LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Waiting on My 2010 LX 570....Can't wait. It is due

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-09, 04:18 PM
AUcntrctr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Waiting on My 2010 LX 570....Can't wait. It is due

in Nov. 20th. We own a 430 however I can't remember being briefed on the car. What can I expect? What should I ask and be sure they explain? I am taking delivery in Brentwood Tn.

Last edited by AUcntrctr; 11-06-09 at 04:22 PM.
Old 11-06-09, 05:23 PM
mikeivan
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My sales person went over everything. Programming the phone is complicated. Recording to the HD is simple. The Nav is simple. You are going to love this vehicle, my wife has a 430 and prefers my 570 for ride and seats and view.
Old 11-06-09, 07:57 PM
ERC4
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AUcntrctr
in Nov. 20th. We own a 430 however I can't remember being briefed on the car. What can I expect? What should I ask and be sure they explain? I am taking delivery in Brentwood Tn.
Congrats. You're very fortunate. My LX has been on special order since August 18th. It was originally scheduled for November 10th delivery until the LX plant was hit by the October 8th Japanese typhoon which closed the plant and damaged a number of LX's. My delivery date is now December 18th. Enjoy the new ride.
Old 11-06-09, 10:17 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ERC4
until the LX plant was hit by the October 8th Japanese typhoon which closed the plant and damaged a number of LX's. .
I heard from a Lexus Canada employee that some of these (not all) LX570's that were damaged wiill be fixed and then shipped to dealers in the United States and Canada.
Old 11-07-09, 10:20 AM
ERC4
Driver

Originally Posted by pagemaster
I heard from a Lexus Canada employee that some of these (not all) LX570's that were damaged wiill be fixed and then shipped to dealers in the United States and Canada.
That's exactly what my dealer told me. Production of new LX's stopped so they could spend time repairing vehicles that were damaged while they waited to be shipped.
Old 11-08-09, 05:12 PM
AUcntrctr
Driver School Candidate

Default That's not good. I hope mine is not one of the "damaged"

units. I wonder how I could tell and you can bet that I will be checking my 570 over with a critical eye. It is black so any blemishes will be easy to spot.

After some research I can't find any info regarding damaged LX's. When I made the purchase I was told that the truck would take approx. 4 weeks to reach the dealership in Brentwood, Tn and if it gets here 11/20 it will be within the 4 weeks.

If any of you has any information or links to sources the inf. would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by AUcntrctr; 11-08-09 at 06:03 PM.
Old 11-08-09, 08:25 PM
ERC4
Driver

units. I wonder how I could tell and you can bet that I will be checking my 570 over with a critical eye. It is black so any blemishes will be easy to spot.

After some research I can't find any info regarding damaged LX's. When I made the purchase I was told that the truck would take approx. 4 weeks to reach the dealership in Brentwood, Tn and if it gets here 11/20 it will be within the 4 weeks.

If any of you has any information or links to sources the inf. would be greatly appreciated.
Try to find the build date. If it's after October 8th, you're definitely OK. If it's before then, it might not have been damaged or you hope that Lexus won't sell any vehicle that's not restored to pristine condition.
Old 11-09-09, 11:50 AM
jimmyford1
Driver

[QUOTE=AUcntrctr;4991576]units. I wonder how I could tell and you can bet that I will be checking my 570 over with a critical eye. It is black so any blemishes will be easy to spot.

For 80k +/- you expect perfection? lol You should. I'm sure it will be. Enjoy!
Old 11-09-09, 01:37 PM
AUcntrctr
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys. ERC4 do you have the Mark Levenson sound system? I am really looking forward to mine and hope I can figure out all of the bells and whistles. I have an Iphone and I am excited about the USB connection. This truck will definitely be an upgrade from my Denali.
Old 11-09-09, 08:45 PM
ERC4
Driver

Thanks guys. ERC4 do you have the Mark Levenson sound system? I am really looking forward to mine and hope I can figure out all of the bells and whistles. I have an Iphone and I am excited about the USB connection. This truck will definitely be an upgrade from my Denali.
Yes, my LX is coming with the Mark Levinson stereo. It's now a no-cost option for 2010 (versus $3,300 in 2009) so it'll probably be on every LX out there. A salesman played an audio DVD on it for me and the sound was the best I've ever heard in a vehicle. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Old 11-14-09, 10:28 PM
clipsmeyer
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

did they remove the ability to store audio on the HDD on the 2010s? our 2008 has where you can store cd's to the hard drive, but our 2010 doesnt have that option, it does have the mark levinson audio system on it.

thanks
Chris
Old 11-15-09, 07:22 AM
ERC4
Driver

Default They Cheaped Out on the HDD

Originally Posted by clipsmeyer
did they remove the ability to store audio on the HDD on the 2010s? our 2008 has where you can store cd's to the hard drive, but our 2010 doesnt have that option, it does have the mark levinson audio system on it.

thanks
Chris
Chris,

I just went through the 09 and '10 owners manuals online and you're absolutely right. They cheaped out on the HDD for 2010. That's fairly amazing when you consider how many sub-30K vehicles now come with a HDD. I guess they figured it was an either/or situation between the HDD and the new USB port for MP3's. It's a bad deal for me since I'm an old-schooler w/o an MP3 player. Disappointing, but not a deal-killer since I'm buying it because I believe it's the single safest vehicle out there for my wife and kids.
Old 11-15-09, 03:56 PM
AUcntrctr
Driver School Candidate

Default How did you get access to the Owner's manuals?

I am picking up my LX570 Friday so I would like to get a head start of the learning curve. By the way the brochures still say that you can load sonds on the hard drive of the Mark Levenson sound system.

Last edited by AUcntrctr; 11-15-09 at 04:50 PM.
Old 11-15-09, 05:29 PM
ERC4
Driver

I am picking up my LX570 Friday so I would like to get a head start of the learning curve. By the way the brochures still say that you can load sonds on the hard drive of the Mark Levenson sound system.
Use this link-
https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...nual-search.do

Insert your year, vehicle and whether you want the owners manual, nav manual, etc. You can even search for key words. Let me know if the link does not work.

Gene
Old 11-15-09, 05:49 PM
AUcntrctr
Driver School Candidate

Smile Thanks

You have been a great help

Quick Reply: Waiting on My 2010 LX 570....Can't wait. It is due