LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

2004 LX - body cladding

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-04, 06:05 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question 2004 LX - body cladding

It's hard to tell on the Lexus.com website, but I'm trying to figure out the body cladding color pairings on the '04 LX.

It looks like the black LX has matching body cladding in black (not gray) - Can someone with a black '04 LX confirm?

What other body colors have exact matching body cladding? It looks like white and gold might, but its really difficult to tell online.

Thanks for your help! Pics would be much appreciated also.
Old 01-24-04, 11:59 PM
tman378
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello.
I am sure I have seen all the available colors for the LX because I did extensive research on the vehicle and visited the dealership many times before I made my purchase. I can affirmatively tell you that the only color that does not have a matching color for cladding is Black. The black will have a dark gray cladding which is almost undetectable in dark lighting. But in bright light such as sun light, you will be able to see that the cladding has a lighter shade than the body color. I have learned of some people who actually had the dealership "black out" their black LX's, which means painting the cladding to be the same black color as the body. But all black ones come with gray cladding from the factory.

All other colors will come with the cladding matching the body color. I know for sure that the sand dollar pearl has a color-matched cladding because I'm leasing one right now (It is pretty nice I must say. Looks very elegant). And I know that the Galactic Gray also has a color-matched cladding because that is the one I have been looking to buy. I have to tell you that i think it is the nicest color out of all. You don't often see one because it is quite rare and often do not show up at dealerships in great numbers. I had to put in a special order for it and still am waiting for it to come. Since I also special ordered the Lexus Link system to be installed from factory, I have to wait especially long because Lexus has stopped installing Lexus Link in their vehicles unless specifically requested.

All other colors we pretty much see on the road all the time so we know that they all have matching colors for the cladding: the blizzard pearl (white), Blue Vapor silver etc.

I tried to post some pictures for you but I don't know how to do it. Sorry..

Last edited by tman378; 01-25-04 at 12:03 AM.