LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

LX 570 Interior Question: Cabernet or Black?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-16, 11:45 AM
AKh
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LX 570 Interior Question: Cabernet or Black?

I am settled on black onyx for the exterior color, and deciding on whether to go with black interior or the cabernet (rusty reddish looking). For those that have the black exterior and cabernet interior lx, are you happy with your choice? Those of you who have black on black, did you consider cabernet as well, and if so, are you happy with choosing black on black?
Old 12-28-16, 12:39 PM
Bimmer32
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I have black and tan interiors before and currently on other cars, but since the cabernet was different, I got that color for the LX. It is actually pretty nice. Just know that if you get it with linear expresso wood trim (shimamoku), the steering wheel wood will not match but has a similar tint to the rest of the trims.
Old 02-13-17, 11:04 AM
tlhicks
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

My wife and I considered the Cabernet but when with black. Less chance of any stains from jeans and such. The tan leather in or RX got blue jean stains on it and was a pain to get out. The black on black in beautiful.

Old 02-13-17, 11:49 AM
andreasP
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Love my Cabernet interior. Black and Cabernet is a nice combo. I have White and Cabernet.
You have to see it in person to decide.
Old 02-13-17, 12:57 PM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Wife likes the black, LOVES the Carbenet. Loooooooooooves the Carbenet.
Old 02-13-17, 03:38 PM
Reggie1
Intermediate

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Have you searched this forum? There was a thread about cabernet seat color right here here around a month ago with around 40 posts.
Old 02-13-17, 04:54 PM
andreasP
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Go with Cabernet..... Rarely do cars come in such a nice shade of red and in many luxury cars such as Range Rover or Porsche you will have to pay for it. All cars come in black interior.
Old 02-13-17, 06:37 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Carbernet ...... Black exterior and black interior would be very hot in the summer time.
Old 02-13-17, 10:09 PM
Reggie1
Intermediate

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by DocT
Carbernet ...... Black exterior and black interior would be very hot in the summer time.
The cabernet interior scheme still has large portions inside which are black. And isn't the headliner light colored in all interior color schemes? Seems like the major determining factor in interior heat would be the exterior color.

And just a few related general questions for everyone. Do you park the LX in a garage at home, or outside at home? At work, where do you park - outside or in a covered parking deck? When you park in the sun on a hot, sunny day, do you roll down the windows and open the sunroof for a while after your start, or do you leave the windows up and depend on the AC for all interior cool down? I really like the all windows down, sunroof open remote feature to allow some escape of hot air while walking towards the car. Do you use this feature on your LX?
Old 02-14-17, 05:33 AM
tlhicks
Driver

Originally Posted by Reggie1
The cabernet interior scheme still has large portions inside which are black. And isn't the headliner light colored in all interior color schemes? Seems like the major determining factor in interior heat would be the exterior color.

And just a few related general questions for everyone. Do you park the LX in a garage at home, or outside at home? At work, where do you park - outside or in a covered parking deck? When you park in the sun on a hot, sunny day, do you roll down the windows and open the sunroof for a while after your start, or do you leave the windows up and depend on the AC for all interior cool down? I really like the all windows down, sunroof open remote feature to allow some escape of hot air while walking towards the car. Do you use this feature on your LX?
Every LX deserves a Garaged Home! Work you can't help. I always open all windows. No need to try to cool that super heated air when you can just release it instead. The all windows down feature is awesome!
Old 02-14-17, 09:22 AM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Reggie1

The future owner has already decided to have black exterior , but still he has not decided what interior color. Hence, I suggested Carbernet even though it would not help him very much but it would stand out with black exterior. Technically, you are right...... the major determining factor is exterior and not only that it is difficult to maintain. One would see every tiny defects on the paint if not maintain properly.

Can some one show how to use the window feature? I have never used it and did not it has one. Thank you.
Old 02-14-17, 10:07 AM
tlhicks
Driver

My wife and I were torn between the 2 same choices. We figured we will have this for many years and wanted to go the safe route with grand kids and such. Plus the understated luxury of black is just unbeatable and will have the highest resale value. We did truly like the Cabernet tho. It's a tough decision.
Old 02-14-17, 07:04 PM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

We specifically sought out an LX with cabernet interior. It was a must for us. I think its beautiful, and was a perfect choice.
Old 03-29-17, 11:11 PM
jpcdmd
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

It's "espresso," not "eXpresso."
Old 03-30-17, 03:30 PM
yakim
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I would imagine that striking as it is, cabernet interior would get to be too annoying long-term, based on my own Saab convertible with red interior experience may years ago

Quick Reply: LX 570 Interior Question: Cabernet or Black?