LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

LX570 Pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-07, 12:59 PM
StasGS4
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To me it looks too much like the Honda Pilot, just a little larger. I am not sure about the direction Lexus has chosen with this SUV. To me, and maybe this will change once I see it in person, the Cadillac Escalade looks a lot better on the outside.
Old 04-06-07, 01:04 PM
bjjones
Driver

To me, the LX570 looks like a updated version of the LX470 from the side and rear. However, I think the designers totally missed the mark on the front end. These design elements are totally out of proportion compared to the rest of the SUV. It looks like Lexus designers quit and took the front end of the Suzuki XL7 instead! If Lexus would have kept a front end stance similar to the LX470, and just modernized it, this would have made the LX570 a winner in the looks department.

Last edited by bjjones; 04-06-07 at 01:13 PM.
Old 04-06-07, 01:17 PM
AKoch
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bjjones
If Lexus would have kept a similar front end stance that's on the LX470, and just modernized it, this would have made this SUV an winner in the looks department.
Ditto. This is what I think would work the best. I've owned the 470 since 98, and there is very little to desire to change, it has worked very well for me over the years. Just evolutional updates, like interior and exterior enhancements, power/drive-train updates etc. The day when I simply put too many miles on it and a replacement is necessary, I don't enjoy the idea to having to go and take a look at the Range Rover for example.
Old 04-06-07, 02:04 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ill check for ya'll tomorrow. Going to the show as soon as the places opens. If i can ill post from my cell phone

Originally Posted by Jim_Chow
99% sure it's a ladder frame, rigid rear axle, indep front suspension like now. Not sure if there are coils in front like on the GX/4runner/FJC or torsion bars (current LC, overseas hilux), though. Unibody flexes too much. My honda is unibody. When I put it on jacks (all wheels off the ground), the doors don't close as crisply as when the wheels are on the ground. That tells me the unibody is flexing. Not so w/ my 4runner and LX. The body is merely a decoration. You could strip the body off the chassis and drive the frame w/ engine only w/ no difference in offroad performance.
Old 04-06-07, 03:24 PM
Jayson
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim_Chow
You could strip the body off the chassis and drive the frame w/ engine only w/ no difference in offroad performance.
Jim, I would love to see you on the trail driving on the frame only.
Old 04-06-07, 03:26 PM
Jayson
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
ill check for ya'll tomorrow. Going to the show as soon as the places opens. If i can ill post from my cell phone
1LoudLX, make sure you get a few shots of the show ladies for us as well. Thanks!
Old 04-06-07, 03:48 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Jayson
1LoudLX, make sure you get a few shots of the show ladies for us as well. Thanks!
If you are using a cell phone shoot them from a real low angle
Old 04-06-07, 06:13 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Ill see what i can do for ya'll. My main thing is to go see the IS-F and take pictures of the "XL570" to post on this thread. If anyone has anything they would like a detailed picture of, PM me and ill make sure i can snap a shot of it.

Oh damn, i just thought how bad it would be if they have the XL570 blocked off for viewing only......what a crime that would be!
Old 04-06-07, 06:27 PM
Lexusman44
Driver

There is going to be a lx570 L? Like extended wheel base?

Lexusman44
Old 04-06-07, 07:23 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

who saideded that?
Old 04-06-07, 07:38 PM
Lexusman44
Driver

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
Ill see what i can do for ya'll. My main thing is to go see the IS-F and take pictures of the "XL570" to post on this thread. If anyone has anything they would like a detailed picture of, PM me and ill make sure i can snap a shot of it.

Oh damn, i just thought how bad it would be if they have the XL570 blocked off for viewing only......what a crime that would be!
He did "XL570"
Old 04-06-07, 07:43 PM
LXotic
Lexus Test Driver

look real good on the interior but...

exterior....could have done a better job.
It looks kinda like a Mitsubishi?
Old 04-06-07, 07:47 PM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Interesting...they are copying Range Rover's cross-linking air suspension...it will be a good thing. Unfortunately, Toyota is still nor arming their highend SUVs with rear locker. 2007 Range Rovers has rear locker as option.
Old 04-06-07, 08:02 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexusman44
He did "XL570"

its something someone made up yesterday, because the new LX will be so big it wont be good offroad, hince XL. I am that "he"

As far as lexus copying the RR cross linked air suspension, it still is going to be hydro like the current AHC from what has been released...just its going to be more advanced. Not air-ride.
Old 04-06-07, 11:22 PM
AKoch
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GoGoGadget
lol, you 470 guys are cracking me up, so much so that I just had to register and post.

this rig looks just like a 470 with the front end of an LS and (granted) some quirky tailights and a gorgous interior, yet it's inferior to the LX somehow. pilot? forrester....endeavor?

it looks right, in the Lexus scheme of things...L-finesse or whatnot.
Well, may be you could tell me then, why it does not make me jump with joy and run to the dealership to ask for the traid-in value of my LX470?

I don't know if you own an LX470 currenlty, but I think for many of us who do it is a question - do we like the new exterior styling, to make it palatable to upgrade. I would bet that most of the LX470 owners are fairly happy with their vehicle which turned out to be very good both mechanically and design-wise, and expected the new LX570 to be same or an improvement over the LX470. I can't deny it is an imporovement, especially for the interior (I don't really concern mycelf with the new engine, the 4.7 is 100% enough for me), but the exerior did not get me as excited as the interiror. Result is mixed feelings, so I'm not sure at all I will be upgrading to the LX570 at all at this point. Remember the recient BMW experience with bangle styling?

Quick Reply: LX570 Pics