LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Official Unofficial 3LX 570 thread (as in upcoming 3rd gen)

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-06, 07:22 PM
LexFather

Exclamation Official Unofficial 3LX 570 thread (as in upcoming 3rd gen)

Thanks 1loudlx for the suggestion.

Okay, we are going to sticky this and condense all know info here.

I can tell you that 5.7 liters is the engine size and it should be in the area of 400hp and 400lbs of torque.

It will be Seqoia based, the Toyota LandCruiser is dead so the LX built off the LandCruiser is dead. Why? Cost for one, the Land is a 55k Toyota and a 70k Lexus.
Also the Landcrusier Prado is the new Land, that is our current Lexus GX (and shared with the Toyota 4-runner)

Now there is published internal debate the new Sequioa maybe too big! So that means the new LX should be HUGE.

We all know the GX/LX are similar in dimensions even though the LX is the SUV flagship. With the RX growing and with the current GX size, the LX has to grow. Also A Lexus cross-over SUV based on the Lexus GS is all but confirmed.

Back to the new Lexus LX, do expect almost every feature in the LS available in the LX from a technology standpoint.

Feel free to post the spy pics that show a bunch of tape
Old 10-23-06, 07:40 PM
LexFather

Now I am not totally convinced by these spy shots, Lexus as well as most car makers usually have the new running gear (tranny, engine, etc) under an old shell.....
Old 10-23-06, 11:42 PM
davidsong
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, cool.. but if the new lx is gonna b similar to the current. then i guess i will stick to mine. lol.
Old 10-24-06, 08:48 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I can tell you that 5.7 liters is the engine size and it should be in the area of 400hp and 400lbs of torque.

It will be Seqoia based, the Toyota LandCruiser is dead so the LX built off the LandCruiser is dead. Why? Cost for one, the Land is a 55k Toyota and a 70k Lexus.
Also the Landcrusier Prado is the new Land, that is our current Lexus GX (and shared with the Toyota 4-runner)

Now there is published internal debate the new Sequioa maybe too big! So that means the new LX should be HUGE.

We all know the GX/LX are similar in dimensions even though the LX is the SUV flagship. With the RX growing and with the current GX size, the LX has to grow. Also A Lexus cross-over SUV based on the Lexus GS is all but confirmed.
I am sorry,but I am having hard time believing that LC will not make a come back for next gen. Personally, that would be the saddest thing that toyota can do to their image. The way I see is that, LC isn't about making profit. It's more like an halo car.

And for the love of god, please do not base LC or LX on the USDM Sequoia platform. That's just not right.

I love LC/LX and I hope that Toyota won't discountinue the LC.
Old 10-24-06, 09:06 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

I dont know. I just cant see Lexus building the LX on the Sequioa platform. In these pics it doesnt look any larger than the current LC/LX. That is a brand new interior. Something never seen in any other Toyota/Lexus SUV. If this test truck really is new running gear under an old body and the next LX is going to be Sequioa based, then how is this smaller dashboard going to fit into the much bigger Sequioa?? The Sequioa is a much wider SUV compared to the LC/LX.

I personally havent heard anything about Toyota discontinuing the LC except for a few other members here claiming that they are (no official Press Release, or from any sources). But all I know is that they are testing a brand new model.
Old 10-24-06, 09:15 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Anyway, whatever the next model will be built off of, I am sure it will be one hell of an SUV, just like the current LX.
Old 10-24-06, 09:28 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From things that I have heard and read, the Land Cruiser is going to return for the next generation but with a slightly different persona than the current model. The FJ Cruiser is kind of a no-nonsense offroader and from what I understand the LC is supposed to become a bit more rugged and less mainstream to compliment the FJC. Think of it has an H2 competitor almost- $50Kish niche, offroad, iconic. The Sequoia will continue on as the mainstream Expedition/Tahoe/Suburban fighter but the LC is going to become the upscale, bigger brother to the FJ Cruiser.

I can't confirm that, but it makes sense to me.
Old 10-24-06, 08:52 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

that seems to make sense but we will just have to wait to see what the squinty eyed friends of ours from the east decide to do. I hope they do something that makes me...and the rest of us LX owners happy.
Old 10-25-06, 11:08 AM
gatorsmile
Driver School Candidate

Interesting guess at how it will look:

from here: http://www.topspeed.com/cars/lexus/l...0-ar14943.html
Old 10-25-06, 12:20 PM
LX470Pilot
Driver School Candidate

That's awful - looks like a slightly larger Rav-4.

It might just be the angle, but if you look at the distance over the rear wheel from where the rear door meets the body flare - to the rear bumper - looks like they've shortened the body length by a good 12", maybe more.

If this is what the thing is going to be, I'd bet we won't see the third-row seats in it - maybe jump-seats like in the MB G-class or LR Discovery, but not a full bench.

If the 2nd pic on the site with the blue paint job is right - the rear end looks like a minivan.

I know these are artists-conceptions, but there is something about the over-all Land Cruiser design that has always spoken of "expedition" and 'safari', even if it DID have the Lexus badge on it - these look like just another soccer-mom grocerystore-mall runner.

Sorry.

These are just advance 'it might look like this' drawings - lets hope the real thing is better.
Old 10-25-06, 01:56 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

These are just photochopped GX's. Obviously.
Old 10-26-06, 08:24 PM
osomoso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
that seems to make sense but we will just have to wait to see what the squinty eyed friends of ours from the east decide to do. I hope they do something that makes me...and the rest of us LX owners happy.
Old 10-26-06, 11:36 PM
LexFather

I do hope they keep the quad lights....
Old 10-27-06, 12:56 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I do hope they keep the quad lights....
Amen, i wouldnt mind seeing a GS inspired LX. However a LS inspired LX would bore me as i dont think a LS front end would look good supersized.

Case study: Front of the current GX470. Looks like a minivan with a LS430 front slapped on, ugly.
Old 10-27-06, 04:24 AM
aedgington
Lead Lap

I'm sorry, I just read this. Land Cruiser dead? Where did that info come from?

Quick Reply: Official Unofficial 3LX 570 thread (as in upcoming 3rd gen)