Performance Parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-08, 11:28 PM
Q8_LX570
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Performance Parts

Hello,

Im looking for performance parts! any recommendation ?

Ex. Air intake system, exhaust system, headers ! what so ever

I just smoked up a supercharged Range Rover, and

im looking forward for more
Old 08-07-08, 01:05 AM
forgiato
Driver School Candidate

Hey

I have installed full exhaust system + headers, awesome performance and beautiful sound.

check this out

http://www.skylineexhausts.com/
Old 08-07-08, 06:28 AM
mrsardar
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Q8_LX570
Hello,

You might want to look at the new Toyota Tundra 5.7 V8, performance parts by TRD. Please see the URL http://www.toyota.com/tundra/accessories.html and as well I believe Lexus has introduced F-sport 22 inch wheel for the LX 570 you can see it in lexus.com under LX 570 accessories page.
Old 08-07-08, 06:51 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Q8_LX570
Hello,

Sorry but honestly, you bought the wrong SUV. I think that a BMW X6 or Porsche Cayenne would have been a far better choice.
Old 08-08-08, 03:35 PM
03LX470
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

forgiato

That sounds interesting...could you post some pics of your car with the exhaust & headers? Is it dual or quad exhaust pipes for the exhaust?

Thanks
Old 08-12-08, 08:49 AM
OBI_agent
Rookie

Originally Posted by forgiato
Hey

I have installed full exhaust system + headers, awesome performance and beautiful sound.

check this out

http://www.skylineexhausts.com/
Damn....I gotto check your car out bro!
Old 03-12-09, 02:27 AM
LexusLX
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 03LX470
forgiato

That sounds interesting...could you post some pics of your car with the exhaust & headers? Is it dual or quad exhaust pipes for the exhaust?

Thanks

Yeh What did you do for exhaust ?
Old 05-21-17, 08:20 PM
starbai
Intermediate

Anyone know of any aftermarket exhausts? (Other than the ones posted 8 years ago above)?
Old 05-22-17, 01:27 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by starbai
Anyone know of any aftermarket exhausts? (Other than the ones posted 8 years ago above)?
Doug Thorley did a bunch of header development, not sure who did the cat-back exhaust. Ask the same question in the 200 series forum on ih8mud.com. "Cold Air" intakes are sucker bait as the engine already receives cold air from inside the inner front fender. Also realize that the wrong cat-back exhaust can cause enough droning at highway speed to start thinking about doing away with both yourself and the truck. Beware of any ads or posts that talk about the engine being the same as a large air compressor. If 'Yota could grab a few more hp or ft. lbs. of torque, they would. That said, if you believe a company like K&N could engineer an intake better than Toyota, I'd like to offer to sell you a large orange bridge between San Francisco and Marin county.
Old 05-22-17, 08:43 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hankinid
I'd like to offer to sell you a large orange bridge between San Francisco and Marin county.
LOL, But it is not yours to sell
Old 05-22-17, 09:36 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DocT
LOL, But it is not yours to sell
Doc, you are correct. But if you believe the K&N increases anything but noise, i'd expect you'd also believe that a bridge is for sale and I own the bridge.

It might be different if a test facility not associated with the cold air manufacturers actually compared a cold air intake v. oem. I've not seen that happen. In addition, if it's an oiled filter, a bit too much oil may foul the MAF sensor.

Close to the topic, supercharging is a viable alternative, with either a Magnuson (sp??) or TRD Tundra blower. A correct installation needs to happen through a shop familiar with the technology, as an extra fuel nozzle may need to be installed at the rear of the engine, an oil separator should be added that's not included in the TRD kit, etc. if you're looking for long term reliability. $7K-ish for the blower, no idea of installation costs. I don't mind wrenching on my 200 whatsoever and I considered a timing belt R&R on wife's 100 to be no big deal, but dropping in a blower is not something I'd attempt.

Installed, the blower will drop 0-60 to a little over 4 seconds. Personally, a little over 7 seconds is fine with me on a truck that weighs 5900 lbs. with a full tank and me and my cattle dog.
IMO, there is still no substitute for cubic inches in a heavy vehicle

Bunches of more SC info on mud if you're interested.

Last edited by hankinid; 05-22-17 at 09:52 PM.
Old 05-22-17, 09:55 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hankinid
Doc, you are correct. But if you believe the K&N increases anything but noise, i'd expect you'd also believe that a bridge is for sale and I own the bridge.

It might be different if a test facility not associated with the cold air manufacturers actually compared a cold air intake v. oem. I've not seen that happen. In addition, if it's an oiled filter, a bit too much oil may foul the MAF sensor.
Your comment was hilarious and I like it . However, you are correct...... it is a scam about increasing HP, but some one would fall for it. The only good thing about it is re-usable. One can wash it off and spray the oil on it and it is good to go again.

Neither am I interested in HP for this heavy truck. The truck is fine, it is not a race car, but rather family car. I already have a race car and installed supercharger, which is sitting in the garage. That would suffice when I have an itch for it.

Last edited by DocT; 05-22-17 at 10:05 PM.
Old 05-22-17, 10:08 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DocT
Your comment was hilarious and I like it . However, you are correct...... it is a scam about increasing HP, but some one would fall for it. The only good thing about it is re-usable. One can wash it off and spray the oil on it and it is good to go again.
I'll grant you reuseability, but I do value time. Both wife's LX and my Land Cruiser get serviced yearly sometime in the fall. Oil filters are replaced with oil changes, air and fuel filters every 2 years regardless of mileage. I use TRD oil filters, and NAPA Gold or Platinum or Mobil 1 filters for fuel, air, and cabin. In the case of NAPA, they're on sale at 50% off twice a year. So, with two 'Yota products, a Dodge with Cummins to tow wife's horses, 3 diesel tractors, and 2 ATV's means I can not only save a bunch of $$, but also have the parts on the shelf when I need them. The only vehicle with an oiled filter is my dirt bike, and that can be cleaned, re-oiled, and reinstalled in less than 10 minutes or so.

What do you have in the way of a racer?

Last edited by hankinid; 05-22-17 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-30-17, 09:49 PM
danielTRLK
Lead Lap

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

oh no! oiled air filters are so bad for engines. stay away from them they will eat your engine over time.

Air filters should be replaced every 10k. Your air filter is more important than your oil filter. Stick with cheap air filters or new oiled filters every time.