LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Remote Starter

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-08, 07:25 AM
zwheeloc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Starter

I currently own a 2000 LX470 and am in the market for the LX570. When talking to the Lexus sales person, they mentioned that the Remote Starter features is not being shipped by Lexus due to some issues they are having with it. Is this true? Does anyone have the remote starter feature on their LX570? (Tried to do a search through the LX570 forum but got no hits (sorry if this has been discussed before)).
Old 02-04-08, 08:25 AM
lexusrott
Pole Position

Originally Posted by zwheeloc
I currently own a 2000 LX470 and am in the market for the LX570. When talking to the Lexus sales person, they mentioned that the Remote Starter features is not being shipped by Lexus due to some issues they are having with it. Is this true? Does anyone have the remote starter feature on their LX570? (Tried to do a search through the LX570 forum but got no hits (sorry if this has been discussed before)).
My advice is do a google.com LX570 remote starter

If is any consolation in the Lexus LX570 brochure , the section of options and accessories shows NO Remote Starter.
Old 02-04-08, 08:32 AM
zwheeloc
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexusrott
If is any consolation in the Lexus LX570 brochure , the section of options and accessories shows NO Remote Starter.
Though in: http://www.lexus.com/models/LX/features/pricing.html they have it listed.
Old 02-04-08, 09:32 AM
lexusrott
Pole Position

The LX570 brochure I got it last week at my Lexus dealer.

I am just saying what I read.
Old 02-04-08, 09:44 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

My Lx570, delivered 1-2-2008, was listed to have the remote starter.

My dealer told me that this option is installed at the Toyota Port facility in Jacksonville. They did NOT install to module as they said that there were QC problems with the device. I was given a choice of having it installed at a later date, by the service department, or getting a refund.

As I did not want the remote starter in the first place, I elected to get a refund. The check arrived last week.
Old 02-04-08, 10:02 AM
lexusrott
Pole Position

Wink

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
My Lx570, delivered 1-2-2008, was listed to have the remote starter.

My dealer told me that this option is installed at the Toyota Port facility in Jacksonville. They did NOT install to module as they said that there were QC problems with the device. I was given a choice of having it installed at a later date, by the service department, or getting a refund.

As I did not want the remote starter in the first place, I elected to get a refund. The check arrived last week.

Good afternoon Greg.

Now that I am planning to keep my LX470 a lot longer , I have been looking at Michelin tires.
I went to their website and typed in the LX description and it came up with P275/60R18 111H
Latitude Tour HP.

Maybe because yours is a new model the Latitude T HP has not being added.
Old 02-04-08, 10:08 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

You could try www.tundrasolutions.com there are a bunch of owners there with the 5.7 and 6 speed that is identical to the Lx570 motor. Someone on that board must have a remote start.
Old 02-04-08, 12:58 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexusrott
Good afternoon Greg.

Now that I am planning to keep my LX470 a lot longer , I have been looking at Michelin tires.
I went to their website and typed in the LX description and it came up with P275/60R18 111H
Latitude Tour HP.

Maybe because yours is a new model the Latitude T HP has not being added.
Michelin emailed me and said they do have this tire in the 285/50R20, they are not shipping it within the USA yet. I will hold onto the Dunlops unless they fail. I have always had and believe in Michelins.

If you are looking for tires, these would be excellent from what I have read about them. Good in wet and dry. Not sure about snow but we have little in Jacksonville.
Old 02-04-08, 05:44 PM
lexusrott
Pole Position

^^^ We have even less in Cocoa Beach.
Old 02-04-08, 06:07 PM
trusso
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just spoke to the dealership and they said the part for the auto start was discontinued, but now fixed and available.
Parts is calling me tomorrow to tell me how to order it.
I'll fill you guys in with whats available....
Old 02-04-08, 10:40 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

In Canada the remote engine start is available. It is listed in the the LX570 brochure.
Old 02-04-08, 11:42 PM
lexusrott
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pagemaster
In Canada the remote engine start is available. It is listed in the the LX570 brochure.

The LX570 Ultra Premium Package is offered in Canada and not in the United States, this package contains the Bubinga wood.

Don't know why. Different countries different brochures !!
Old 02-05-08, 09:09 AM
trusso
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the dealership just called and said the remote starter is on a "stop order" status as it interfered with some of the cars other electronics.
Well, it looks like we have to wait for an option that nobody ever thought we needed anyway..haha
I looked up Bubinga wood and although the photos I see are pretty nice, it kinda looks like the the walnut in my car anyway.
Bubinga, walnut....I don't the bubinga would make me any happier than I am.
Old 02-05-08, 05:30 PM
CT1
Driver School Candidate

I test drove a 570 yesterday that had a remote start. It was a little awkward to use, I hope it was because the sales person did not know how to use it. You had to press a button 2x then hold the same button in for a few seconds. The car beeped and started about 5 seconds later. A friend has an after market starter on his Toyota and just holds down a button and it starts right up. He can even start it while his commuter train is pulling into the station. The dealers in MA are selling the remote start option.
Old 02-06-08, 12:47 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Even the manual describes that the remote starter beeps and pauses before starting. Sounds like a good idea to me!

Quick Reply: Remote Starter