LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Auto A/C question in my 06 LX470

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-08, 10:18 PM
pingwrx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto A/C question in my 06 LX470

I purchased a used 06 LX470, and I have a question about the automatic climate control. I noticed that when its hot outside, say 85 degrees or higher and the cars been sitting outside for awhile and if the auto climate control is set to on with the inside temperature set around 70 or lower; as soon as I start my car I get a FULL blast of air in my face, it seems like the A/C kicks on immediately and the fan is set on high. This gets annoying as the air is not really cool yet and all I feel and hear is the fan blasting air through the vents. Is this normal? I would think there's some kind of a regulator or switch that would prevent this or that would gradually increase the A/C fan after the car has been started. As I said before I purchased this car used, perhaps the previous owner removed some type of regulator to get this effect?

Any input would greatly be appreciated it. Thanks.

Last edited by pingwrx; 08-27-08 at 10:24 PM.
Old 08-28-08, 06:34 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by pingwrx
I purchased a used 06 LX470, and I have a question about the automatic climate control. I noticed that when its hot outside, say 85 degrees or higher and the cars been sitting outside for awhile and if the auto climate control is set to on with the inside temperature set around 70 or lower; as soon as I start my car I get a FULL blast of air in my face, it seems like the A/C kicks on immediately and the fan is set on high. This gets annoying as the air is not really cool yet and all I feel and hear is the fan blasting air through the vents. Is this normal? I would think there's some kind of a regulator or switch that would prevent this or that would gradually increase the A/C fan after the car has been started. As I said before I purchased this car used, perhaps the previous owner removed some type of regulator to get this effect?

Any input would greatly be appreciated it. Thanks.
Normal and you want this to happen since the system is pushing all the hot air out of the vehicle and you will cool down faster. I just move the vent for a minute.
Old 08-31-08, 11:16 PM
AKoch
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's right. Mine does the same.

Opening windows for a couple of minutes initially also helps to get it cooled down quicker.
Old 09-04-08, 11:27 AM
Da Hapa
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine does the same but it's brief.

We rarely park outside anyway but in those instances where it can't be helped and it's hot outside, I use the remote in the key to lower all the windows and open the moonroof prior to me getting in the vehicle to facilitate cooling that big ***** down.

The HVAC system in ours is amazing. It works very well.

My only complaint is that there's no way to adj. the rear temp. settings from the front seats. A big oversight by Lexus, IMO.
Old 09-09-08, 08:36 AM
Hoser
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't you just turn the "auto" feature off?
Old 09-13-08, 12:19 PM
tella
Driver

it also normal on mine since the day one (got it brand new). the blower runs for about 7-10 sec at full blast and then reduces gradually to the minimum in the AUTO mode.
Old 09-19-08, 05:30 PM
pingwrx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tella
it also normal on mine since the day one (got it brand new). the blower runs for about 7-10 sec at full blast and then reduces gradually to the minimum in the AUTO mode.
Thanks for all the input. Unlike yours, mine keeps blowing until I have to manually adjust it. Mine doesn't reduce after 7-10 seconds, it keeps going @ full blast. Is there some kind of regulator that controls this?
Old 10-07-08, 07:50 PM
V8_Fan
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Hapa
Mine does the same but it's brief.

We rarely park outside anyway but in those instances where it can't be helped and it's hot outside, I use the remote in the key to lower all the windows and open the moonroof prior to me getting in the vehicle to facilitate cooling that big ***** down.

The HVAC system in ours is amazing. It works very well.

My only complaint is that there's no way to adj. the rear temp. settings from the front seats. A big oversight by Lexus, IMO.
I think the temp in the rear can be controlled by the auto climate control. The controls in the rear override the auto from what the owner's manual describes. I seldom use auto except when starting the car when it's hot inside and need to cool the interior fast. The AC is effective. Even when it's 107F outside, I have the rear on medium and front on the next to lowest setting. This car is designed for driving in 4wd low uphill with 8 passengers and gear when it's 130F outside. Toyota tests the LC/LX in the Middle East for a long period before it's even offered for sale to the public. The design for the '98 LC100/LX470 was finalized in 1994, so it was tested for several years before being sold.