LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Bull bars and rear tyre holders

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-11, 08:27 PM
druemac
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bull bars and rear tyre holders

Have recently gotten the LX570..I live in the Northern Territory of Australia and have not as yet through ARB or any other after market supplier been able to find
a proper bullbar or rear tyre carrier, since I wish to put a larger tank underneath and get rid of the spare wheel. The 200 series landcruiser has all these after market options but the 570 is badly lacking..Help anybody!?, it would be appreciated...without a bull bar and I mean a full bar not just a nudge version,the possibility of kangaroo damage is very high http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...milies/sad.gif
Old 08-16-11, 11:09 PM
Surfy
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi druemac

You can use all LC 200 Komponents!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lx5...ar-anyone.html

But you have to proove your suspencion, specially if you have AHC.

Surfy
Old 08-21-11, 03:20 AM
druemac
Driver School Candidate

Default Prooving suspension

Could you please qualify that statement
thanks, Druemac
Old 09-21-11, 12:17 PM
PMan
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can use the bull bar and tire carrier for a 200 series LC on the LX570.....other than the badges, lights, and interior they are the exact same vehicle. The chassis is the same and all major suspension components are the exact same on both. You may lose the headlight washers with the bull bar, but that is about it.

The same hold true for the 80 series LC/LX450 and 100 series LC/LX470.......the LXs are just LCs with nicer interiors.

Check IH8MUD, there is alot more info there as it a LandCrusier/LX specific site

Old 06-26-19, 04:44 PM
bigmuddy11
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Surfy
Hi druemac

You can use all LC 200 Komponents!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lx5...ar-anyone.html

But you have to proove your suspencion, specially if you have AHC.

Surfy
HI can you please explain what you mean by proove your suspension? I am about to purchase a 2008 LX570, either prestige or sports luxury, and need to have a good steel bull bar fitted due to the kanga-hoppies and dumb lost cows on my local roads. I am holding off purchasing till I know I can get one fitted and still have all features like the airbags and front camera still work properly.
Old 06-26-19, 09:01 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 425 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by bigmuddy11
HI can you please explain what you mean by proove your suspension? I am about to purchase a 2008 LX570, either prestige or sports luxury, and need to have a good steel bull bar fitted due to the kanga-hoppies and dumb lost cows on my local roads. I am holding off purchasing till I know I can get one fitted and still have all features like the airbags and front camera still work properly.
You are in THE heart of series 200 aftermarket parts...we can get them here but shipping is stiff.

I'd suggest checking Slee's selection of 200 parts, I know they were working on a bumper. http://sleeoffroad.com

I think "proving" the suspension relates to some paranoia about using the LX's AHC system off road. Most complaints come from folks who cannot remember the last fluid change

Toyota recommends 2 years / 30K miles if the truck is used off road, pulling a trailer, etc. Toyota's AHC fluid is what to use...no substitutes.
Old 06-26-19, 09:07 PM
bigmuddy11
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hankinid
You are in THE heart of series 200 aftermarket parts...we can get them here but shipping is stiff.

I'd suggest checking Slee's selection of 200 parts, I know they were working on a bumper. http://sleeoffroad.com

I think "proving" the suspension relates to some paranoia about using the LX's AHC system off road. Most complaints come from folks who cannot remember the last fluid change

Toyota recommends 2 years / 30K miles if the truck is used off road, pulling a trailer, etc. Toyota's AHC fluid is what to use...no substitutes.
Thanks, I have no plans on taking her off road ( as in 4wd mudding / playing ) worst it will go through may be an occasional corrugated dirt/gravel road.
Old 06-28-19, 01:36 PM
jflail2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hankinid

What are the specific concerns with the AHC system and off roading? I don't plan on heavy off roading in the near-term, but if the opportunity presents itself.....
Old 06-28-19, 11:14 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 425 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by jflail2
What are the specific concerns with the AHC system and off roading? I don't plan on heavy off roading in the near-term, but if the opportunity presents itself.....
AHC concerns to me are unwarranted, assuming the AHC fluid is changed per Toyota's recommendation of every 60K or 2 years for 'normal' driving, and 30K / 1 year for pulling a trailer, lots of in-town driving, dirt-fire roads, etc. If neglected, fixing is not inexpensive. Properly maintained, the failure rate is something I don't worry about...the AHC has the same general reliability as the rest of the truck. On older trucks, some remove the AHC to get to bedrock simplicity, and save a bit of weight.
Old 07-03-19, 08:08 AM
jflail2
Driver School Candidate

Thanks han. I'll have to be sure to note in my records to have them touch the AHC every year, as 90% of my driving are 10-30 minute city trips. I'm also seeing a lot of posts on here regarding adding a reserve gas tank in place of the spare tire. Is that something that would null the warranty? Thinking I might do best to wait until my factory warranty has expired prior to adding a reserve tank.