LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

2013 LX570 Premium with TRD big brakes

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-12, 05:42 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by randomwalk
The TRD BBK has better/bigger pads, rotors, stainless steel lines, 6 pistons. Braking force is a lot more than stock. This kit is same with tundra 2nd gen.
then i agree, its better than stock

i wonder if this will fit for the gx? need the rotor though which has 6 lugs as opposed to 5 on the lx
Old 08-19-12, 11:48 PM
aristott
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly this saddens me about the Lexus brand, owners who are not in touch w/ automobiles. Toyota outsouces MOST, again, MOST of their parts to other companies, Denso, Koito, Bosch, may I go on? They did buy out Denso, Koito, etc. so it's theirs but still considered outsourcing.
Now the TRD oil cap is not a performance upgrade but indeed for those who want a bit of bling under their hood. Did you visit your local high end mall and tell the local shopper why did you just spend $500 on a pair of Prada shoes? just hit Walmart and buy it? no, TRD is a small attempt of Toyota bringing some excitement to a half boring brand. Hawk pads work well on the GX, buy all 4 w/ steel braded lines, great fix to the sucky brakes. Remember the TRD pads are offered as dealership upgrades if youre getting a brake job, then you can opt for it.

Example: AMG, M are great ways to bring those who want more to a car and willing to pay more for the same body w/ higher performance. Lexus never really did anything like it till the IS-F and the car is VERY slow but it's still a good attempt. I hope to see TRD or other Toyota motorsports Germany bring some excitement to a brand that has fallen behind on image to high end consumers.
I would be very happy to see a Lexus GX-F? quad pipes, 500hp, full upgraded interior? I'd buy the vehicle, the design fell unfinished. Plain sides, no vented hood, even the 4 Runner has more going on.

Originally Posted by T4Fun
toyota does not make the brake pads or filter, its outsourced to someone else and they 'rebrand it " as TRD. i again dont see how these trd items are 'better" than another . i use hawk hps pads and they are excellent. how is an trd oil cap/radiator cap better than stock?
Old 08-21-12, 04:57 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Where did u get fender flares for the gx? I wanna get them for my gx
Old 08-21-12, 02:34 PM
03LX470
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well done aristott for exploring things that can be done to the LX

Would love to see more pics of your LX once you're done with the brakes, fender flares, etc.

Surely lexus is moving in the right direction with cars such as IS-F, GS F Sport, etc.

Lexus never had the durability issue and in terms of comfort & perfection became so superior that indeed they sometimes seemed boring. Now they are exploring the sport area as well without compromising the comfort & dependability. However, i will always miss the 1st/2nd generation lexus i grew up watching so would still like to have those around - nostalgia.
Old 08-22-12, 11:28 AM
randomwalk
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

then i agree, its better than stock

i wonder if this will fit for the gx? need the rotor though which has 6 lugs as opposed to 5 on the lx
http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_artic...-with-trd.aspx
Old 08-22-12, 03:02 PM
yipster222
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much did you pay for the TRD brake kit and where did you purchase them?

I would love to upgrade my brakes too. The TRD red caliper reminds me of my Porsche Boxster S.

Originally Posted by aristott
Honestly this saddens me about the Lexus brand, owners who are not in touch w/ automobiles. Toyota outsouces MOST, again, MOST of their parts to other companies, Denso, Koito, Bosch, may I go on? They did buy out Denso, Koito, etc. so it's theirs but still considered outsourcing.
Now the TRD oil cap is not a performance upgrade but indeed for those who want a bit of bling under their hood. Did you visit your local high end mall and tell the local shopper why did you just spend $500 on a pair of Prada shoes? just hit Walmart and buy it? no, TRD is a small attempt of Toyota bringing some excitement to a half boring brand. Hawk pads work well on the GX, buy all 4 w/ steel braded lines, great fix to the sucky brakes. Remember the TRD pads are offered as dealership upgrades if youre getting a brake job, then you can opt for it.

Example: AMG, M are great ways to bring those who want more to a car and willing to pay more for the same body w/ higher performance. Lexus never really did anything like it till the IS-F and the car is VERY slow but it's still a good attempt. I hope to see TRD or other Toyota motorsports Germany bring some excitement to a brand that has fallen behind on image to high end consumers.
I would be very happy to see a Lexus GX-F? quad pipes, 500hp, full upgraded interior? I'd buy the vehicle, the design fell unfinished. Plain sides, no vented hood, even the 4 Runner has more going on.

Last edited by yipster222; 08-22-12 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-25-12, 12:51 AM
BobsGX
Racer

The problem with the taller wheels on that GX is that it makes the rotors look way to small. No thanks. Not for me.
Old 08-25-12, 10:22 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

mmm BBK!!!!
Old 08-29-12, 10:53 AM
randomwalk
Lead Lap

Just bought a set of stock 2009 LX 570 rims/tires w/ 500 miles for $900. Woot!!!! Can't wait to get it.
Old 09-02-12, 09:27 PM
aristott
Rookie

T4, Toyota doesn't make most of the parts on the vehicles you drive, so what's your POINT? TRD is Toyota and has others make their parts too. Do you even own a fast car?? have you been in the racing scene?? I don't come on Club Lexus much because most owners are not the same crowd as say the Mercedes AMG fans, BMW M owners, so everything to do on the cars are TABOO.
slotted rotors may or may not stop the car "better" depending on the vehicle but one thing for sure slotted/drilled rotors help w/ brake fade. If you own a heavy SUV it will help vent out the heat.
My TRD brakes are larger monobloc calipers, 400mm rotors which is about 15.7 inch rotors so 20" wheels must be used which are standard on the LX. I now have second thoughts on the TRD brakes because I want to install Brembo big brakes in the rear but it won't match the front. I may sell the TRD and install Brembo front & rear big kits.
TRD oil cap was made for dress up, what's your point?

toyota does not make the brake pads or filter, its outsourced to someone else and they 'rebrand it " as TRD. i again dont see how these trd items are 'better" than another . i use hawk hps pads and they are excellent. how is an trd oil cap/radiator cap better than stock?
Old 09-02-12, 09:35 PM
aristott
Rookie

Thanks man.
Honestly most people in the $100k budget want a nice car, you can tell Lexus is trying finally to get the AMG/maserati owners. Even if I can only own an IS250 I would think Lexus needs to still step up as a fan. My point is give us more interior options at the dealer.
I love my LX570 but everytime I drive it I look at the dashboard and wonder for a $90k sticker SUV where's the leather dash, Alcantara headliner? I sat inside a range Rover Supercharged for $100k but it had huge brakes, 500hp, black headliner, beautiful dash.
Lexus could charge us a bit more as an option.

Originally Posted by 03LX470
Well done aristott for exploring things that can be done to the LX

Would love to see more pics of your LX once you're done with the brakes, fender flares, etc.

Surely lexus is moving in the right direction with cars such as IS-F, GS F Sport, etc.

Lexus never had the durability issue and in terms of comfort & perfection became so superior that indeed they sometimes seemed boring. Now they are exploring the sport area as well without compromising the comfort & dependability. However, i will always miss the 1st/2nd generation lexus i grew up watching so would still like to have those around - nostalgia.
Old 09-02-12, 09:40 PM
bonroad
Driver School Candidate

Default I like that car

it looks great
Old 09-03-12, 08:35 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

This trd setup looks
awesome...! How is the brake feel

I would just keep these on and get the rear calipers painted to match

Originally Posted by aristott
T4, Toyota doesn't make most of the parts on the vehicles you drive, so what's your POINT? TRD is Toyota and has others make their parts too. Do you even own a fast car?? have you been in the racing scene?? I don't come on Club Lexus much because most owners are not the same crowd as say the Mercedes AMG fans, BMW M owners, so everything to do on the cars are TABOO.
slotted rotors may or may not stop the car "better" depending on the vehicle but one thing for sure slotted/drilled rotors help w/ brake fade. If you own a heavy SUV it will help vent out the heat.
My TRD brakes are larger monobloc calipers, 400mm rotors which is about 15.7 inch rotors so 20" wheels must be used which are standard on the LX. I now have second thoughts on the TRD brakes because I want to install Brembo big brakes in the rear but it won't match the front. I may sell the TRD and install Brembo front & rear big kits.
TRD oil cap was made for dress up, what's your point?
Old 09-03-12, 08:37 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

Also get matching rotors for rear /slotted
Old 09-03-12, 10:23 AM
randomwalk
Lead Lap

How are the TRD BBK set up works compared to stock? Does it snap your neck everytime you brake hard? I hope so for that much money.

Quick Reply: 2013 LX570 Premium with TRD big brakes