Crazy LX 570 crash - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

Crazy LX 570 crash

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-12, 06:09 AM   #1
Quadro
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ON
Posts: 571
Default Crazy LX 570 crash

The guy was speeding, tried to pass two trucks at the same time using highway divider, hit some road debris left by construction guys and rolled over. Looks like passengers weren't buckled up and were scattered across the road but alive.Big testament to how well the car is built.


Quadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-12, 06:55 AM   #2
ohiois350
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,114
Default

wow, look like the little kid died :-((, I just wonder the camera car was driving too slow? or everyone else flying by as going over 100mph?, but look like the kid didn't make it?
ohiois350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-12, 07:38 AM   #3
Quadro
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ON
Posts: 571
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiois350 View Post
wow, look like the little kid died :-((, I just wonder the camera car was driving too slow? or everyone else flying by as going over 100mph?, but look like the kid didn't make it?
I don't think so, on a second video you can see the kid waiving his hands? So he is definitely alive. You can see the camera guy passing the truck so either camera guy and all the trucks were going very slow (which I think is unlikely) or LX going way too fast. You can also spot tire marks from truck braking hard on the second video and these are quite long so truck wasn't going very slow.
Quadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-12, 07:44 AM   #4
Quadro
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ON
Posts: 571
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiois350 View Post
wow, look like the little kid died :-((, I just wonder the camera car was driving too slow? or everyone else flying by as going over 100mph?, but look like the kid didn't make it?
I actually noticed that camera guy has speed reading on his camera (it's in Russian). He is going ~100 KPH hour which is ~62 MPH.
Quadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-12, 09:17 AM   #5
ohiois350
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,114
Default

Wow that mean the white car and the LX must go about 90+ mph? That made the camera car seem like it stand still
ohiois350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-12, 09:19 AM   #6
ohiois350
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,114
Default

Oh my bad, yeah i just rewatch the clip, hope that boy is ok after that :-))
ohiois350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-12, 09:23 AM   #7
Quadro
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ON
Posts: 571
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiois350 View Post
Wow that mean the white car and the LX must go about 90+ mph? That made the camera car seem like it stand still
I would guess as much... the LX was going at least 90MPH.

I'm kind of surprised anybody survived at all... it shows how greatly the car handled this!
Quadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-12, 01:21 PM   #8
hypervish
Lexus Fanatic
 
hypervish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,375
Default

Very surprising to see that they survived.
hypervish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-12, 05:12 AM   #9
ggebhardt
Lexus Test Driver
 
ggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,447
Default

Hope we are ALL reminded that even our LX570 can not escape the laws of physics. 90 mph is OK unless you need to change direction!

No seatbelts? They might as well been driving a Pinto! All the LX570 steel will not help in the least unless you stay in the vehical!
ggebhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-12, 12:37 PM   #10
ohiois350
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggebhardt View Post
Hope we are ALL reminded that even our LX570 can not escape the laws of physics. 90 mph is OK unless you need to change direction!

No seatbelts? They might as well been driving a Pinto! All the LX570 steel will not help in the least unless you stay in the vehical!
That true, no cars could save us like that crash even with the seatbelt on? But one thing i know that God saved them even they got throw out the car like that, man that was a save
ohiois350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-12, 12:19 PM   #11
T4Fun
Lexus Test Driver
 
T4Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,492
Default

so u see a navy blue lx drive by and then later on up the road an suv is flipped over and you assume
its the Lx? i dont know about you, but i cant make out what kind of suv actually flipped over. it may be the lx as both look to be same color, but i cant tell. who posted this video up?
T4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-12, 07:09 AM   #12
Quadro
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ON
Posts: 571
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4Fun View Post
so u see a navy blue lx drive by and then later on up the road an suv is flipped over and you assume
its the Lx? i dont know about you, but i cant make out what kind of suv actually flipped over. it may be the lx as both look to be same color, but i cant tell. who posted this video up?
From the time the LX passes the camera guy it stays visible on the camera till the crash.
Quadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-12, 01:06 PM   #13
ohiois350
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadro View Post
From the time the LX passes the camera guy it stays visible on the camera till the crash.
Yeah he didn't follow the whole video clip, and also the rear bumper that LX has the gard on match with the one is flip over, but i wonder how did he lost control? Look on the video clip, look like where the LX roll over was at the straight road?
ohiois350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-12, 02:01 PM   #14
Quadro
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ON
Posts: 571
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiois350 View Post
Yeah he didn't follow the whole video clip, and also the rear bumper that LX has the gard on match with the one is flip over, but i wonder how did he lost control? Look on the video clip, look like where the LX roll over was at the straight road?
Around 2:12 on the first video you can see two piles of construction debris. I think the driver hit one of these which at 90MPH sent the car flying followed by a rollover. At least that seems to be the most probable explanation.

I think on a pure flat road even at 90MPH VSC will prevent the car from rolling over otherwise but that's a theory don't know if anybody ever tested it.
Quadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-12, 10:47 AM   #15
T4Fun
Lexus Test Driver
 
T4Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,492
Default

actually i saw the video again on full screen. now its plain and clear.
i initially saw video in tiny box, in which you cant see all details.
T4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Petrolicious Video Thread Hoovey2411 Car Chat 91 04-06-16 12:09 AM
Exhausts Sounds - invidia - ARK - Joe z - Magnaflow - Tom's Mesh704 Performance 26 08-19-15 12:48 AM
Family flight A350 XWBs Jets Flying in Formation RA40 The Clubhouse 15 01-07-15 12:04 PM
Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void 4TehNguyen The Clubhouse 8 12-02-14 03:23 PM
Lexus RC F - Performance Proven on the Track - Key Person Interview DansonISF RC F (2015-present) 7 07-27-14 07:17 PM


Tags
570, accident, clublexus, crash, crazy, explanation, lexus, lfa, lx, lx570

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:18 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved