LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Cooling and a/c.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-08, 07:17 AM
trusso
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cooling and a/c.

Now that summer feels like it's here I cant wait to see how this ac system cools the car.
Were supposed to be in the 100's for the next few days and Lexus pumped up the 26 (or whatever) vents on this car so I can wait to test it under hot conditions.
As it heats up, review the cooling system here.
So far I dont think I'm that impressed (based on all the hype, still not disappointed) but havent had a really hot day.
Old 05-14-08, 11:46 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

90% of the time it is only me in the car and there is no lack of ac capacity. Even after parking in the sun, the 570 does it's job well and with less noise than my 470.

I did take our neighbors to Ruth Chris last week and they commented on how well the air worked in the second row. The guy is a Range Rover owner and thought the rear seating was really nice.

I would suspect that the LX570 has more than enough ac capacity to cool it quickly on the hottest day!
Old 05-15-08, 03:23 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Founds a few more features:

The new LX 570 features Lexus' most powerful climate control system to date.

The LX 570 has four climate zones, 28 individual vents, two HVAC units and an advanced SCX (Sub Cool acc(X)elerator) piping system.

It is designed to keep occupants comfortable in even the most extreme conditions.

The LX 570 is able to cool the cabin by nine degrees from an ambient temperature of 45 degrees in 10 minutes and is designed specifically to offer the most comfortable of driving environments.

The LX achieves this via a completely new climate control system that has been designed to offer class-leading comfort for all occupants.

The system features a new high-capacity compressor that is linked to two new HVAC units via the world's first SCX double-tubed refrigerant gas piping system.

The SCX system allows both suction and liquid tubes to be housed in one pipeline, eliminating unnecessary tubing while increasing climate control system performance.

LX 570 features a completely redesigned interior ducting system that provides occupants with a shower of air from a multitude of vents throughout the cabin.

The LX 570 features two HVAC units and will be the first Lexus SUV to offer four-zone climate control. Second and third-row windows benefit from new C pillar-mounted demisting vents.

Heating performance has also been increased with the addition of an auxiliary Positive Temperature Coefficient (PTC) heater.

The PTC heater consists of a ceramic element, aluminum fin and brass plate. When current is applied to the PTC element, it generates heat that instantly warms the air passing through the unit.

The LX 570 also features an external smog ventilation sensor, which automatically switches the system to re-circulate when exterior nitrous oxide, hydrocarbon or carbon dioxide gas levels become too high.
Old 05-15-08, 07:37 AM
trusso
Pole Position

I think I was assuming that the air didnt blow hard and that means it wouldnt cool well.
All those vents circulate the air so well, it doesnt need to blow hard.
I wish the seats still blew more (I guess circulated better is what I mean)
Old 05-15-08, 08:36 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

I am with you and I wish they could have used forced AC air thru the seats. Do not know why as there is even a vent under the front seat pushing air towards the 2nd row. What is done is done.
Old 05-15-08, 06:12 PM
BobsGX
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
Founds a few more features:

The new LX 570 features Lexus' most powerful climate control system to date.

The LX 570 has four climate zones, 28 individual vents, two HVAC units and an advanced SCX (Sub Cool acc(X)elerator) piping system.

It is designed to keep occupants comfortable in even the most extreme conditions.

The LX 570 is able to cool the cabin by nine degrees from an ambient temperature of 45 degrees in 10 minutes and is designed specifically to offer the most comfortable of driving environments.

The LX achieves this via a completely new climate control system that has been designed to offer class-leading comfort for all occupants.

The system features a new high-capacity compressor that is linked to two new HVAC units via the world's first SCX double-tubed refrigerant gas piping system.

The SCX system allows both suction and liquid tubes to be housed in one pipeline, eliminating unnecessary tubing while increasing climate control system performance.

LX 570 features a completely redesigned interior ducting system that provides occupants with a shower of air from a multitude of vents throughout the cabin.

The LX 570 features two HVAC units and will be the first Lexus SUV to offer four-zone climate control. Second and third-row windows benefit from new C pillar-mounted demisting vents.

Heating performance has also been increased with the addition of an auxiliary Positive Temperature Coefficient (PTC) heater.

The PTC heater consists of a ceramic element, aluminum fin and brass plate. When current is applied to the PTC element, it generates heat that instantly warms the air passing through the unit.

The LX 570 also features an external smog ventilation sensor, which automatically switches the system to re-circulate when exterior nitrous oxide, hydrocarbon or carbon dioxide gas levels become too high.

Similar if not the same system has been used in the Lexus GX470 since the 2007 model year. See link: http://www.search-autoparts.com/sear....jsp?id=311367
Old 05-15-08, 06:25 PM
trusso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BobsGX
Similar if not the same system has been used in the Lexus GX470 since the 2007 model year. See link: http://www.search-autoparts.com/sear....jsp?id=311367
Bob,

How is your seat airflow in your car?
Old 05-15-08, 09:19 PM
0260n5.7
Lexus Tuner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in a climate that is extremely hot all year 'round. The A/C system is always on and always on high and it does the job well. The cooled seats are inferior to the LS430s which I have experienced.

MAC
Old 05-16-08, 03:28 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BobsGX
Could not get the link to work for me but glad to hear. I was just copied info from Lexus to this thread. I thought that when Lexus said: "a new high-capacity compressor that is linked to two new HVAC units via the world's first SCX double-tubed refrigerant gas piping system", that it ment it was unique!

What ever they did the 570 does it well, even 90+ degree temps do stress the 570 as mine is very quite and the fan ends up on low quickly.