LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Is LX570 come with HID headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-11, 10:21 AM
BLKSC400
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This guy did a retrofit on his older Land Cruiser, better cutoff than mine but the light output seems close.

It makes night driving very plesant now, huge difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeLYsjmPrZc
Old 10-25-11, 11:22 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKSC400
This guy did a retrofit on his older Land Cruiser, better cutoff than mine but the light output seems close.

It makes night driving very plesant now, huge difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeLYsjmPrZc
nice. i guess the only challenge for the lx570 is the afs, so it's harder to install hid kits and make sure allow enough movement
Old 11-03-11, 01:04 PM
BLKSC400
Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
nice. i guess the only challenge for the lx570 is the afs, so it's harder to install hid kits and make sure allow enough movement

AFS works wonders in my LS, but you may be right about it being a pain installings HIDs on vehicles with the system.

Time to call him out again.....

Old 11-03-11, 02:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

AFS works wonders in my LS, but you may be right about it being a pain installings HIDs on vehicles with the system.

Time to call him out again.....

lol, he must be very busy

i have seen lx570 with hid kits installed and works fine, but i have seen those with afs light too. problem is when the kit is installed, you want to leave enough room and wire so the afs can work and turn the headlights. otherwise the system thinks something is wrong and triggers the light
Old 11-04-11, 06:19 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

lol, he must be very busy

i have seen lx570 with hid kits installed and works fine, but i have seen those with afs light too. problem is when the kit is installed, you want to leave enough room and wire so the afs can work and turn the headlights. otherwise the system thinks something is wrong and triggers the light

I have them on mine (installed them last November), and AFS works, but yes... it was a major, major, major pain in the rear end to get it right. I'm way too retentive to have left it with the AFS light flashing.

Troubleshooting was a long process. I began by removing the covers to both headlights, and the light didn't flash, which was good (as in, the AFS system was still functioning). I then reinstalled one, and then reversed and confirmed my fear: the one with the problem was the driver's side, for which access is rather limited. Two hours later (and after a lot of small cuts on my hands), I was done.

There are a few wires and a space that is tight and not symmetrical (when the headlight is in its "neutral" position). So, it was not as simple as leaving enough of a service loop (as I originally did): it was about leaving enough, but not too much, and then routing the bends in the appropriate direction(s) inside the headlight housing - it took a lot, and I mean, a lot of observation and trial-and-error to replicate what I pulled off on the passenger side in one shot!

I love the finished product but absolutely hated doing this installation on the LX - not the product's fault, for the record. I love the lights, and Steve at XenonDepot is a pleasure to deal with.
Old 11-04-11, 08:45 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

my goodness, just reading your post sounds so painful already....
Old 11-04-11, 09:49 AM
caha14
Racer

my goodness, just reading your post sounds so painful already....
LOL! It was a bit painful, but definitely worth it. I could've just as easily gotten lucky with the driver's side as I did with the passenger's side (where I just made sure there was enough "extra" wiring inside the housing), but it just didn't happen.

None of these "quick and easy" projects ever go quickly for me... All the wiring has to be routed perfectly, etc. I also refuse to drill into the vehicle and have used industrial strength velcro to attach ballasts, etc., both on this and on my old GX470. Of course, this then means that I have to position everything in the right place so that I can use zip ties to provide some redundancy in case the velcro fails, so that pieces are not flying all over the engine compartment.

Also, in this particular case, I did have to do some quick disassembly/reassembly of the XD harness in order to get the right connection inside the headlight housing to plug into the OEM headlight plug. This was only because I had bought a slightly older kit.

Steve was kind enough to offer me a new harness, which I appreciated, but I just bit the bullet and got it done just as easily, removing the connector, feeding the individual wires through the rubber grommet and reattaching the connector.

I actually intended to post about what the process was for me back when I did this, but it's been non-stop for me, so I never got around to it.

The lights do make such a difference, and it is nice to look at the finished product. I would definitely buy another kit from XD in a heartbeat.
Old 11-04-11, 11:15 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

hahhaa, funny enough, we are considering either the gx470 or the lx570. i believe the gx470 is very easy to do, and if we really get the lx570 i definitely want hid. if that really happens maybe i will need to bug you
Old 11-04-11, 01:35 PM
BLKSC400
Driver

Chairman says sorry to make you work hard!

Old 11-04-11, 04:28 PM
caha14
Racer

hahhaa, funny enough, we are considering either the gx470 or the lx570. i believe the gx470 is very easy to do, and if we really get the lx570 i definitely want hid. if that really happens maybe i will need to bug you
Happy to help in any way I can! The light bulb part is much easier in the GX, not just because of the AFS part but also because there are no covers to drill on, etc. It's still an interesting packaging problem on the driver's side, but overall it wasn't too complicated.
Old 11-04-11, 04:32 PM
caha14
Racer

Chairman says sorry to make you work hard!

Apology accepted, Mr. Chairman!

I'll have to figure out what I want to ask him for, for my troubles
Old 11-07-11, 02:21 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

caha14,

Thanks for taking the time to post up some feedback about the XenonDepot HID kit =)

Glad you're still enjoying your lights =)

Steve
Old 07-10-13, 02:34 PM
coloradolx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by caha14
I have them on mine (installed them last November), and AFS works, but yes... it was a major, major, major pain in the rear end to get it right. I'm way too retentive to have left it with the AFS light flashing.

Troubleshooting was a long process. I began by removing the covers to both headlights, and the light didn't flash, which was good (as in, the AFS system was still functioning). I then reinstalled one, and then reversed and confirmed my fear: the one with the problem was the driver's side, for which access is rather limited. Two hours later (and after a lot of small cuts on my hands), I was done.

There are a few wires and a space that is tight and not symmetrical (when the headlight is in its "neutral" position). So, it was not as simple as leaving enough of a service loop (as I originally did): it was about leaving enough, but not too much, and then routing the bends in the appropriate direction(s) inside the headlight housing - it took a lot, and I mean, a lot of observation and trial-and-error to replicate what I pulled off on the passenger side in one shot!

I love the finished product but absolutely hated doing this installation on the LX - not the product's fault, for the record. I love the lights, and Steve at XenonDepot is a pleasure to deal with.
Hey is there anyway you can take some pics so I know how it looks like and where everything goes...I wanna do it in my car but I haven't even seen what anything looks like under the plastic cover. If i see it and it looks easy then I will try it. Thanks if you have the time.
Old 07-10-13, 08:39 PM
chiggy
Driver School Candidate

Default LX570 and HID

Originally Posted by ohiois350
Hi all the LX 570 owner's I am thinking to buy the LX, but I wonder do they come with HID? I know the LX 470 didn't have that as an option? I wonder such as a expensive truck don't come with HID
I live in Sydney Australia and my previous Lexux LX470 had HID main beam and my current 2010 LX570 has the same. I'm not sure but I think the low beam maybe HID as well.
Old 07-11-13, 01:03 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by chiggy
I live in Sydney Australia and my previous Lexux LX470 had HID main beam and my current 2010 LX570 has the same. I'm not sure but I think the low beam maybe HID as well.
other regions outside of the US (or NA?) have HIDs. for some reason here we never had it until 2013 LX

Quick Reply: Is LX570 come with HID headlights?