LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Possible 2013 Lexus LX Owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-12, 09:03 PM
dochusar
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Possible 2013 Lexus LX Owner

I am searching for a new SUV. I really need the height of a SUV to go back and forth to the hospital. I have driven several SUV's including Audi Q5, Audi Q7, BMW X5, Mercedes GL, Land Rover, Porsche Cayenne, and Volkswagen Touareg. My last truck was the Porsche Cayenne base 6. To get the diesel or V8, the truck is way over 100K.

I test drove the '13 LX - Silver/Black. Loved the ride, overall sicker just over 90k. I know that most of you are biased. I think that I would be happy with the choice, and not spend the same amount on a Cayenne diesel.

What do you think?
Old 12-27-12, 10:04 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Judging by your sig looks like you did it
Old 12-27-12, 10:10 PM
dochusar
Pole Position

Placed a deposit, not really sure.
Old 12-28-12, 07:01 AM
watch37
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what utility will you mainly use it for? Transporting several adults? Kids? Towing? Will you be using it as a daily driver?
Old 12-29-12, 02:49 PM
gstanton
Rookie

im biased for sure. this lx is my 6th lc or variant. very different from any of the porsche suv offerings for sure. i like mine cause all of them have gone every day from day one with no mechanical issues ever. i personally cant think of another vehicle i would rather be in a bad accident with, they are big , heavy , well built and engineered. not that it really matters but you wont see your self coming and going as they dont make to many of them. this is not a leading toyota product vs the porsche suv which has saved their bacon. the resale value with all mine has been great to loose just over half the purchace value after 7 years and 109k as was the case with my 06 is impressive to my way of thinking. if you have any angst as to the pc of your ride it might be best to head in another direction, if thats not an over riding concern you wont be dissapointed. ....mine puts a smile on my face every time i get to drive it. best of all i dont worry about the safety of my wife when she drives it most of the time.
Old 12-30-12, 07:17 PM
dochusar
Pole Position

Smile

Originally Posted by gstanton
im biased for sure. this lx is my 6th lc or variant. very different from any of the porsche suv offerings for sure. i like mine cause all of them have gone every day from day one with no mechanical issues ever. i personally cant think of another vehicle i would rather be in a bad accident with, they are big , heavy , well built and engineered. not that it really matters but you wont see your self coming and going as they dont make to many of them. this is not a leading toyota product vs the porsche suv which has saved their bacon. the resale value with all mine has been great to loose just over half the purchace value after 7 years and 109k as was the case with my 06 is impressive to my way of thinking. if you have any angst as to the pc of your ride it might be best to head in another direction, if thats not an over riding concern you wont be dissapointed. ....mine puts a smile on my face every time i get to drive it. best of all i dont worry about the safety of my wife when she drives it most of the time.
I know, I had the 2012 Cayenne but did not get all the bells and whistles that I wanted. For that truck, you need an 8 cylinder motor - gas or diesel. The car at that price point is just not affordable. I do not think a properly configured truck -Porsche or not is worth $120k for a five seat SUV, he'll the towing package is extra and there is no 3rd row and you can fit only 4 people comfortably.

I test drove the LX and drove it away.