LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

LX470 Stereo Wiring Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-08, 02:46 PM
celia
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the trim, what I used to do in the ghetto days was to take the styrofoam trays from the meat at the supermarket, wash it, and cut it to size. The "premium" meats came on black trays, so that way I didn't need to paint it.

Now-a-days, I take a heat gun (jumbo hair dryer) to a plastic sheet from the hobby store. If you still have the factory stereo, you can use it as a template. You just have to take it slow so that it doesn't melt too fast.

Aftermarket head units may need to be pushed out about 5 mm to match up with the front of the dash. You'll need to find longer screws and a few washers to bush out the unit. Each unit is different, so measure after installing, then go find the parts.
Old 05-23-08, 02:13 PM
MNiern
Driver School Candidate

Default Kenwood DNX7100 to replace my LX470 Head Unit

I have just purchased a Kenwood KNX7100 GPS/Head Unit and am just preparing to install it into my 2000 LX470 w/Nakamichi. I have the wiring diagram and it looks like a fairly straight forward install. I plan to use the Nakamichi power amp and the current question is: should I use the preout audio (RCA plugs) or the output from the power amp into the factory wiring loom? Thanks in advance for your response.
Old 01-01-09, 04:03 PM
norketjr
Driver School Candidate

Default What outputs did you use?

I'm installing a Kenwood DNX5120 in a 2000 LX470. Did you complete your install and if so, what outputs did you run to the amp? The pre outs or the amplified outputs? Thanks
Old 01-01-09, 08:43 PM
MNiern
Driver School Candidate

I ended up taking out the factory amp and running the amplified outputs from the Kenwood directly to the speakers. I put in an amplified sub and use the sup pre-out.
I removed the factory amp and re-wired the harness to pass the pre outs directly to the speakers.
The install took more time than I expected but was well worth it...
Old 01-03-09, 08:06 AM
norketjr
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks

Thank you for your help. I finally got my head unit in yesterday. I ended up using the existing amp. I ran the regular speaker outs to the amp and it works fine. I did have to jumper the ACC to the amp remote on to get the amp to turn on with the radio. After doing this, I think I could have used the Power Control Wire to the amp and accomplished the same thing???

I'm just waiting on my XM unit(still on order), so I can finish all the wiring and then start on the console adapter to make it look good.
Old 01-04-09, 06:55 AM
MNiern
Driver School Candidate

Glad you got it working. The reason I chose to remove the amp is that I couldn't hear a noticeable difference in the sound with the factory amp in the circuit. This is one of those projects that was really worth the effort. The black plastic trim which covers the space around the radio looks great but you need to spend a little extra effort when you cut it to make it fit just right. Let me know how it comes out.
Old 01-05-09, 09:08 AM
Smeagol
Driver School Candidate

Default me too

I'm contemplating doing a Kenwood DNX install on my '00 LX470 as well. Any pictures and/or detailed descriptions you all could provide will be very appreciated.
Old 01-05-09, 10:08 AM
MNiern
Driver School Candidate

Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the install, but I would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Old 02-22-09, 08:00 PM
pearlLx
Driver School Candidate

i'm doing a dnx5120 install as well and all the shops tell me i have to bypass the amp. i said nope. thanks to you guys i see its possible to keep the amp. i've got all my speakers connected and the powered, i can even hear music, its just really quiet. this has led me to believe the factory amp is not powering on. i see i am supposed to 'jumper' the acc wire or something like that but i am confused as to what that means. any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-27-09, 06:23 AM
raj276
Driver School Candidate

Hey Guys,I also want to install Kenwood DNX5120 in LX470,so,Please anybody help me?
I have Mark Levinson system,so I need to know about how to do wiring and also is it I have to use factory amp.or can be done through Kenwood unit?Please e-mail me if possible wiring sketch or pictures at raj276@gmail.com.Looking forward to hear from somone soon,so that I can start this soon.I already pull out the factory installed radio.
Tahnks a lot......
Old 02-28-09, 04:01 AM
looker55
Driver School Candidate

I have Lx470 equipped with NAKAMICHI AUDIO System, but i want remove it and install Mark Levinson ( Navigation&Audio system/Changer). Does anybody know how to by full set from US or other country? My location - Russia,Vladivostok.
Old 06-06-10, 01:43 PM
clubRSX
Driver School Candidate

Hey, I know this thread is old but I was wondering if you guys could help me install Clarion NX409 into my Dad's 1999 Lexus LX470.

I followed the wiring diagram but I'm unsure where the White +B wire is suppose to be connected too. Does it connect to the +12V main power on the Clarion unit?

Here are pic of the stock harness I cut:
Name:  lx47001.jpg
Views: 24731
Size:  61.2 KB

Pic of how I connected the Clarion to stock wiring:
Name:  Clarion-Stock.jpg
Views: 26722
Size:  44.6 KB

Thanks
Old 06-06-10, 02:10 PM
celia
5th Gear

My factory unit had a CD player AND a cassette player. That's two motors needing 12V each. So I suspect the two 12V B+ wires are there for setups where there are two devices to drive. When I installed a Sony CD only system, I just left one of the 12V B+ wires taped up.
Old 06-06-10, 02:49 PM
clubRSX
Driver School Candidate

Ah ok. One of the fuses blew out so we have to get that replaced first. So I guess I can leave the white wire 12V taped up. Did you also have to Jumper the ignition wire to the Amp wire (Black/Red) too? For that connection it would be wire connected between the Amp and the ACC right?
Old 07-16-10, 01:34 PM
WantGS
Rookie

You guys know that a plug and play kit is available instead of splicing and cutting wires right?

Quick Reply: LX470 Stereo Wiring Help