LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

I don't like Japanese styled cars.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-07, 04:01 PM
AKoch
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL There is no fight, it is just fun to be able to let people know what you think and read what others think. There is no reason to hold it back and it does not constitute a 'fight' as far as I am concerned.

And it would not change the fact that many think that both X5 and the new LX570 are not attractive looking vehicles, as far as the design is concerned. So this is not something that has to do with 'japanese' or 'germans' etc. A poor job is a poor job regardless of nationality.
Old 12-28-07, 04:16 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 342 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by AKoch
LOL There is no fight, it is just fun to be able to let people know what you think and read what others think. There is no reason to hold it back and it does not constitute a 'fight' as far as I am concerned.

And it would not change the fact that many think that both X5 and the new LX570 are not attractive looking vehicles, as far as the design is concerned. So this is not something that has to do with 'japanese' or 'germans' etc. A poor job is a poor job regardless of nationality.
Yeah I like peoples' opinion.

No offense, but I like the mental exercise when trying to form philosophical opinions on types of people who have the same taste (same kind of car, same type of typing style, etc)

Last edited by vraa; 12-28-07 at 06:28 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 12-28-07, 06:17 PM
lexusrott
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vraa
Yeah I like peoples opinion.

No offense, but I like the mental exercise when trying to form philosophical opinions on types of people who have the same taste (same kind of car, same type of typing style, etc)
Well said.
Old 12-30-07, 08:36 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

ok, just don't want anything to happen like when someone says something bout a 335 gainst an is 350, or something like that, then all hell breaks loose lol carry on
Old 12-30-07, 10:25 PM
LexFather

The funny thing is the last few Ferraris have been designed by a Japanese man, his biggest accomplishment the Enzo.
Old 01-01-08, 06:06 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with most of the posters here in that the new LX is, well, not the greatest styled SUV out there. My opinion is still up in the air on the exterior styling. However, have you seen that interior? I think most of us would agree that it is, without a doubt, the finest, warmest, poshest, most inviting, highest quality interior in ANY SUV built today, bar none. You can see quality and craftsmanship oozing from every seem.
Old 01-01-08, 09:56 AM
lexusrott
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IS350jet
I agree with most of the posters here in that the new LX is, well, not the greatest styled SUV out there. My opinion is still up in the air on the exterior styling. However, have you seen that interior? I think most of us would agree that it is, without a doubt, the finest, warmest, poshest, most inviting, highest quality interior in ANY SUV built today, bar none. You can see quality and craftsmanship oozing from every seem.

Totally agree.
As soon as the initial rush for the new LX570 winds down , I will try to purchase one.
I think that Toyota /Lexus are trying to break into different horizon away from the boring MB GL550 or the Infinity QX56 or for that matter the BMW X5.
I do not find the Range Rover HSE attractive at all , is just a plain box.
Old 01-02-08, 01:19 AM
AKoch
Lead Lap

570's interior is really awesome, fully agree. At least that would be the best SUV's interior I've seen to date.
Old 01-02-08, 12:45 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

I got back pain from driving X5 long distance in the city. I am not joking. The car handles but man, does it have a harsh ride.
Old 01-02-08, 12:48 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AKoch
X5 isn't attractive? I think it probably has the most attractive design as far as the styling of the SUV goes. I am bias, so sue me. No, don't sue me. I am just making a point here. haha

Old 01-02-08, 01:09 PM
AKoch
Lead Lap

There you go, tastes do differ and you will not please everyone I did not even look at the X5 direction purely because of its looks both interior and exterior. Hence you see me in an LX, or may see me in some of the Mercedes' but not in a BMW unless they come around again.
Old 01-02-08, 01:26 PM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

For me, i would pick a BMW over a Mercedes in most cases, e.g. sports car and crossovers. About the only Mercedes that i would touch (at this time) is what i am driving now...i don't trust quality and reliability of the other MBs. I do hear that MB is improving in quality and reliability...so, my view may change in the distant future.
Old 01-02-08, 02:06 PM
AKoch
Lead Lap

See? I had a G320 in my previous life, I would not pickup a G again even if it is a V12. Granted where I am from the Gs are at least as common as the Land Cruisers. I also had a few BMWs in the past and sort of miss one or two a bit but not by much. A Mercedes is a hit and miss as well, you really need to know what you are doing there. The new S and CL is actually not too bad, and is on par with the LS in my opinion. Yes, a Merc will not be as reliable, but they are really easy to work on (relatively speaking) and I do most of my maintenance and repairs myself.
Old 01-03-08, 02:37 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I'd choose a Merc over a BMW (if I was to ever buy one)... personal taste really... and that SL65 makes me hot

However there is always something that brings me back to Japanese vehicles... I dunno if it's because my family has only ever owned Japanese cars (in Australia, anyway) but I always favour Japanese vehicles.
Old 01-03-08, 10:48 AM
AKoch
Lead Lap

Tell me something about an SL But I keep coming back to Japanese vehicles as well. Just because when you have a chance to live with both side by side for a while, you start to appreciate the vehicles like LX, LS more. Sure something like an SL is more flashy, but can I honestly say it is as well built and is as pleasant to spend a long time in it? No, not really. My wife keeps saying now we should have gotten an SC430 instead and now I see her point more, after a couple of years.

Quick Reply: I don't like Japanese styled cars.