LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

LX570 a little dissappointing

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-08, 05:47 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
All of you are so funny. Just go back and read the petty comments.

I took a 325 mile trip in the LX570 today. All I can say is WOW! What a pleasure. At 80mph I averaged 17.7 miles per gallon! Better than my LX470!

The LX570 also handles WAY better than any of my 470s. Every LX470 I had kinda "wandered" a little at highway speed to me. The LX570 is like on rails! Very little input required from the driver to maintain super smooth high speed turns and long straight runs. It gobbled up I95 with ease! Do not know what Lexus did but there is one heck of a lot less road/tire noise and the roads were all under construction from Jacksonville to Savannah.

You would not be sweating these "little things" if you would have been one of my passengers today! Everyone, including a Range Rover owner walked away very impressed!

No one time while driving, did I notice of there was double or single stitching in the leather!

LOL!
You really get defensive and appear to have to justify how great your LX570. I remember a time when Toyota's offered just a little extra that never really needed mentioning (such as soft padded lower door panels, leather wrapped grab handles, carpet on the door trim, solid door sill protectors, dual lighted running boards and a fully power 10 way passenger seat). Not so in this case...

Last edited by pagemaster; 02-09-08 at 05:56 PM.
Old 02-09-08, 08:26 PM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by RX_330
Wouldn't it be backwards thinking to have all of that off-road programming into the 4WD system and then having buttery smooth semi-aniline leather as in the LS?
It does have buttery smooth leather. The problem is that it is clearly from the ES350, not LS460. Where the LX is priced is the issue here, not necessarily the seat themselves. With buttery soft leather, i would want double stitching for strength. Go to any highend furniture store and see their leather chairs...double stitching. Go to any highend cars and what do you see? Same thing. There is a reason why there is a big difference in seat construction/materials between LS460 and LX570 seats...and it does not have to do with the type of leather they use.
Old 02-09-08, 10:38 PM
mjr24
Lexus Test Driver

I saw one for the first time today and I was not impressed. It looks like a bigger GX. I personally feel Lexus styling has taken a step backwards. All the models look the same now. The GS is all I care for. The new LS is hideous. I thought Lexus really was about to overtake MB or BMW after the last generation of cars because they all looked really good....the GS, LS430, LX470, etc. I don't doubt the reliability is still the best with Lexus....but just not styling.

However, this started when they screwed up the SC430 (which is now 7 years old with no concrete plans for a restyle anytime soon).

When I look at SUV styling, I look at the Escalade. It was a really hot body style from 2002-2006 and they found a way to make it even hotter for the new Escalade. I was hoping Lexus would do this.
Old 02-09-08, 11:07 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

The problem is that it is clearly from the ES350, not LS460. Where the LX is priced is the issue here, not necessarily the seat themselves. With buttery soft leather, i would want double stitching for strength
Check out the SC430. I would like to hear your thoughts about the seat material, door trim and construction. I just came away from one and it uses similar material and construction from the LX470. The doors have soft covered material over the plastic, the front seats are stitched very well, there is carpet on the from of the seats. Very well done. In contrast to the Lx570, I never noticed it until it mentioned in this thread.
Old 02-10-08, 05:10 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by pagemaster
You really get defensive and appear to have to justify how great your LX570. I remember a time when Toyota's offered just a little extra that never really needed mentioning (such as soft padded lower door panels, leather wrapped grab handles, carpet on the door trim, solid door sill protectors, dual lighted running boards and a fully power 10 way passenger seat). Not so in this case...
Re read YOUR replies and tell me that you are not the same. Tell me that you are not defensive and how many time have YOU mentioned your OLD and trusty 100?

You are funny

I have said NOTHING against your 100 (what ever that is) but you have, in every thread, complained about how poor the quality is in the 570.

And I am defensive? May be so but recognise yourself as being the same . . . and maybe add jealous!

Last edited by ggebhardt; 02-10-08 at 05:20 AM.
Old 02-10-08, 06:43 AM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just my opinion but the LX570 isn't worth the money. Blast me as you wish but I've been a big fan of Lexus for years - and by many of my posts on here, you can tell. I think Lexus is going crazy with their pricing while their quality isn't exactly what it used to be. Again, blast away. Nobody cares.
Old 02-10-08, 07:01 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Sal,
I am not sure that even I think the 570 was worth what I paid for it. I am not blind and I can see a thing or two I would like to have seen Lexus do better.

Everyone has a right to their opinion. Heck I do not think any of todays vehicles are worth what the dealers are asking but they have the only game in town. There are so many choices! Retail prices have gone up so drastically, many are choosing to keep what they got a little longer.

I am not the type that "blasts away" without reason. Everyone has their own opinion and that is what makes these forum so great! My only problem is when pagermiser accuses me of being defensive and does not realise that he has over and over compared the fit and finish of the Toyota 100 to the Lexus LX570! <vbg>

Have a great weekend!

Last edited by ggebhardt; 02-10-08 at 07:22 AM.
Old 02-10-08, 09:13 AM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
Sal,
I am not sure that even I think the 570 was worth what I paid for it. I am not blind and I can see a thing or two I would like to have seen Lexus do better.

Everyone has a right to their opinion. Heck I do not think any of todays vehicles are worth what the dealers are asking but they have the only game in town. There are so many choices! Retail prices have gone up so drastically, many are choosing to keep what they got a little longer.

I am not the type that "blasts away" without reason. Everyone has their own opinion and that is what makes these forum so great! My only problem is when pagermiser accuses me of being defensive and does not realise that he has over and over compared the fit and finish of the Toyota 100 to the Lexus LX570! <vbg>

Have a great weekend!
I haven't read the whole thread. I should go back and read it. But I agree with you on the pricing of all vehicles these days. There are a few, in particular, that are especially ridiculous.. The Lexus LS460 is priced fairly for what it offers. The Mercedes S550, on the other-hand, forget it. $100,000.00 to have it with the options you'd expect is way overboard. I can't even believe people waste their money on it. I suppose if you really want to stand out in the crowd, you'll buy the S550 or S600.

The problem is, as these prices continue to go up, people still buy them without hesitation. This is making these companies think they can charge Anything. What's the next RX going to start at? $60k? As it stands, for a fully-loaded RX350 you're looking at $45k. That's fine. But let's see where it goes...

Our economy is falling apart. At some point, you're going to be able to buy a brand new car for less than the used model it replaced - when everyone stops paying these insane prices...
Old 02-10-08, 09:43 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

and by many of my posts on here, you can tell
Its not just Lexus. Its all Toyota's for that matter. Toyota is on an ambitious cost cutting effort to squeeze as much margin as they can out of their cars and trucks.

I have never seen so much negative press about Toyota as I have the last year or two.

1. Tundra/Sequioa cheap interiors.
2. Camry removed from recommended list on CR.
3. Single stitch seats in Lexus.
4. expose seat frame anchors
5. Lx570 gets rid of power rear windows
6. Leather wrapped grab handles in the LX are gone and now use plastic

Did I mention that Toyota cars sales have stalled...January they sold less than the year before.

Those are just a few to mention. Toyota has added alot of features to their vehicles and have done some great things to their cars but they are also cutting costs here and there to hike their margins.
Old 02-10-08, 10:09 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano
I haven't read the whole thread. I should go back and read it. But I agree with you on the pricing of all vehicles these days. There are a few, in particular, that are especially ridiculous.. The Lexus LS460 is priced fairly for what it offers. The Mercedes S550, on the other-hand, forget it. $100,000.00 to have it with the options you'd expect is way overboard. I can't even believe people waste their money on it. I suppose if you really want to stand out in the crowd, you'll buy the S550 or S600.

The problem is, as these prices continue to go up, people still buy them without hesitation. This is making these companies think they can charge Anything. What's the next RX going to start at? $60k? As it stands, for a fully-loaded RX350 you're looking at $45k. That's fine. But let's see where it goes...

Our economy is falling apart. At some point, you're going to be able to buy a brand new car for less than the used model it replaced - when everyone stops paying these insane prices...
I guess we shall see. We are in a recession now and it will be getting alot worst before it gets better. The construction industry supported this country for the last 3-4 years and now it has died. It will take years for the recovery. I suspect all the luxury car makers will have to adjust.
Old 02-10-08, 12:21 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by pagemaster
Did I mention that Toyota cars sales have stalled...January they sold less than the year before.
so have 95% of other carmakers, when people are losing their butt on housing loans theres going to be less people buying cars. This cheap feeling interior argument is weak, none of us here knows what the production cost on parts is. Just because "it feels cheap" isnt a good enough evidence that it really is getting cost cutted
Old 02-10-08, 01:07 PM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
so have 95% of other carmakers, when people are losing their butt on housing loans theres going to be less people buying cars. This cheap feeling interior argument is weak, none of us here knows what the production cost on parts is. Just because "it feels cheap" isnt a good enough evidence that it really is getting cost cutted
+1 I mean how likely is it for a seat to rip apart just because it has single stitching instead of two?
Old 02-10-08, 01:50 PM
lexusrott
Pole Position

Funny thing about single stitching, of the many vehicles I have owned I don't remember ever having a seat torn because of bad stitching, from the Fords to Oldsmobile to GMC pick-ups and SUVs to Buicks to Volvos and the usual suspects like Mazdas, Hondas and Toyotas with vinyl or leather seats. Never had a problem and I am quite sure that at least 98% of those vehicles had single stitching.
So the LX570 has single stitching, so what. I bet the thread is extra strong.
I am more concern about the non-removable 3rd road seats and the lack of privacy glass that will require tinting ( extra expenditure ).
Old 02-11-08, 06:25 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Lexusrott, double stitching is a sign of quality construction whether you like it or not. This is why fine leather is double stitched. It adds strength and durability. Most (if not all) leather steering wheel is double stitched...why?? Same reasons. Down the road when you're way past the warranty period, you may appreciate double stitching vs. single stitching.

I agree that the lack of privacy glass is odd...and hopefully, is not a sign of further cost cutting. I really don't get this one.
Old 02-11-08, 06:52 AM
lexusrott
Pole Position

Listen tigmd99 , I am going out with my wife I 'll be gone for awhile.

We are going to celebrate my 63rd birthday.

Just in case I don't answer right away.

noodles ...........

Quick Reply: LX570 a little dissappointing