LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

After almost 3 yrs of LX570 ownership!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-11, 10:26 AM
Plucky
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After almost 3 yrs of LX570 ownership!

Hello there!

Having been driving the great SUV ‘09LX570 for about 3 years now as my daily ride; I’m thinking of a change in my ride. The LX has been nothing but extremely comfy, reliable and go anywhere car except that its missing the FUN to drive part (especially in paved roads) it feels like a big truck and it’s doesn’t look sporty. But it is so much fun to drive when offroading ! and unfortunately I go real off-roading two to three times per year!

I have been looking for more of a driver car that’s really pleases me with it’s exhilarating performance and handling of course with the touch of luxury and reliability which I’m used to get from my current LX570! My choices have been narrowed down to 2012 Porsche Cayenne S, the all new 2013 luxury sedan GS350 with F sport package and the all new 2013 Porsche Carrere 911. I’m in the mid thirties and have two kids so I guess if I go with luxury sedan or sport coupe would be ok and maybe I can later buy another cheap 4X4 SUV for harsh driving in rain or offroading pleasure.

So I’m seeking your insights if you have a similar experience, also about my new choices and you may as well suggest other cars if applicable.

I’m very much hesitant to give away my LX, but at the same time I feel I’m losing a lot of the sportiness and enjoyable driving experience other cars may offer

Let’s hear what do you think;

Good day
Old 11-17-11, 04:29 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Plucky
Hello there!

Having been driving the great SUV ‘09LX570 for about 3 years now as my daily ride; I’m thinking of a change in my ride. The LX has been nothing but extremely comfy, reliable and go anywhere car except that its missing the FUN to drive part (especially in paved roads) it feels like a big truck and it’s doesn’t look sporty. But it is so much fun to drive when offroading ! and unfortunately I go real off-roading two to three times per year!

I have been looking for more of a driver car that’s really pleases me with it’s exhilarating performance and handling of course with the touch of luxury and reliability which I’m used to get from my current LX570! My choices have been narrowed down to 2012 Porsche Cayenne S, the all new 2013 luxury sedan GS350 with F sport package and the all new 2013 Porsche Carrere 911. I’m in the mid thirties and have two kids so I guess if I go with luxury sedan or sport coupe would be ok and maybe I can later buy another cheap 4X4 SUV for harsh driving in rain or offroading pleasure.

So I’m seeking your insights if you have a similar experience, also about my new choices and you may as well suggest other cars if applicable.

I’m very much hesitant to give away my LX, but at the same time I feel I’m losing a lot of the sportiness and enjoyable driving experience other cars may offer

Good day
Nice write-up, glad the LX did you right.

I rode in the F-sport with Scott Pruett and it is the best handling Lexus I've been in that isn't the LFA. It was better than the IS F. It was loaded with the active rear sway bar and yaw control. It was superb. I loved the interior and the looks and it has a huge 18.7 cube ft trunk! It drove more Porsche than Lexus.

I am also a Porsche nut and I love the last gen Cayenne GTS which could be had with a manual. The new Cayenne is 400 lbs lighter and the interior is incredible. Its not as roomy as one would think. I have yet to spend time with the new 911 but Porsche never screw that up though I've heard the new electric steering is weaker on feedback.

Its funny to see Porsche move more toward Lexus and Lexus more toward Porsche!

Good luck!
Old 11-17-11, 05:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

for the fun i doubt other cars on your list can beat the 911, but space is going to be painful on that car for sure with your 2 kids. the cayenne gts would be great and it's going to be a lot of fun, though like mike said it's not close to be as specious as your lx570 right now.
Old 11-17-11, 07:54 PM
ERC4
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hello there!

Good day
I'm in a similar situation. We've had 2 SUV's for the last couple of years. We're keeping our '10 LX570 because it's a great combination of safety, luxury and utilty, especially for a family with a 6 and 8 year old. The LX works great for loading up the soccer and baseball teams, taking a couple of trips to ski country and throwing a hitch-mounted bike rack off the back. That combined with 6,000 pounds and 10 airbags means my wife will be driving the LX for a long time. That said, I want something much more fun for me. I thought I wanted the 2012 Nissan GT-R until I drove it. It's hard to believe that a car that can do 0-60 in 2.9 seconds isn't fun, but it's not. That combined with the loud tranny noises and stiff suspension killed the GT-R. Then I test drove the usual suspects- 911, Cayman S, 550i etc. All nice. I could be happy with any of them but none struck me as having the perfect combination of performance, luxury, and safety I was looking for. Then I drove the 2011 E63 AMG. That's the car for me. I waited to order the 2012 so I could get the new twin-turbo motor. 0-60 is 3.8 seconds. It comes standard with 9 airbags and I brought that up to 11 with the rear side airbag option for $420. It should arrive sometime around New Year's Eve. I can't wait.
Old 11-18-11, 07:42 AM
Mike_1GO
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

i dont think the new GS can be beaten in terms of everyday reliability and as a drivers car
Old 11-18-11, 10:26 AM
Plucky
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys for the great responses ..

Mike@Vossen .. Glad to hear from some one who did try the new GS Thank you!

rominl .. You are right porsche handles great and at the same time it lacks the space, but i guess i have to sacrifice something for the sake of performance.

ERC4 .. Geat experiance looks Iike we have the same thinking and congrats on your new E63 AMG, we'd love to see some pics of that beast.. I think its great choice, but in my opinion E class interior doesn't look luxurious like the new GS F, i like the sound system of lexus ML and not sure if MB can offer the same or better cabine techs!

90mx83 .. yeah that's why it's almost on the top of my list

I've really enjoyed all the responses and learned alot, let's hear more guys !!

Good day
Old 11-18-11, 05:27 PM
tella
Driver

Try LS460L, a very nice sedan. On the other hand, there is always a 911 4S.
Old 11-19-11, 05:42 AM
Plucky
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tella
Try LS460L, a very nice sedan. On the other hand, there is always a 911 4S.
Well .. The LS460 is heading toward a complete change over rumered to be in 2013/14. however, i have agreat respect for this car, but not sure if it can deliver the driver performance and sportiness i'm looking for. I might change this opinion if the upcoming LS is really following the GS F lead

Appreciate if any one has pics or any info of the upcoming LS,

Thanks for your post
Old 11-19-11, 04:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Well .. The LS460 is heading toward a complete change over rumered to be in 2013/14. however, i have agreat respect for this car, but not sure if it can deliver the driver performance and sportiness i'm looking for. I might change this opinion if the upcoming LS is really following the GS F lead

Appreciate if any one has pics or any info of the upcoming LS,

Thanks for your post
if you want anything fun to drive, the ls460(l) can't be one of them. i had one and ask me what's the reason i sold it after 6 months of ownership. now i have a m3 and a s550
Old 11-21-11, 07:10 AM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, if you don't get rid of your LX, hands down I vote for the 911. I would like to get a new 911 Cabriolet S in a couple years for a toy when my son is no longer in a baby seat. The Cayenne's are nice as well. Not quite as off-road capable as your LX, but it will add a bit of sporty driving dynamic to your commute.
Old 11-22-11, 02:56 AM
Plucky
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jjbenzo
Well, if you don't get rid of your LX, hands down I vote for the 911. I would like to get a new 911 Cabriolet S in a couple years for a toy when my son is no longer in a baby seat. The Cayenne's are nice as well. Not quite as off-road capable as your LX, but it will add a bit of sporty driving dynamic to your commute.
All opinions are with the 911 .. I guess Porsche has done a good job in this magical coupe
I like very much the all new 2013 Porsche 911 S especially in a dark blue metallic, but the problem to me is price Vs value, while the GS F has a decent value with a reasonable price I guess .. almost half of the 911 S !! plus I may not have to purchase a second car (SUV) since the GS F is lux sedan. But in 911 case, a second roomy SUV is a damn must which is going to be a very big ticket .. we’re talking a serious USD 140,000 +
Thanks for your nice post, let’s guys hear some more of your experience going from big lux SUV to sedan or a coupe !

Good day
Old 11-22-11, 08:52 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i will just say this, it's a porsche! i am sure the gs fsport will make more sense, but the higher end you get, it always makes "less" sense. no matter how good the gs fsport is there is no way it can remotely touch the feel and the drive and the performance of the 911s, unless porsche is doing something very stupid

i am a big fan of fast sedans. i always love cars like m5 or even the s63. it has the space, luxury, and speed. but if i have the choice and able to have suv to haul things around? i surely want a darn fun coupe
Old 11-28-11, 04:53 AM
Plucky
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rominl
i will just say this, it's a porsche! i am sure the gs fsport will make more sense, but the higher end you get, it always makes "less" sense. no matter how good the gs fsport is there is no way it can remotely touch the feel and the drive and the performance of the 911s, unless porsche is doing something very stupid

i am a big fan of fast sedans. i always love cars like m5 or even the s63. it has the space, luxury, and speed. but if i have the choice and able to have suv to haul things around? i surely want a darn fun coupe
Tell me about it

Last edited by Plucky; 11-28-11 at 05:16 AM.
Old 11-28-11, 11:39 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

get the porsche! believe me, it's still on my darn dream list

but before that, i hope i can get a good lx570 first. anyone selling?
Old 12-02-11, 05:32 AM
BLKSC400
Driver

Default Tumbler

LX is solid like a tank, I would only sell it for this....