LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

New LX570...No HIDs!!! Sigh.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-08, 01:57 PM
tella
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got off the phone with Lexus High level CS person who finally confirmed that it was a mistke published by their marketing department. LX570 does not have HID headlamps in either standard or optional package. Maybe next year...
Old 02-08-08, 02:15 PM
lexusrott
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you mean that next year Lexus is going to add HID's ?
Old 02-08-08, 05:32 PM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
I doubt the price is the issue with LX570 which has more equipment than LS460 :-).
Price is ALWAYS an issue...if it wasn't, then Lexus would have stuck in LS460's seats and padded dash instead of ES350 seats and hard lower dash!
Old 02-12-08, 01:01 AM
03LX470
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both the land cruiser & LX have high beam HID (when you really need it, for instance, when off roading) but the low beam is not HID. Makes sense to me but i would've liked low beam HID as well.
Old 02-12-08, 03:00 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by tigmd99
Price is ALWAYS an issue...if it wasn't, then Lexus would have stuck in LS460's seats and padded dash instead of ES350 seats and hard lower dash!
funny guy.
Old 02-12-08, 03:51 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Originally Posted by 03LX470
Both the land cruiser & LX have high beam HID (when you really need it, for instance, when off roading) but the low beam is not HID. Makes sense to me but i would've liked low beam HID as well.
I don't think so.
Old 02-12-08, 03:55 AM
tigmd99
Racer

funny guy.
For a salesman, you are surely misinformed on many things on your own vehicle! Oh yeah, Lexus stance on HIDS is that Toyota does not like to put them on high-riding vehicles, e.g. LX, GX, Land Cruiser, 4runners, Sequoia. Toyota/Lexus has never mentioned anything about the reliability aspect of HIDS, as you incorrectly pointed out earlier. BTW, when was the last time that you heard factory HIDS housing failed in any car/SUV due to bumps?? I have not. Hell, i have not even heard much about HIDS failing period.

BTW, in the last Peterson's 4wd magazine (4x4 of the year issue), they even mentioned the lower clearances on the new Land Cruiser. Their stats state 20 degree departure angle.
Old 02-12-08, 08:02 AM
Da Hapa
Pole Position

....Toyota does not like to put them on high-riding vehicles, e.g. LX, GX, Land Cruiser, 4runners, Sequoia...
Why would Toyota offer HID headlamps on the 100 series LC/LX in Japan and other markets and not here in the United States?
Old 02-12-08, 09:47 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Originally Posted by Da Hapa
Why would Toyota offer HID headlamps on the 100 series LC/LX in Japan and other markets and not here in the United States?
Do the HIDS in Japan have auto-leveling?? If not, then this may be the reason why you don't see HIDS on LX here in the US. I think that the DOT has something to do with HIDS on high-riding SUVs. If it does have auto-leveling, then i don't know the answer...but in US market, Lexus official answer is that it does not like to put them on high-riding SUVs/trucks.

Now, i think about it...does the LS460 HIDS have auto-leveling??
Old 02-12-08, 10:17 AM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Do the HIDS in Japan have auto-leveling?? If not, then this may be the reason why you don't see HIDS on LX here in the US. I think that the DOT has something to do with HIDS on high-riding SUVs. If it does have auto-leveling, then i don't know the answer...but in US market, Lexus official answer is that it does not like to put them on high-riding SUVs/trucks.

I'm pretty sure the LS460 has auto-leveling. The RX did.
Old 02-12-08, 10:55 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

of course they have auto leveling, in fact every hid equipped car has auto leveling as much as i know -at least every toyota/lexus do.
Old 02-12-08, 10:58 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

For a salesman, you are surely misinformed on many things on your own vehicle! Oh yeah, Lexus stance on HIDS is that Toyota does not like to put them on high-riding vehicles, e.g. LX, GX, Land Cruiser, 4runners, Sequoia. Toyota/Lexus has never mentioned anything about the reliability aspect of HIDS, as you incorrectly pointed out earlier. BTW, when was the last time that you heard factory HIDS housing failed in any car/SUV due to bumps?? I have not. Hell, i have not even heard much about HIDS failing period.

BTW, in the last Peterson's 4wd magazine (4x4 of the year issue), they even mentioned the lower clearances on the new Land Cruiser. Their stats state 20 degree departure angle.
then again, you have not heard about many things, so what exactly does that mean? Fact that you are just ordinary dude who doesnt really know much? :-).

Oh yeah, all eastern european sites were updated now with correct angles.. our first batch of broschures even had wrong info printed on picture but correct on specs page, now it is corrected on pictures as well... so you will probably see corrections soon... which you wont accept anyway since you know better than all of us.
Old 02-12-08, 10:59 AM
tigmd99
Racer

of course they have auto leveling, in fact every hid equipped car has auto leveling as much as i know -at least every toyota/lexus do.
My Sienna HIDS do NOT have auto-leveling. You have to manually adjust the headlights. Well, that kinda proves how much YOU know!

EDIT: Not sure, but i don't think Prius has one either.

Last edited by tigmd99; 02-12-08 at 11:30 AM.
Old 02-12-08, 11:00 AM
tigmd99
Racer

then again, you have not heard about many things, so what exactly does that mean? Fact that you are just ordinary dude who doesnt really know much? :-).

Oh yeah, all eastern european sites were updated now with correct angles.. our first batch of broschures even had wrong info printed on picture but correct on specs page, now it is corrected on pictures as well... so you will probably see corrections soon... which you wont accept anyway since you know better than all of us.
Typical blabbering of a salesman....
Old 02-12-08, 09:57 PM
trusso
Pole Position

Yo, TIGMD, great vids of the "G" !!!
I dont think the 570 could crawl like that

Quick Reply: New LX570...No HIDs!!! Sigh.