LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Biggest Jameel's LX570 Camp, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Old 04-14-11, 10:07 PM
cenix
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those are some cool action shots! really nicely done.
Old 04-30-11, 02:14 PM
LexusLX
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

May God bless you all
Thank you a bunch
Old 05-22-11, 03:44 PM
I-FORCE
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
thanks for the info! so because of the demand and that supply can't meet the demand quick enough, a lot of people there just buy cars shipped from here huh?

again, fantastic event!

Nice work.. thats really interesting; Our dealer is too cheap to arrange for such an event.

The reasons 'LexusLX' and 'LX570Power' stated for Middle Easterners exporting LX trucks from the US are both correct. However, the main reason IMO is the power difference. Due to the harsh climate of the Middle East, Lexus have detuned the 3UR to 367BHP Gross or 342BHP Net. US-Spec'd 570s are 381BHP. Consider that with a lower price and availability, you've got yourself a no brainer.

However, US-Spec vehicles do have some drawbacks which keeps many more who are interested from pulling the trigger. Firstly, English units allover instead of metric (which is widely used in this part of the world). The navigation control Module needs to be completely swapped with an ME unit (which costs a little under $2000) to support GCC maps. The FM radio doesnt work well in this part of the world either because most of our radio chanels end with an even number while American radio's only offer odd frequencies (e.g. 92.6 is not possible on an American-spec radio since intervals will go from 92.5-92.7 - 92.6 is non existant). Lets not go into prices of an LX570's stereo head unit . Lastly, not a drawback most would consider but i certainly got annoyed by it when my bro got his American Spec LC200.. The full beam light. GCC-Spec LC and LX models from the 100-series platform offered the strongest full beam lighting ever fit to an automobile. The HID light puts out 315000 candle power while US-Specifications limit automotive lighting below 200000 candle power. Thats a little over 30% less lighting and its halogen. Landcruiser full beam lights work wonders offroad at night, American-spec lighting is simply inadequate being an LC, an LX or even a Tundra.

Hope this helps, apologies for going off topic
Old 05-23-11, 08:53 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

very very good information there I-FORCE, thanks for the insight!!!
Old 05-27-11, 02:53 PM
lwfabs
Driver School Candidate

thanks man

for this great pics
Old 05-27-11, 02:55 PM
yrbender
Driver School Candidate

Sweet pics. Thanks for sharing. In the US we have a dealer day and drive over speed bumps. Not the little ones either the big ones at the mall!! We have land rover events which are awesome but nothing fo the LX.
Old 06-21-11, 01:58 PM
LexusLX
Rookie

Thanks guys,
Keep visiting the post.

Old 06-27-11, 11:31 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

another reason people import them is because of price...well at least i kuwait, a fully loaded lx570 will cost you alittle over 100k us with todays exchange, and as much as I love my LX its not worth that much considering the compitetion ( nissan patrol ) fully loaded would cost you around 70k and is just as good in every way if not better in others.
Old 07-03-11, 10:13 PM
I-FORCE
Driver

Originally Posted by biggie27
another reason people import them is because of price...well at least i kuwait, a fully loaded lx570 will cost you alittle over 100k us with todays exchange, and as much as I love my LX its not worth that much considering the compitetion ( nissan patrol ) fully loaded would cost you around 70k and is just as good in every way if not better in others.
Absolutely not.. I own a 2010 Nissan Patrol LE - City VIP so it basically hard loaded and does not compete with the LX; im not sure it would compete with the landcruiser interms of an honest-to-god go anywhere truck. The only upsides with the Patrol is the power and options; it may have a few more bells and whistles in comparison with the Toyota counterparts like the cool offroad display, birds-eye view monitor, lane departure warning and rectifier etc.. No one can deny that it is a very powerful truck but thats where it ends. Quality does not compare, seats are uncomfortable on the longrun, transmission's always hunting for gears, steering is detached from the road, their "industry first" body-motion control (basically an evolution of Toyota's KDSS which doesnt work half as well) feels very artificial and unpredictable, not enough wheel articulation for offroading and the multi-link rear suspension setup is a disaster. The truck seems to share many mechanical and suspension components with the M56.. Not a good thing; you then have resale value which isn't even close to that of Toyotas and being a Nissan, you've got a doubted predicted reliability.. Ive generally had very bad luck with Nissans malfunctioning but im hoping the Patrol is a different case.

When i got the Patrol i thought the same, i knew from day one its not an LX but i thought its alot of car for the money in comparison but the real world has proven otherwise. You ultimately get what you pay for on this. Nothing beats an LC/LX those trucks are engineered for a reason.

BTW for anyone who isn't familiar with the Nissan Patrol, its practically an Infiniti QX56 with some cosmetic differences, mainly a nicer front end.. Ill post pics if anyone's interested.

Anyways thats my opinion, others may differ but im honestly not exaggerating nor am i being biased. This is the unfortunate truth. I got this truck, kept it for a few months and then got the Tundra instead. I couldnt be happier and if i could afford an LX i would have went for that in a heart-beat but the truck made alot more sense for my needs. My dad took over the Patrol as it was time for him to upgrade his 2006 LX470. He likes the Patrol alot but also agrees with the fact that you get what you pay for. He always talks about about how much better built the 470 is, and that his next trade would be back to a Lexus.

Last edited by I-FORCE; 07-03-11 at 10:33 PM.
Old 07-05-11, 07:14 AM
DOC4LEX
Pole Position

damn i never knew you can have so much fun with the LX on Sand Dunes of Arabia.
Old 07-10-11, 07:37 AM
Rykster
Pole Position

Wow! That looks like it was a lot of fun.
Old 07-16-11, 12:44 PM
LexusLX
Rookie

Smile

Originally Posted by I-FORCE
Absolutely not.. I own a 2010 Nissan Patrol LE - City VIP so it basically hard loaded and does not compete with the LX; im not sure it would compete with the landcruiser interms of an honest-to-god go anywhere truck. The only upsides with the Patrol is the power and options; it may have a few more bells and whistles in comparison with the Toyota counterparts like the cool offroad display, birds-eye view monitor, lane departure warning and rectifier etc.. No one can deny that it is a very powerful truck but thats where it ends. Quality does not compare, seats are uncomfortable on the longrun, transmission's always hunting for gears, steering is detached from the road, their "industry first" body-motion control (basically an evolution of Toyota's KDSS which doesnt work half as well) feels very artificial and unpredictable, not enough wheel articulation for offroading and the multi-link rear suspension setup is a disaster. The truck seems to share many mechanical and suspension components with the M56.. Not a good thing; you then have resale value which isn't even close to that of Toyotas and being a Nissan, you've got a doubted predicted reliability.. Ive generally had very bad luck with Nissans malfunctioning but im hoping the Patrol is a different case.

When i got the Patrol i thought the same, i knew from day one its not an LX but i thought its alot of car for the money in comparison but the real world has proven otherwise. You ultimately get what you pay for on this. Nothing beats an LC/LX those trucks are engineered for a reason.

BTW for anyone who isn't familiar with the Nissan Patrol, its practically an Infiniti QX56 with some cosmetic differences, mainly a nicer front end.. Ill post pics if anyone's interested.

Anyways thats my opinion, others may differ but im honestly not exaggerating nor am i being biased. This is the unfortunate truth. I got this truck, kept it for a few months and then got the Tundra instead. I couldnt be happier and if i could afford an LX i would have went for that in a heart-beat but the truck made alot more sense for my needs. My dad took over the Patrol as it was time for him to upgrade his 2006 LX470. He likes the Patrol alot but also agrees with the fact that you get what you pay for. He always talks about about how much better built the 470 is, and that his next trade would be back to a Lexus.
Man, I rais my Eqal (hat) for you..
Very honest and straight forward opinion about the new Nissan Patrol.
Very good write-up.
Best.
Old 08-23-12, 09:58 AM
familyGX47
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lexus Cars made for the US

Hello,
Does any one know if Lexus cars shipped from the US need any modifications before it can be used for the Saudi market?
I am not sure about the gasoline in KSA, is it leaded Gas?
If it is, then the Catalytic converter, need to be replaced becasue the lead in Gasoline will plug it and could damage the engine.
How about the ECU (may be related to Gasoline)?
Are Saudi maps available for the Naviation system?
I appreciate clarification. As I am thinking of shipping both of our Lexus cars (2007 GX470 and 2012 IS 250) to KSA but not sure of the complications.
Old 08-24-12, 02:45 AM
03LX470
Intermediate

Originally Posted by I-FORCE

+1

I first got the Patrol in 320hp then in 400hp version with all the technology package you mentioned. I loved it. In fact i may have a post on here praising the Patrol and wishing Lexus would offer similar technology options on the 2012/13 facelift.

Guess what Lexus didn't bring any new technology options (expect overturn) but I'm still back in a 2012 LX570 and sold for the Patrol for the same reasons you mentioned (low quality materials, etc.). But in all fairness I do miss the throttle response and power of the Patrol. Even with 20" rims and low profile tyres it could go anywhere effortlessly in the desert.

For the record, we have been having a LX in the family since around 2002/2003. We just upgrade them every 2-3 years to a newer model year so our opinion could be biased.
Old 08-24-12, 02:53 AM
03LX470
Intermediate

Originally Posted by familyGX47
Hello,
Does any one know if Lexus cars shipped from the US need any modifications before it can be used for the Saudi market?
I am not sure about the gasoline in KSA, is it leaded Gas?
If it is, then the Catalytic converter, need to be replaced becasue the lead in Gasoline will plug it and could damage the engine.
How about the ECU (may be related to Gasoline)?
Are Saudi maps available for the Naviation system?
I appreciate clarification. As I am thinking of shipping both of our Lexus cars (2007 GX470 and 2012 IS 250) to KSA but not sure of the complications.
There are hundreds (if not more) of Lexus being imported from the US into UAE and Saudi or into Saudi via UAE. Haven't heard of any technical modifications being required in the UAE. In fact, I have personally imported a couple of Lexus from the US back in the days when the manufacturer was not offering all the options in this market and US spec Lexus looked / felt more luxurious. No issues. UAE has unleaded gas so if thats not the case in Saudi you might need some modification. Perhaps you can have a friend in Saudi ask some of the used car dealers there who have / sell US spec Lexus on their lots. They would probably have all the right information.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Biggest Jameel's LX570 Camp, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia