LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Welcome to Club Lexus! LX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-16, 06:06 AM
bright2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Lexus LX470 100,500 miles

Hello,

My name is Ming. I have bought another Lexus, this time LX470. My first one was a SC400. This is my fifth. Still have a LS430 and a RX350.

I found a ton of useful info here. Hope to contribute some in the future.
Old 06-17-16, 05:40 AM
NorCalLX
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2001 lx

Hello fellow LX owners! Just bought my 2001 with 211k on the odometer. Previous ride was a 98 montero. Planning on taking it camping with my 4 kids!
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! LX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-20160529_194814.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! LX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-20160529_194740.jpg  
Old 06-18-16, 07:04 AM
PADDO
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi,
Thought I'd say hello and introduce myself. Currently have an 03 LX with 155k miles, purchased in 2005. Previously owned a '98 LX and an SC. I'm pretty familiar with the LX/100 series platforms and hope to add some value to this forum. I've been on IH8MUD for about 10 years and thought I'd join here too.
Stephen
Old 10-10-16, 06:38 AM
JD2T
Driver School Candidate

what's going on everyone?

New member here, Looking to just see what everyone else has been up to with there LX 470. My wife has one and I really do enjoy driving it when I can. Picked up an 2006 with 75k on it, felt new and tight as a new vehicle, was impressed by it. it's got the nav, and mark levinson audio, seems to have all the bells and whistles. What has everyone been using for a remote starter? is there a factory option here ( if so probably a waste of money) or what's the best course of action?

Thanks,

Justin
Old 11-18-16, 07:57 PM
tggivens
Driver School Candidate

1. 2000 Lexus RX 300
2. Red, tan
3. No
4. N/A
Old 11-19-16, 03:17 AM
Lexcash
Driver School Candidate

Default Hello from SHADYVILLE,NY

Hello all.
ITS BEEN AWHILE BUT I PICKED UP A SC 430 PROJECT. I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH BMW AND EUROS FOR A MINUTE....WANTED TO GET MY FEET WET AGAIN SO I FOUND AN SC430 and HAVE BEEN PLAYING AROUND WITH A s2000 build.
The sc430 is
pearl white
cream int
needs some tlc but I'm sure you guys can help me along the wAy.
My daily driver
Project sc430
Old 11-20-16, 11:40 AM
HokieLX
Driver School Candidate

Hey all, I've been on MUD for a while now but figured I'd make an account here as well. I picked up a 2003 LX470 out of Atlanta with 165k on it. Full records for service every 3k miles since end of warranty. 2 owner. This is my first Lexus as my two previous cars were a highly modified 2007 BMW 335 and then most recently, a 2013 Audi S4.

So far I've gotten rid of the running boards, put some 275/70/18 K02 tires and checked my AHC pressures with Techstream. All pressures are in spec, surprisingly. Also did a full interior clean up and de-grimed the leather seats. I detail on the side so the truck will get a full leatherique treatment over Christmas along with a full exterior detail and paint correction and will be topped with GTechniq CSL/EXO coating. Wheels were already taken off, cleaned inside and out and had a ceramic wheel coating applied.

Next up is a SC430 headlight retrofit. If anyone has a set let me know!

Untitled by Chris Merritt, on Flickr
Old 12-08-16, 09:27 PM
Lex664
Driver School Candidate

Talking Newbe Lex 664

Originally Posted by Welcome to CL
Members,

When you get your LX, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including;

1. Year and package
3. Color or the exterior and interior
2. Navigation or no navigation / Mark Levinson
4. Option Packages or options

and other details such as pictures you might have of your LX or tell us what you drove previously

and congratulations from Club Lexus!
I just purchased a stock 2002 LX 470 with 135+ k miles. It is super clean [good detailing job] has nav but no back up camera. Did this year offer back up cameras? The exterior is metallic pearl white and the interior is tan leather. I was looking for a Toyota 4 Runner limited but hesitated and now it's gone. I traded a 1989 Supra Turbo for the LX. Guess it's time to "grow up" and drive a classy vehicle. I have a few issues on the LX. Can't feel any difference with the "comfort to sport" setting on the firmness of the ride. How can I check the operation of the settings? Seems to be stuck on "sport" giving a very firm ride like my Supra .
Old 12-10-16, 05:03 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Lex664
I just purchased a stock 2002 LX 470 with 135+ k miles. It is super clean [good detailing job] has nav but no back up camera. Did this year offer back up cameras? The exterior is metallic pearl white and the interior is tan leather. I was looking for a Toyota 4 Runner limited but hesitated and now it's gone. I traded a 1989 Supra Turbo for the LX. Guess it's time to "grow up" and drive a classy vehicle. I have a few issues on the LX. Can't feel any difference with the "comfort to sport" setting on the firmness of the ride. How can I check the operation of the settings? Seems to be stuck on "sport" giving a very firm ride like my Supra .
BU camera was not offered.

For AHC, put a piece of masking tape on the outside of the AHC reservoir near the measuring graduations. Drive the truck until it gets to normal operating temperature. Stop the truck on a level surface, leave the engine running, select "low" on the AHC switch and wait for the truck to lower and stabilize. Grab a magic marker and mark the AHC fluid level on the tape. Get back in the truck and set the AHC to "high". Wait until the truck stops raising, get out and put another mark on the tape at the fluid level (it will be lower than your first mark. Between the first and second mark you should see at least 7-8 graduations. More is OK, but you should have a dealer or indy shop lower the raised pressure with Toyota's TIS computer program. Less means you've got something leaking someplace. TIS reads pressure on each corner, so troubleshooting is simple, normally. Normally, the comfort setting is extremely cushy...ng to me for curvy pavement, but a Godsend on dirt and gravel washboard roads.

Enjoy.

Steve
The following users liked this post:
Lex664 (12-11-16)
Old 12-11-16, 05:42 PM
Lex664
Driver School Candidate

Smile Ride Control

Thanks for your tip on ride setting . I am 20+ miles from the local Toyota Dealer so will have to get the fluid first. My fluid is pretty dark but no leaks.
Old 12-12-16, 10:06 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Lex664
Thanks for your tip on ride setting . I am 20+ miles from the local Toyota Dealer so will have to get the fluid first. My fluid is pretty dark but no leaks.
Lex664, you're most welcome. Realize I gave you the basic field test. When you get the AHC sorted out, consider perhaps running TIS aka Techstream on a tablet or laptop. Much more info in the 100 series forum on ih8mud.com.

Best of luck at the dealer. I tend to change the AHC fluid every 2 years...well under the normal recommended mileage. But 2 cans of fluid around $50 and half an hour of my time I figure (hopefully) it's cheap insurance.

Steve
Old 04-04-17, 12:54 AM
premierjos
Driver School Candidate

Default Been miring for a minute.

Finally got to grab one. High mileage but worth the risk. 1owner 99 195. Great shape. Had a 98 GS400 that I loved till I lost her (wife totaled it). Hoping to hit the 350k I've heard about.
Old 04-25-17, 07:54 AM
ta1drman
Driver School Candidate

New to Lexus--I have a 2007 LX470 with 156,800 miles on it. I still have my 1999 Land Cruiser (247,450 miles) which is going strong that my daughter has: a Land Cruiser first car compared to my 1959 Chevy Impala which was totally rusted out.

Work I've done on the car: installed bluetooth unit to stream music, tuned up and replaced all the ignition coils (8). I did this on my LC and experienced a noticeable difference in performance. After doing this on the LX I did not notice a difference but the price has come down on these coils (from $85 to $30)--so I think of it as insurance.

My MPG is notable--about 19 MPG when driving in the mountains as there is so much downhill. On mixed driving I am averaging 16.4 to 17.2 which I suspect many would agree is pretty good. I always have the computer on info and MPG.
Old 05-01-17, 08:36 PM
premierjos
Driver School Candidate

Default Old But Love It!

i just got a 99 LX with 195k on it. I got five kids so my cars take a back seat lol! I know it's old but man do I love it. Pearl white No Nav Mark Levinson.

Question - the air ride is still active. It has what feels to me to be extreme body roll can that be corrected? Or does it need to be converted?
Old 05-01-17, 08:45 PM
ta1drman
Driver School Candidate

My Toyota LC did not have the air suspension and the LX470 suspension sure is nice. I have noticed a number of guys replace the air suspension with fixed--it is MUCH less expensive. This said, I read somewhere, although I don't remember where, that there is a TX company that repairs what I think is a pump which I am under the impression is the common culprit. Check the shocks for leaks...if there is a leak it could be a bad shock. Good luck--in my opinion, having owned quite a few vehicles, I got spoiled with my 99 LC...the LX470 is sooo nice. But, before buying the LX470 I bought a 2015 brand new Toyota Highlander Hybrid Plat. Limited--didn't like it and sold it (huge loss). Then I bought a 16 Volvo XC90 with all the bells and whistles which I ended up giving to my wife--IMHO you cannot beat the comfort of the LX/LC! Good luck!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! LX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE