LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

My long term test evaluation of LX 570

Old 11-15-08, 12:36 PM
larry8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation My long term test evaluation of LX 570

Dear members.
I took my Lexus on quite a long journey from Wisconsin to Washington and did a lot of
Testing and found out quite a bit about my car.
1st the ride is excellent.
The car feels very solid.
The seats are very comfortable on long trips
The DVD is great for people in the back seat to watch movies while traveling and if you’re not moving and have the car in park and the parking brake on, you can watch the DVD in the front seat.
Gas that was mixed with alcohol even though cheaper at the pump, gives very poor mileage compared to gas without the alcohol. The net result was that cheaper gas at the pump results in poor MPG and the cost is higher for the same distance traveled resulting in higher emissions because you need to burn a lot more gas for the same distance traveled with just plain 92 octane without the alcohol.
Some things I did not like about the car is that the GPS does not cover Alaska. The one place I need it since I live there. If I want a GPS for Alaska, then I need to buy GPS like Garmin or TOM TOM or any of the other brands, where Alaska is there by default.
The other think that I don't like is that this car does not come with a tire pressure module that will accept two sets of tires. Like a summer tire set (A) and a winter tire set (B). It is useless to buy another set of rims for mounting the second set of tires because the LX can only accept 5 pressure monitors and if you want to have your winter set of tires to be monitored, you have to go the Lexus dealer and have the summer tire pressure sensor erased and then put your winter tires sensors ID coded into the car. And if you do that you need to write down the codes on all the tires so that when you go to have your summer tires put back on the car you have those codes.
you need to have the serial numbers of each of the summer tires on a piece of paper and winter tires so the Lexus dealer can put those tires ID back into the tire pressure monitoring system. and back and forth. If you don’t write these numbers down, then your tires must be removed from the rim so that the numbers can be written down and then placed electronically into the tire pressure monitor system. I was surprise to say the least that they do not have a A and B switch that you can switch back and forth for each set of tires you have on rims.
And the last thing that I really don’t like is that I can’t start my car up on a below zero weather and go back into the house or work. You cannot lock the doors while the engine is running making you a target for theft if anyone ever sees your car idling with no driver in the car.

The 09 may have some of these things fixed, but the 08 are just like I have pointed out.
Old 11-15-08, 02:19 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for sharing your impressions! About the tire pressure monitoring system, that's a good idea to have the ability to remember two sets of tires, the Lexus IS-F comes with that ability standard (racing/normal sets of tires), they should add that to the LX 570.
Old 11-15-08, 04:25 PM
retrospexo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome info man, great details. thanks for the input
Old 11-16-08, 07:01 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 494 Likes on 375 Posts

I also do not like the fact that I can not lock the vehicle with the engine running and walk away. What was Lexus thinking of. It has to know my FOB is in my pocket and not getting locked in as my 570 beeps as I walk away.