LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Cupholders....or lack thereof.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-08, 09:56 PM
trusso
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cupholders....or lack thereof.....

So one more complaint, right behind the air conditioned seats....
There are 2 cupholders up front and kind of two in the center console. The 470 had two, then two more in the center (that didnt involve moving the center console contents) and another two for the rear seat that was easy to reach from the front.
I know its not major but my wife made mention of it over the weekend and now I am realizing it.
I see that there is some sort of bottle holder in the door that looks like it can fir a wine bottle although California law does not take the whole "open wine bottle in the front seat" thing too lightly.
Anyone else notice about this or is it just me (my wife)?
Old 06-24-08, 09:14 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

The bottle holders are in all the doors. I find them quite handy for bottled water. Between these and two in the front console and two in the back console, that is dedicated space for at least 8 bottles of water.

It works for me.
Old 06-24-08, 10:19 PM
hendjaz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just completed a road trip from Phoenix area to Seattle (via I-5 mainly so went through lots of CA, OR and WA) in the LX with two adults, two kids and one golden retreiver. Used every one of the available cup and bottle holders, except the third row area that was consumed by luggage, retreiver etc. Took along a soft cooler to keep the pop and water cool for the trip and found the beverage accomodations just fine. Having a built-in beverage cooler would have been a welcome but not necessary addition.

An unrelated footnote, radar detector went off early and often throughout CA with CHPS everywhere. Forgot we had the detector active once entered OR and WA as state patrol was not very evident. May have something to do with the relatively slower drivers in the NW.

Additonal footnote on beverages. Most of the temperatures throughout the trip were in triple digits until OR and then in the 80s and then 70s in WA so many beverages (mostly water) were consumed during the trip. Frequent changeout of the empty bottles to replace with full ones. Needless to say, the LX and the AC system in particular performed perfectly throughout. Not even a hiccup at any point.

Last edited by hendjaz; 06-24-08 at 10:30 PM.
Old 06-24-08, 10:23 PM
lexxtasy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hendjaz
Just completed a road trip from Phoenix area to Seattle (via I-5 mainly so went through lots of CA, OR and WA) in the LX with two adults, two kids and one golden retreiver. Used every one of the available cup and bottle holders, except the third row area that was consumed by luggage, retreiver etc. Took along a soft cooler to keep the pop and water cool for the trip and found the beverage accomodations just fine. Having a built-in beverage cooler would have been a welcome but not necessary addition.

An unrelated footnote, radar detector went off early and often throughout CA with CHPS everywhere. Forgot we had the detector active once entered OR and WA as state patrol was not very evident. May have something to do with the relatively slower drivers in the NW.
I think the bottle water holders in the door is a pretty smart idea

The cooler box available here in Canada for the LX-570 is actually pretty handy because it can hold about close to 6 bottles of water...so thats 14 if you count the cooler + 2 front + 2 back + 4 door holders

Yes yes I will post pics tomorrowof the cooler and smart card key....good nite
Old 06-24-08, 11:26 PM
trusso
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
The bottle holders are in all the doors. I find them quite handy for bottled water. Between these and two in the front console and two in the back console, that is dedicated space for at least 8 bottles of water.

It works for me.
I can only reach the ones in the front although my arms arent very long...
2 in the front (Blackberry goes in one)
doors (sunglass case in those)
one in the back right (headphones and my Son's rock collection)
one in the back left (headphones and Daughters Hannah Montana doll)

see, Lexus sure dropped the ball on this and didnt think it out...haha
Old 06-25-08, 10:12 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by trusso
I can only reach the ones in the front although my arms arent very long...
2 in the front (Blackberry goes in one)
doors (sunglass case in those)
one in the back right (headphones and my Son's rock collection)
one in the back left (headphones and Daughters Hannah Montana doll)

see, Lexus sure dropped the ball on this and didnt think it out...haha
I never leave without my Blackberry either. If fits perfectly on the little rubber ipod holder on the console. Both my 8820 and 8310 work very well with the BT so many times I just keep the BB holstered.

I am lucky and a load full of passengers equals just me and one other so we keep a good size cooler in the 2nd row floor and I can with ease reach in for up to 24 beers! (just kidding, I am a Jack Black man!).

I still vote for a 2009 570LX with NO THIRD ROW. Move the second row back about 12-18 inches and put a full wood and stainless bar in the center between the front and back seats
Old 06-25-08, 03:45 PM
V8_Fan
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

if you want a real fridge, get a dual battery setup and run a ARB fridge off the deep cycle.