LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Airrex vs. Accuair

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-15, 02:16 PM
Baotloi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airrex vs. Accuair

Anyone have thoughts on both systems (Pros and Cons)? I'm planning to get an air system with emanage for my LS460 in the near future and needed some opinions from those who have experience with these systems.

Thanks!
Old 06-08-15, 07:41 AM
happyhood
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are you talking the whole setup or just the management?

airrex can come all together, (struts, bags, tank, management, etc)....

accuair is just the management.

i know accuair does not have air pressure gauge with their system, a lot add a gauge on to monitor the air. also if you install it right, it's a great system. if the links are binded or too much stress they use to break. i heard they updated that though.

I have Airrex on my matrix, so do bunch of my friends on other cars (535i, fit, ls460 awd, etc). we love the bags, it's really just bolt in. i know the LS bag/struts feels really NICE, not to stiff but yet not bouncy.

the Airrex management is wireless, which is pretty dope. we all got the top of the line kits so it display our read out. i know they just release their key chain version which is suppose to be the entry level kit.

if you are looking for the bag, some gone universal air, and airrunner.

other management you might want to check out is airlift, heard they are getting a new wireless management too. bunch of my friends have it and it's really good too.

good luck.
Old 06-08-15, 08:11 AM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Most will know my answer haha. I run a airrunner paired with accuair management. I love the setup. No pressure gauges but can be added if desired. Personally I don't need the pressure gauges. It'll just tell you where you are. On a 460 it'll be a 100-120 up front and 60-80 in the rear depending on the height you want and stiffness you want. I like that accuair is hand assembled in the USA. I like how clean the accuair system is.
Old 06-08-15, 09:18 AM
Baotloi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by happyhood
are you talking the whole setup or just the management?

airrex can come all together, (struts, bags, tank, management, etc)....

accuair is just the management.

i know accuair does not have air pressure gauge with their system, a lot add a gauge on to monitor the air. also if you install it right, it's a great system. if the links are binded or too much stress they use to break. i heard they updated that though.

I have Airrex on my matrix, so do bunch of my friends on other cars (535i, fit, ls460 awd, etc). we love the bags, it's really just bolt in. i know the LS bag/struts feels really NICE, not to stiff but yet not bouncy.

the Airrex management is wireless, which is pretty dope. we all got the top of the line kits so it display our read out. i know they just release their key chain version which is suppose to be the entry level kit.

if you are looking for the bag, some gone universal air, and airrunner.

other management you might want to check out is airlift, heard they are getting a new wireless management too. bunch of my friends have it and it's really good too.

good luck.

Yea I was looking for the full setup; struts and management. My main concern is reliability. For the amount of money being spent a on these system, I want it to work and be reliable for a long time since I'll be keeping this car till the end of its life pretty much.

Also, how much space is required in the trunk for both systems? I know Airrex has a built in box, but the site doesn't give actual dimensions. Anyone have photos? I want to keep the spare tire as well.
Old 06-08-15, 09:21 AM
Baotloi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lbintab
Most will know my answer haha. I run a airrunner paired with accuair management. I love the setup. No pressure gauges but can be added if desired. Personally I don't need the pressure gauges. It'll just tell you where you are. On a 460 it'll be a 100-120 up front and 60-80 in the rear depending on the height you want and stiffness you want. I like that accuair is hand assembled in the USA. I like how clean the accuair system is.
I've seen the accuair system and they seem to take up a lot of space in the trunk. That's my biggest concern with accuair.
Old 06-08-15, 09:39 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,206 Likes on 956 Posts

I'm curious if aftermarket is a better way to go than OEM. I've read that when the OEM system needs repair, it's very costly. Are the aftermarkets easier and less costly to repair? I'll be shopping for an LS soon. Thanks.
Old 06-08-15, 10:23 AM
Baotloi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by swfla
I'm curious if aftermarket is a better way to go than OEM. I've read that when the OEM system needs repair, it's very costly. Are the aftermarkets easier and less costly to repair? I'll be shopping for an LS soon. Thanks.
I think it comes down to warranty of the product as well as preference. There are great aftermarket stuff but big manufacturers tend to give better warranty from my experience. Not only is it better, but the process is smoother.
Old 06-08-15, 12:38 PM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Baotloi
I've seen the accuair system and they seem to take up a lot of space in the trunk. That's my biggest concern with accuair.
Like lbintab above, I'm also running an Accuair system but will be installing gauges and manual paddles in the near future. All my suspension components in the trunk are installed where the spare tire was, so I'm not really sure why you heard it "takes up a lot of space"; I think that would really be dependent on who your installer is and what they can do to mitigate that issue is.

FWIW, I saw somewhere that Airlift would be releasing a system in the near future that showed both pressure/height management, so that might also be an alternative to your aforementioned options.
Old 06-08-15, 12:54 PM
Baotloi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by brianlin87
Like lbintab above, I'm also running an Accuair system but will be installing gauges and manual paddles in the near future. All my suspension components in the trunk are installed where the spare tire was, so I'm not really sure why you heard it "takes up a lot of space"; I think that would really be dependent on who your installer is and what they can do to mitigate that issue is.

FWIW, I saw somewhere that Airlift would be releasing a system in the near future that showed both pressure/height management, so that might also be an alternative to your aforementioned options.
Yea I don't want to lose the spare.
Old 06-08-15, 08:15 PM
KingDabid
Driver School Candidate

I have Accu-air x UAS x BC Coils on my LS400. Did the install myself but couldn't be happier. There are a lot of nice features. For example and my favorite one is when I start my car it automatically goes to my set drive height. The only time I would have liked a gauge was during set up otherwise the height sensors were a pain to install but work really well. It does take up a lot of space but you can rearrange the components so that it doesn't. Stole this pic from Dorbritz Designs blog. Its a good example of how you to mount the components without losing the spare.

I have decided to go with Airrex for my LS460 and will report back to this thread once installed. I was told it would take 4-5 weeks to deliver the kit.
Old 06-08-15, 10:12 PM
Baotloi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KingDabid
I have Accu-air x UAS x BC Coils on my LS400. Did the install myself but couldn't be happier. There are a lot of nice features. For example and my favorite one is when I start my car it automatically goes to my set drive height. The only time I would have liked a gauge was during set up otherwise the height sensors were a pain to install but work really well. It does take up a lot of space but you can rearrange the components so that it doesn't. Stole this pic from Dorbritz Designs blog. Its a good example of how you to mount the components without losing the spare.

I have decided to go with Airrex for my LS460 and will report back to this thread once installed. I was told it would take 4-5 weeks to deliver the kit.
Dude that is nice! Let me know how the Airrex is for you. I'll make a final decision in late July.
Old 06-09-15, 04:06 AM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Baotloi
Yea I was looking for the full setup; struts and management. My main concern is reliability. For the amount of money being spent a on these system, I want it to work and be reliable for a long time since I'll be keeping this car till the end of its life pretty much.

Also, how much space is required in the trunk for both systems? I know Airrex has a built in box, but the site doesn't give actual dimensions. Anyone have photos? I want to keep the spare tire as well.
Note that you don't need to get the Airrex boxed setup, you can get everything out of the box. If you go this route it would be best to have an Airrex dealer do the install. Generally speaking all of the struts and management systems mentioned so far in this thread are reliable and good products. Key is to get it installed properly by an experienced shop/person. Good luck with your search
Old 06-09-15, 06:53 AM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

im currently using ridetech ridepro e3 in my car and loves it. The kit I'm using includes height sensors just like accuair plus the controller have air pressure display best bang for the buck.
Old 06-11-15, 02:18 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

My entire setup is where the spare used to be. I can no longer use the spare tire anyways since I've went with a big brake kit. The smallest wheel that will go on the car now is maybe a 20in. The rotors are 15.5 inches now.
Old 06-12-15, 11:08 AM
sleekmr3
Driver

I currently have Airrex with Accu-air management on my 07 LS460 Originally had Accu-Air with bags, then changed out the bags to Airrex. Love it. couldn't be happier.

Quick Reply: Airrex vs. Accuair