LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Instrument Cluster dead

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-16, 06:12 PM
jburns024
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Instrument Cluster dead

2002 LX470, 225000 mi. Instrument cluster dead. Speedometer and tachometer still functioning. Gas, oil pressure, voltage, and temp gauge dead. All indicator lights working at ignition. Transmission gear indicator illuminated. All other lights and electronics working, truck running well. No back light or needle lights. Have pulled all three ecu fuses (one under hood, two at drivers kick panel) pulled gauge fuse and all are good. Switched out the 15A gauge fuse for a new one. Disconnected the negative from battery for 75 minutes. No luck. PLEASE HELP!?!?!?
Old 12-08-16, 03:17 PM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Received 109 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by jburns024
2002 LX470, 225000 mi. Instrument cluster dead. Speedometer and tachometer still functioning. Gas, oil pressure, voltage, and temp gauge dead. All indicator lights working at ignition. Transmission gear indicator illuminated. All other lights and electronics working, truck running well. No back light or needle lights. Have pulled all three ecu fuses (one under hood, two at drivers kick panel) pulled gauge fuse and all are good. Switched out the 15A gauge fuse for a new one. Disconnected the negative from battery for 75 minutes. No luck. PLEASE HELP!?!?!?

Hi, Tanin Auto Electronix here. We are vendors on the site and are happy to offer assistance on the instrument cluster repair for your LX470. We have a diagnostics repair service here:

http://www.taninautoelectronix.com/G...uster_diag.htm

Let us know if you have any questions at all. We are happy to help out in the repair.

Thanks,
www.taninautoelectronix.com

Old 12-14-16, 01:49 PM
lymlyt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used Tanin, Racine WI, this past summer to "rebuild" my 2005 LX470 cluster (speedometer was malfunctioning) and they did a great job! What I liked about their service was a "top to bottom" rebuild. Every gauge, etc. not just what is presently failing. Jesse (sp?) was great and provided numerous options; including dropping my vehicle off, removal of the cluster, repair, and then reinstall. I was able to do this because of proximity to Racine. They even met me on Saturday to pick it up so I didn't have to deal with the dreadful Chicago traffic. I found lower prices elsewhere but after talking with Jesse I felt confident it would be done "right" and not have to deal with any cluster issues (hopefully) for a very long time. It's a pain in the neck to remove, ship, wait for the return, and then re install-so you only won't to it once. On a side note, I purchased an "ebay" cluster repair for my Mercedes that was very inexpensive but they didn't fix it the first time and I had to send back a second time. Two week round trip each time. Big pain in the neck. I highly recommend Tanin, their service, and their people! A+++.
Old 12-14-16, 03:51 PM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Received 109 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by lymlyt
I used Tanin, Racine WI, this past summer to "rebuild" my 2005 LX470 cluster (speedometer was malfunctioning) and they did a great job! What I liked about their service was a "top to bottom" rebuild. Every gauge, etc. not just what is presently failing. Jesse (sp?) was great and provided numerous options; including dropping my vehicle off, removal of the cluster, repair, and then reinstall. I was able to do this because of proximity to Racine. They even met me on Saturday to pick it up so I didn't have to deal with the dreadful Chicago traffic. I found lower prices elsewhere but after talking with Jesse I felt confident it would be done "right" and not have to deal with any cluster issues (hopefully) for a very long time. It's a pain in the neck to remove, ship, wait for the return, and then re install-so you only won't to it once. On a side note, I purchased an "ebay" cluster repair for my Mercedes that was very inexpensive but they didn't fix it the first time and I had to send back a second time. Two week round trip each time. Big pain in the neck. I highly recommend Tanin, their service, and their people! A+++.
lymlyt, We truly appreciate your rave reviews and that you chose us to work on your car. It was our pleasure and we will make sure that Jesse hears how much you enjoyed working with him as well! Our team strives for this type of feedback with every customer experience. Thank you again and let us know if there is ever anything that we can do for you in the future. You can always get our special Saturday service! We don't want you dealing with Chicago traffic if you don't have to.
www.taninautoelectronix.com