LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Anyone Coming From Range Rover

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-08, 05:55 PM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anyone Coming From Range Rover

Just curious if any of you owners had previously owned a full sized Range Rover (current model '02+). If so, care to share your thoughts?
Old 03-12-08, 08:02 PM
pemarsh
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I can say is that I looked at a Range Rover 2008 a couple months ago.
We probably would have bought it over the LX570, but there were two obstacles...
1. no 3rd row--important for us
2. reliability not as strong as Lexus
We really liked its styling however, probably more than the LX570 in fact.
Old 03-12-08, 09:17 PM
trusso
Pole Position

When I bought our 570, I bought because I have had great luck with Lexus. I have a good friend that purchased a Range Rover Supercharged a couple of years ago. It was in the shop as much as it was driven and he finally got so sick of it being at the dealership. He tried to sell it and after 6 months it's value dropped so much he was "forced" to keep it.
I think the Range Rover is an awesome SUV, just not the reliability or retention of value.
Old 03-12-08, 09:37 PM
ISmy350JDM
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah the Range Rover is beautiful on the out side...but Lexus wins with over all quality in exterior, interior, and reliabilty and the above mentioned....if i had the cash i would get both...but if i have to chose one...definitely the lexus.

my dad has the 470, and no question he wanted the lexus over the range rover
Old 03-12-08, 09:57 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

i want a range rover..... its my first dream car.
Old 03-14-08, 10:36 AM
Twstrchasr
Driver School Candidate

Always heard the horror stories about Land Rovers but I have had very few probs with the 3 I have owned (2 RRC's, 1 Disco). In my personal opinion neither the LC or LX can touch the RR in terms of style, both interior and exterior. I do not have a local LR dealer so I have gone with the LC only because I can have it serviced locally. I am however talking to a nearby LR dealer and they seem to be willing to do valet pick-up and deliver back to me if I purchase a vehicle from them. If it works out then bye bye TMC !! I realize that this is a pro Toyota forum and I'm fully prepared to be blasted for my statements, as I have been on MUD, as well. Despite the fact I have had 6 LC's (own 2 right now). I'm am quite disapointed with the 2008 LX/LC.
Old 03-14-08, 11:29 AM
Twstrchasr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by luxury1
Just curious if any of you owners had previously owned a full sized Range Rover (current model '02+). If so, care to share your thoughts?
Since you own an '07 RR, what are thoughts on it so far ??
Old 03-14-08, 10:28 PM
trusso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Twstrchasr
Always heard the horror stories about Land Rovers but I have had very few probs with the 3 I have owned (2 RRC's, 1 Disco). In my personal opinion neither the LC or LX can touch the RR in terms of style, both interior and exterior. I do not have a local LR dealer so I have gone with the LC only because I can have it serviced locally. I am however talking to a nearby LR dealer and they seem to be willing to do valet pick-up and deliver back to me if I purchase a vehicle from them. If it works out then bye bye TMC !! I realize that this is a pro Toyota forum and I'm fully prepared to be blasted for my statements, as I have been on MUD, as well. Despite the fact I have had 6 LC's (own 2 right now). I'm am quite disapointed with the 2008 LX/LC.
Hey, to each their own. I have an '08 LX and am happy as can be.
It's hard to find a car you love and when you do, stick with it!
I had a friend that was very unhappy with his RR Supercharged for many reasons but I drove it a few times and it was nice (I still like the Lexus though...)
Some people love hamburgers, some people love hot dogs....

The person that blasts you has probably never driven both as both are amazing automobiles !
Old 03-15-08, 06:58 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

I'm am quite disapointed with the 2008 LX/LC.
Why?

I would like to hear
Old 03-16-08, 02:34 PM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Since you own an '07 RR, what are thoughts on it so far ??
I LOVE my Range Rover! I haven't had any problems but it is only 9 months old (7,500 miles). The thing that I love most about it is that nobody has them where I live. It gets way more compliments than any other car that I have ever owned which reinforces my decision almost daily.

I really like the exterior style of the RR but the interior style of the LX570 is like my LS460 which is really nice. I am kind of considering the LX since Land Rover was bought by TATA but don't know for sure (I am going to wait to see what direction it heads).

I have two Lexus vehicles already so I know how great they are but there is just something about the Range Rover that may keep me loyal.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone Coming From Range Rover-side.jpg  
Old 03-16-08, 02:56 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

i love range rovers!
its my dream car.
Old 03-16-08, 07:14 PM
Twstrchasr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by pagemaster
Why?

I would like to hear

To beat anyone to the punch on these...IMO !!

1. Exterior styling. Bland at best. There needs to be a rub strip 3/4 down the waist line to break up the vast amount of sheet metal. Dealer installed ones typically look like shyte. D-pillar too thick, looks out of proportion. Front turn signal pods on LC too "cartoonish". Between the two, I definitely like the LC over the LX. I don't care at all for the LX's exterior. Way too much tacky ornamentation. The front end is hiddeous, the rear, not much better. Non removable (in all likeliness) running boards a clear indication where the purpose of this vehicle lies.....A Lexus Escalade.

2. Interior. I really like both but there are some gripes..LC: No HDD. Inexcusable in a vehicle in this price range. Very fake looking wood trim..Pathetic at $70,000+. No ventilated seats, once again, inexcusable. LX/LC: non-removable 3rd row seats...Idiotic decision. Give the owner the option to take the things out if he/she wants !! Having to take the silly cooler box with the upgrade pkg. Useless to me.

3. LC/LX: No HID's..Seems dumb not to have them in these vehicles. Topic covered in another thread....

4. LC: No AHC...Should have it but I kind of understand the logic behind equipping KDSS...Until TMC puts it in the LC, THEN I will like to hear their reasoning for installing it at that point.

5. LX: Should have a marginal pwr gain over the LC.

That's a good bit of it for now. The truth be told though, these are both fine vehicles in the end..If this seems like a bunch of nit picking, well, it is. OK, here is the ironical thing..I still am considering the LC. Only barely, though...Even with all my gripes. No way I'd get the LX. Not my cup of tea. Go check some more of my posts on MUD about this subject. I'm sure I have other nits to pick !! I have softened my tone somewhat (on the LC, that is). Once again, these are just my own personal opinions on how I feel... If you differ with me then great !! There is no right or wrong. It's just a freaking car...It's nice to have choices !!! ;

Last edited by Twstrchasr; 03-16-08 at 11:25 PM.
Old 03-16-08, 07:50 PM
Twstrchasr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by trusso
Hey, to each their own. I have an '08 LX and am happy as can be.
It's hard to find a car you love and when you do, stick with it!
I had a friend that was very unhappy with his RR Supercharged for many reasons but I drove it a few times and it was nice (I still like the Lexus though...)
Some people love hamburgers, some people love hot dogs....

The person that blasts you has probably never driven both as both are amazing automobiles !

Right you are !!
Old 03-16-08, 08:20 PM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

If it works out then bye bye TMC !! I realize that this is a pro Toyota forum and I'm fully prepared to be blasted for my statements, as I have been on MUD, as well. Despite the fact I have had 6 LC's (own 2 right now). I'm am quite disapointed with the 2008 LX/LC.
You do realize that LR (and Jaguar) is now owned by Tata Motor Industries...Tata is an Indian Motor company that specializes in making super cheap (aka Yugo level) cars! The sale is final by the way...Ford and Tata are now working on details of the deal.

If you go with LR, then prepare to take a major bath on resale value. The whole image of LR is gone in my honest opinion.
Old 03-16-08, 08:25 PM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

To beat anyone to the punch on these...IMO !!Go check some more of my posts on MUD about this subject.
Ahhh...MUD...brings back fond memories of that seriously bias forum! Is that Shotts idiot still shooting off his mouth?!

Quick Reply: Anyone Coming From Range Rover