LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

3rd row

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-08, 08:06 PM
trusso
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexusrott
Please, explain " my wife destroy our LX ".

Did she had an accident ? Is she OK ??

My oldest male Rottie is 136 lbs., he is just a big baby and he thinks that he is a tiny doggie and loves to jump in my lap while I am napping.
She just doesnt take care of her car.
The front seat is loaded with clothed, there is gum smashed into the rear carpet from the kids, chips and cookie cumbs in the rear seats, candy wrappers and trash in the 2nd row and tossed into the rear.....just not how I take care of my car. She did this with her '05 and I made her drive a truck I had to haul at the time....a lifted (really big) 1 ton crew cab dually. Needless to say, she wanted her car back and kept it clean for a while after that...hahaha
No accident, but thank you for the concern...
Old 03-16-08, 03:31 AM
lexusrott
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trusso
She just doesnt take care of her car.
The front seat is loaded with clothed, there is gum smashed into the rear carpet from the kids, chips and cookie cumbs in the rear seats, candy wrappers and trash in the 2nd row and tossed into the rear.....just not how I take care of my car. She did this with her '05 and I made her drive a truck I had to haul at the time....a lifted (really big) 1 ton crew cab dually. Needless to say, she wanted her car back and kept it clean for a while after that...hahaha
No accident, but thank you for the concern...

Thanks for the explanation.

A mom with small children, she has a big responsibility, cut her some slack. Sorry, for butting in.
I know a few young mothers with small children and the inside of their SUV is like a war zone. Candy wrappers, sticky fingers touch everything not to mention spilling fruit juice.

Every 8 weeks more or less I get my LX detailed, with my big four legged kids it get dirty pretty fast.
Old 03-16-08, 05:01 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 498 Likes on 378 Posts

If you can accomplish that task I"ll buy you lunch at Wendy's or BK of your choice.
I'm a big spender !!

The lack of room in the back is a road block for me in purchasing the LX570.
I just need the extra space for my large Rottweilers.

BTW, tomorrow I am getting a set of Michelin's Latitude Tour HP for my LX470 from my Lexus dealer size 275X60X18, finally I'll be able to get rid off the Dunlops.
Which BK do you want to meat at! I will be buying YOU lunch, Wendys is good too!

While I determined that you could likely remove the seats, it involved a little more than I wanted to get into. Hopefully they will come out with a LX570L for people who do not want the 3rd row. For the trouble it would cause to remove the seats, for me it would be worth just letting them stay in the tucked position. Likely for safety reasons the seats are well attached to the device that move them.
Old 03-16-08, 06:07 AM
lexusrott
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
Which BK do you want to meat at! I will be buying YOU lunch, Wendys is good too!

While I determined that you could likely remove the seats, it involved a little more than I wanted to get into. Hopefully they will come out with a LX570L for people who do not want the 3rd row. For the trouble it would cause to remove the seats, for me it would be worth just letting them stay in the tucked position. Likely for safety reasons the seats are well attached to the device that move them.
I was hoping to buy you lunch instead.

My salesman at Lexus of Melbourne says that is possible, he just needs to do more research including the service manager. Not all is loss, yet.
Old 03-16-08, 09:16 AM
trusso
Pole Position

Thanks for the explanation.

A mom with small children, she has a big responsibility, cut her some slack. Sorry, for butting in.
I know a few young mothers with small children and the inside of their SUV is like a war zone. Candy wrappers, sticky fingers touch everything not to mention spilling fruit juice.

Every 8 weeks more or less I get my LX detailed, with my big four legged kids it get dirty pretty fast.
I hear ya....still....
Just want to keep a nice car nice.
Right now (this very moment) nobody can sit in the front seat because of all the "stuff" on the seat/floor. It's been there all week.haha
Old 01-17-10, 05:59 PM
0260n5.7
Lexus Tuner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The new GX's third row with, a similar rear suspension to the LX, folds flat. THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! I don't care that it may be a smaller cargo area. That fact that they fold flat proves that it can be done and I would think this will be what the LX migrates toward.
Old 01-17-10, 08:58 PM
xswl0931
Driver School Candidate

I test drove the GX460 and LX570 yesterday back-to-back. The 3rd row in the GX is a huge compromise on cargo space. The fold flat seating raises the floor 3 inches and it's very apparent seeing it. I would prefer the side folding seats in the LX, but with a way to manually remove them.
Old 07-03-14, 07:55 AM
wilsonjw
Driver School Candidate

I was looking into having the dealer remove the 3rd row seats in my 2010 LX 570. He said he could do it. I was then going to try and purchase a cargo liner that would cover the entire area back there including covering up the electronic plug ins. Has anybody done this successfully?
Old 08-24-14, 10:20 PM
DocDenver
Driver School Candidate

There is a thread on this forum about removing the seats. Seems like it takes maybe an hour to do at home. Search "3rd row removal"