LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Suspension Fluid

Old 02-09-16, 03:48 PM
ajosow
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Fluid

Hi again,
I have a 2005 LX470 with about 79k on the clock. It's only had the basics done since 2012, so its not in the best shape. Today I noticed that the suspension fluid level was a decent amount below the minimum line. I read the manual and follow the steps to lower than raise the truck in order to see if the fluid actually was low, which it is. After reading forums Ive learned to only used Lexus's fluid because apparently it's their own unique mixture. I called up Lexus and they said its $65 for the tin. (i found it only for cheaper but idk if i should bother) Anyone, im wondering if i would need a full flush done or if I could just add the fluid to bring it up to the proper amount. I don't want to just leave it as it is because i know that the AHC is extremely expensive to repair.
Any Advice is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Alex
Old 02-09-16, 11:00 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by ajosow
Hi again,
I have a 2005 LX470 with about 79k on the clock. It's only had the basics done since 2012, so its not in the best shape. Today I noticed that the suspension fluid level was a decent amount below the minimum line. I read the manual and follow the steps to lower than raise the truck in order to see if the fluid actually was low, which it is. After reading forums Ive learned to only used Lexus's fluid because apparently it's their own unique mixture. I called up Lexus and they said its $65 for the tin. (i found it only for cheaper but idk if i should bother) Anyone, im wondering if i would need a full flush done or if I could just add the fluid to bring it up to the proper amount. I don't want to just leave it as it is because i know that the AHC is extremely expensive to repair.
Any Advice is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Alex
Alex, your homework is to go here ih8mud.com Series 100 AHC Thread and read through the pages.

Toyota uses the same fluid...$30 per can here in Boise. You'll need 1+ cans for a complete flush. Do NOT consider using anything else. Just topping off the fluid would be the same as just topping off engine oil when you're past the need for an oil change.

PM me if you have questions above and beyond what the mud thread addresses.

hth

Steve