmz1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by patrickbat

also, I did stumble on my wiring digrams that I made while pullling out some other mod docs for my LS460. As soon I get home I will take a picture of it and post it. I think I even have all the receipts etc of the harnesses I bought.

Quick Reply: Is there a solution for flashing AFS on '08-'11 with 2013 headlights?