LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

06'LX: Active suspension problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-06, 03:10 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, i went to my lexus dealership today to ask about the problem. The night shift service manager quickly told me it was a AHC sensor that is most likely causing the problem. He also said the HID system would have no affect on your AHC so that is thrown out.

Then we went and spoke with one of the head techs who owns a LX470 himself. I asked him and the SM about the possiblility of the 06/07 having auto leveling "headlights" and they both said it does NOT.

The tech said that there was a recent TSB out for the Auto Height Control(AHC) sensors with a new part number for the sensors. Tella, the dealership you went to probably doesnt have the proper parts or even the knowledge to read the TSB that came out directly for that. I would check and download the TSB for you however I do not have an account with the toyota information system.

http://techinfo.toyota.com/

Anyways tella, in short both the SM and the tech said you need to go back and have them correct the problem they tried to fix. The SM asked me, why didnt you tell him to bring it here? I was like, uhh he is in IL. The dealership i go to is an "Elite" dealership and is staffed with knowledgable people who dont try to BS their way around.

I would suggest you find another dealership if you go back and they still dont want to fix it. Im pretty sure that TSB the tech mentioned has something to do with this situation.
Old 12-29-06, 04:46 PM
aedgington
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's an Elite dealership? There are only... uhh... 3? Lexus dealerships in Houston and none of them have that designation... at least they don't advertise it...

Oops, never mind. I just checked Lexus' web site and they're all Elite.
Old 12-29-06, 05:59 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

elite of lexus dealership just means they provide above average service and at top notch.
Old 12-29-06, 06:40 PM
tella
Driver

Default Update

I just received a phone call from the dealer, who claimed that they believe they found and fixed the problem, but they would like to drive the SUV for a little while to confirm the solution. The problem that they have identified was a defective relay that activates AHC height hydraulic cylinder. I hope they are right. Also, the HID is no longer a problem for them. See, I bought five Lexus vehicles from them so far and they do want my business there, thus they showed extra effort to accommodate my needs. Unfortunately, I will not get my SUV till next year. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! This is the most informative and friendly forum around. Thank you all for your support.

Last edited by tella; 12-29-06 at 06:44 PM.
Old 12-29-06, 07:54 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by tella
I just received a phone call from the dealer, who claimed that they believe they found and fixed the problem, but they would like to drive the SUV for a little while to confirm the solution. The problem that they have identified was a defective relay that activates AHC height hydraulic cylinder. I hope they are right. Also, the HID is no longer a problem for them. See, I bought five Lexus vehicles from them so far and they do want my business there, thus they showed extra effort to accommodate my needs. Unfortunately, I will not get my SUV till next year. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! This is the most informative and friendly forum around. Thank you all for your support.
Congrats, I guess you aren't screwed.
Old 12-30-06, 03:08 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

yeah, its better in a shop on new years anyway...you dont want to get in an accident with some drunkard.

But your previous vehicle purchases aside, they should take the extra effort for your biz reguardless. Thats just my take. I personally would stop going to my dealership if they ever gave me some BS feed like they originally did to you. I dont know, i think its just the ethics and the way dealerships sometimes try to just get themselves out of it.

You buy a 70,000 dollar truck and expect it to work, if it doesnt they should fix it under warranty reguardless.

ANYWAYS, my rant is over...good luck hope its all good for 2007+
Old 12-30-06, 03:57 AM
aedgington
Lead Lap

Damn, 1Loud, I hope you never own a BMW then, lol. There's a reason BMW owners coined the phrase $tealership...